At my old place, I came home from work once to find a dead sparrow near my door. I had to get my neighbor's son to get rid of it for me so I could get inside. He didn't bat an eye... walked right up to it. Picked it up IN HIS BARE HANDS and tossed it into the garbage can. Imagine the spider dance, only times 1000.
I was in the car, so no. Just an "OMG" gasp. It's at the curb, right near where I pull into my driveway. So I avert my eyes and hope I don't end up on the neighbor's lawn.
Aren't moms the best? Mine is coming over later to set my garbage and recycling totes out to the curb for me because there's a dead squirrel at the end of the drive and I refuse to go anywhere near it. It's been there for a few days and the town hasn't picked it up yet. If they don't pick it up tomorrow, I'll call the town and ask them to send the dead animal cleanup crew. And before you all ask me why I won't go anywhere near a dead squirrel... I have a phobia of dead things. I'm not joking. I'm terrified to go anywhere near the poor thing.
For the non-Americans, 7-11 is a chain of convenience stores. They're famous for their flavored ices called "Slurpees". They give away free Slurpees on 7-11 every year.
@Timothy M. I saw this on the news and immediately thought you'd appreciate it. On 7/11 this year, a baby boy was born at 7:11 pm weighing 7 pounds, 11 ounces. I said they should name him "Slurpee", but apparently the parents didn't agree.
Sounds perfect to me It's supposed to reach the low 80s here and be nice and sunny. Tomorrow, mid-80s, then Wed/Thurs we get the remains of the storm that hit the gulf coast.
Now, to finish my coffee and do paperwork. Fun.