Yikes... I held my breath throughout the chapter because I could feel the tension radiating off the page. Corey doesn't have the emotional fortitude to deal with someone like Sebastian. He's been gaslighted and had his head turned around to the point he doesn't know what's 'normal' anymore. Zoe is smart... I hope she's able to help Corey out of this situation before it escalates, but then we wouldn't have as interesting a story Besides, Sebastian won't let Corey go. He's already proven that. I wonder what Corey will do when Billy ends up missing? Or will Sebastian make Corey his unwilling accomplice? I wonder how Corey will react then.
Bringing Corey to his house was probably what made Corey stay with Sebastian. Corey is going to use it to rationalize Sebastian's behavior and abuse. He's already allowed Sebastian to manipulate him away from his friends and coerce him into having sex. And now Sebastian has killed twice. We knew it was only a matter of time, but the split-second decision and lack of any type of emotional response is quite chilling. He's a bona-fide serial killer, that's for sure. I only hope Corey can escape before it's too late.
Sebastian is most certainly a human monster. Corey sees it, yet lacks the self-confidence to realize he can do better. There are so many red flags here. It's only a matter of time before Sebastian does something horrific to Corey. I can see him guilting Corey into sex, and I can't see him stopping if Corey gets scared or to a point where he says 'no'. This is the start of an abusive relationship. It's hard to read (which is a compliment as to how well you're portraying the dynamic ).
COVID is rampant in the nursing homes here. In one home alone, there were over 25 deaths. I won't get into how it got so bad there, but at least our numbers are going in the right direction now. My mom takes care of an elderly couple and is being extremely cautious about what she does and where she goes. My aunt does her shopping for her, and we haven't socialized since March.
It's 76 right now, which is our high temp for the day. Rain and potentially severe storms are on the way and will cool things down considerably. It's only supposed to reach 60 tomorrow. It's a welcome relief from the record high temps of earlier this week!
I bought a new camera and photo box set up and they both arrived today I bought them for a couple of reasons... I want to catalog my model horse collection and I'm participating in a photo model horse show in July. So I'll be spending June taking photos of models and uploading them to the show's website. I'm really excited about it
I love zuppa Toscana and New England clam chowder. I think my favorite may be ham/cheddar/broccoli. There aren't too many soups I don't like, minus the two you mentioned
Sebastian is dangerous, possessive, and utterly lacking in empathy for other living things. He's already proven he's a murderer, so anyone who interferes with his wants is potentially prey. He's playing with Corey just to get sex. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up raping him. Corey's friends seem smart enough to catch on to Sebastian's faults. Unfortunately, I have a feeling he won't listen if they try to warn him away from Sebastian.
So now Corey and Sebastian have met. The fact that Sebastian appears so at ease is further proof of his sociopathy, IMO. He's good at faking. And his uncle is out of town? Very strange... so that implies he's covering up the death. I would think there wouldn't be any sort of official issue with the death, given the uncle's underlying health issues.