Jump to content

Aditus

Signature Author
  • Posts

    9,911
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aditus

  1. Valkyrie: Adi fixed the recipe, so you should now have the whole cookie recipe. They are quite yummy. Thanks for the review!
  2. Valkyrie: They are quite yummy with balsamic vinegar, too.
  3. Valkyrie: You got it! Although I got the year wrong. I closed on my house 12/12/2008. I’m sure you’ll be able to say the same in no time! I’m glad you liked the recipes.
  4. Valkyrie: The herring got you this time. I closed on my house on this date eight years ago. I got the year wrong when I wrote the story…. Lol
  5. Valkyrie: So sorry to hear about your nephew’s boyfriend’s mom. How sad. Thank you for your kind words.
  6. Valkyrie: Thank you!
  7. Valkyrie: The singing portion of the brain is different from the speaking portion, so when someone has a brain injury one area can be left unaffected while the other is impaired. For someone with a communication disorder, any measure of success can be quite meaningful. Thanks for the review.
  8. Valkyrie: Thank you I appreciate the support and the review.
  9. Valkyrie: Thanks so much!
  10. LBO!
  11. Valkyrie: I’m a horrible singer. Lol I didn’t fool too many with this one, which isn’t surprising given my profession. Thanks for the review.
  12. Valkyrie: Talking, whistling, and singing are all very different activities, so it’s not unusual for someone deficient in one area to be proficient in another. Thanks for reading and reviewing.
  13. Valkyrie: Speaking and singing are generated in different parts of the brain, so people who stutter or have aphasia or other speech/language disorders can often sing much better than they can speak. I’ve worked with individuals with all the disorders you mentioned, including laryngectomies. Use of the electrolarynx is an acquired skill, and it can be very difficult to understand people who use one. I’m glad the story triggered so many memories, although I’m sorry you’ve known so many with conditions that can be quite debilitating. Thank you for sharing.
  14. Valkyrie: Thanks, Reader. This is based off of several different true stories. I’ll post about it in the thread after the weekly reveal.
  15. Valkyrie: Indeed. Merry Christmas to you too, tim.
  16. Valkyrie: They have a way of doing that, don’t they? Thanks for the review.
  17. Valkyrie: Your review brought a smile to my face. Thanks so much for the kind words.
  18. Valkyrie: Cool! I look forward to reading your story It was a great career while it lasted. It took its toll physically and mentally, though. So I was ready for a career change and I don’t regret a minute of it. Thanks for the review.
  19. Valkyrie: Thanks for sharing your memory with us. Part of riding horses is falling off. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve hit the ground… lol I’m sorry your first ride didn’t end so well. And it’s never too late to take up a hobby.
  20. Valkyrie: Collectors have the same mindset, no matter what we collect. Thanks for sharing your memory, Drew. And thanks for leaving the review!
  21. Valkyrie: I spent a lot of time at the library taking out as many horse books as I could. In school, we would get a catalog of Scholastic books every so often and I would be allowed to order a book or two each time. I always chose the horse books. Lol I’ve never been lucky enough to own my own horse. Who knows? Maybe someday I will. I was always happy enough riding either client horses or lesson horses. I didn’t know you were a farrier. Very cool. Thanks for the review!
  22. Valkyrie: Thank you for reading.
  23. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tim! “Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
  24. A Christmas Visit Valkyrie “Mom, I need your help,” I said, cradling my cell phone to my ear. “Why? What’s wrong?” She was always quick to assume the worst. “Nothing. I have some friends coming to visit, and I need help getting the house ready.” “Oh? Who’s coming? Marie and Ben?” she asked, referring to my best friend and her son. “No, they’re celebrating with family. It’s a couple of people I met online.” I braced myself for the upcoming lecture. “Online? Are you sure that’s su
  25. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
×
×
  • Create New...