Jump to content

DynoReads

Author
  • Posts

    788
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DynoReads

  1. I have gotten together with exes over coffee to catch up on old times. The only way I would consider dating again, though, is if the relationship ended because one moved because of job, education or family issues. After all, there is a reason they are exes, but they could become friends.
  2. DynoReads

    warning

    The Red Hat Society does use the same poem, but they seem to have a different understanding of the poem than I do. I'm glad my story brought back good memories.
  3. Happy Birthday Elijah
  4. Happy Birthday
  5. Happy Birthday
  6. Happy Birthday!
  7. Too short! Why did Conrad see the fight when Ian was closer?
  8. Happy Birthday Yetti One
  9. DynoReads

    Utopia?

    FOX has a new reality tv show, Utopia. The idea is to place 15 people in an isolated setting, limited supplies, no rules, and let them create a new society, based on a Dutch show. Sound possible? Except the deck is stacked for fights. Some one who hates "bible thumpers" a Pastor a red neck a survivalist (doomsday planner) belly dancer a lawyer an ex-con and others more compatible. Is it possible for them to create a functional society? Can they stop fighting enough to develop common goals? How quickly will politics develop? I want to watch, but hate what I see. As writers we have the opportunity to create our own societies, or even micro-societies. How do we keep it functional? Do we ignore politics, or is it part of the story? What is our perfect society?
  10. Happy Anniversay - thanks for the great community
  11. Happy Birthday WildOne
  12. Happy Birthday totallyy
  13. Happy Birthday ebil one
  14. Try some mechanic's hand cleaner like GOJO, or Orange Goop. My father also swore by Lestoil to get oil & grease out of things. Other than that I've been seeing ads for a new product by Thompson, the folks who make the water seal for decks, that restains and seals older decks.
  15. DynoReads

    Chapter 1

    It was a good story when I first read it. It's now a great story. Love it.
  16. DynoReads

    Chapter 1

    Unique take on the theme. Whether we can change the attitudes in time remains to be seen. Thanks for sharing.
  17. DynoReads

    Chapter 1

    This is still my favorite. A teacher reminiscing about his career, and hoping he made a difference.
  18. Fields of Lava Gray dust and smoke darkened the skies. No animal remained on the mountain to be troubled by the hot, harsh air. The lucky ones had fled down the slope and found refuge nearby. A few tree skeletons clung stubbornly to the hillside. The smoldering remains of once proud trees testified to the destructive force of the volcanic eruption. Weeks passed. Cooling rivers of lava slowly turned to stone. Beneath the surface, the heat and pressure created sparkling stones; unseen treasure p
  19. Goldfish are a type of carp. They aren't usually eaten as they are pretty tasteless, and generally small.
  20. When I was very young, my dad took my older brother fishing. They caught 3 comet goldfish. silver with orange spots all over. Not the little bitty things you keep in a bowl. Nope, the smallest of the fish was 12 inches, the largest, closer to 18 inches. My brother was upset, he wanted to let the fish go. He didn’t understand that the fish were already dead. Mom and Dad argued over whether or not they were goldfish or carp, and if you could eat goldfish. My dad gutted the three fish, wrapped
  21. Happy Belated Birthday
  22. I like hot tea sweetened, but iced tea unsweetened. I'm the opposite with coffee, hot is black no sugar, cold sweetened with cream.
  23. Happy Birthday
×
×
  • Create New...