Jump to content

Aditus

Signature Author
  • Posts

    9,911
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aditus

  1. A Light for Jacob “You forgot Jacob, Mrs. McClain!” Adam yelled, waving his hand. “Manners, Adam! Please don’t shout out in class,” the teacher scolded. “I’m sorry, but Jacob hasn’t picked a name yet, and you just said we’re all done.” He glanced at the boy in the row next to him. He didn’t know much about the new addition to their fifth grade class, only that the boy kept mainly to himself. Most of the class thought Jacob was odd. He wore a small, round, black cap over his ebony cur
  2. You know, I just wanted to take a brief look at the story and eventually read it later tonight...only I couldn't stop until I reached the end. That's why I have a half decorated Christmas tree in my living room right now. It had just the right amount of tragic, angst, hurt, hope and love. Thank you for sharing.
  3. Aditus

    Maelstrom

    I can only think of how afraid Dana must have been, after Ivan told him what he did to Kenny. There is always a residual risk that they both fall back to their usual pattern, but all in all it's looking good. Around this time of the year I want to think positive. Thank you for sharing!
  4. Aditus

    Chapter 1

    I had fun! Thank you for sharing!
  5. Aditus

    Finding Christmas

    And this time the hand was yours. Thank you!
  6. Cozy Christmas Socks ‘Rrowff, arf, arf, arf, rrowff’ “Sox! For fuck’s sake!” Ren grinned when he heard Jonah’s irritated voice. Their big ball of fluff must be rearranging their shoes in the hall again—“You crazy noodle!”—causing Jonah to invent food-related pet names for him. Two and a half weeks’ vacation. No overflowing schedules, emergency phone conferences and upset clients. Ren threw the backpack over his shoulder, grabbed the bottle of red wine he’d gotten from Jonah’s favorite win
  7. Oh yes, congrats Gary!
  8. I agree with Puppi, the banner is great. Thanks to the Anthology Support Team!
  9. ‘Tell us, Gramma…’ ‘Once upon a time, there was only Solus, no before, no after. He took from himself to build and deconstruct, to fuse, to rip apart, to pour and empty with one purpose only: to satisfy his curiosity. After he had used everything up but his mere essence, he watched what he had put in motion, for his creations didn’t remain the way he had made them. They changed in accordance to newfound laws and rules. Suddenly, direction existed. Time existed. For ages, Solus walked t
  10. Step into an alternative world, where women and men live in different realms, and peace is mandatory. What will happen if a war threatens?
  11. Happy Birthday!
  12. The Yule Log The history of the Yule log cake stretches all the way back to Europe’s Iron Age, before the medieval era. Back then, Celtic Brits and Gaelic Europeans would gather to welcome the winter solstice at December’s end. People would feast to celebrate the days finally becoming longer, signaling the end of the winter season. To cleanse the air of the previous year’s events and to usher in the spring, families would burn logs decorated with holly, pinecones or ivy. Wine and salt were also
  13. Sot Suppe When I was a child, my paternal grandparents would invite our extended family to a restaurant the Sunday before Christmas. My father is one of ten kids and they all had big families so there were about sixty to seventy people, no small bill for working-class farmers. It was my grandparents gift to the family each year. They always made reservations at a place called “The Manor Inn” and it was a traditional supper club style atmosphere. When you walked into the back room, there wer
  14. Red’s Bar Frank didn’t know how he’d actually ended up at Red’s Bar. In fact, he couldn’t remember having noticed the place before, even though he took the exact same way home from work every day. A door had suddenly opened, spilling out a laughing man surrounded by warmth, air scenting of orange and cloves, and Christmas music. Next, Frank found himself on a barstool, with his arms resting on polished, dark wood, staring at a strange, spicy smelling beverage in front of him—until someone clear
  15. Poem#2 Darlene Love’s Christmas is playing in the background. Andrei grips the glass so hard it hurts. He welcomes the pain. It tethers him to life, tells him it is good to feel. The whiskey though, the whiskey says ‘let go’, to drink himself into alluring numbness. One day at a time. That has been his mantra for over two years now—two years of being sober. When it all began, he thought it was just a phase, thought he could stop anytime he wanted, if he wanted; relied on Rue to make it right, a
  16. My First Year Without Santa When I was a very small child, our family would go to Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Swanson’s for Christmas Eve. Great Grandma would bake pies and cookies and little dishes of scalloped corn. There were presents galore, my cousin Brenda to play with, and lots of laughter and happiness. Late at night, at least to Brenda and me it was late, a tinkle of a bell would have us racing to the basement landing where Santa left us presents. We ran as fast as we could to
  17. Aditus

    Story

    *evil laugh* I luv twists and turns. To the other thing...nope, no comment. You'll have to wait until Val reveals who wrote what later.
  18. So, I too think you're a nice guy. With that out of the way, I hate hospitals too. I worked at one for over five years and was really glad when circumstances encouraged me to quit. *hug*
  19. Reindeer Games James jumped when he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist, drawing him backward. “How’s the training coming along?” “Jeez, Chris! You scared the crap outta me!” Chris kissed James’ neck. “Sorry, babe, but I needed to see you. You know how stressful this time of year is.” “I know.” James turned his head slightly so Chris could see his smirk. “I think someone’s been hitting the cookies a bit early.” He poked the other man in his ample belly. “Hey!” Chris protested
  20. Yep, I thought you would say that as well. I'm going to write them into some stories and vignettes, I think. They will appear in Michael's story. Maybe, someday, you will believe in the new Ren. And if not, that's okay as well.
  21. Lol, I just knew you'd like this!
  22. Aditus

    Chapter 3

    Yep, they're a lot of work, IMO there's a lot of love as well though.
  23. Aditus

    Chapter 2

    I did a lot of research and asked some people. I like Kinney too, I just appeared and I'm quite happy with him. I'm glad you're interested in some aspects of the story.
  24. Aditus

    Chapter 1

    I can see why the beginning might be off putting. I've been in a special mood when I wrote this. Couldn't do that every day. Glad you still read on.
  25. Aditus

    Prologue

    Aw... poor Ren. Thank you, those two needed voices.
×
×
  • Create New...