Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,146
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. So they just called to set up the appointment for the repair. They're coming out next week, but they only do service calls Mon-Fri during normal business hours, so 8:30-5:30. And I can't request after a certain time, I'm stuck with whatever they assign me She also said she could give me store credit as compensation for the tear in the couch Um... no. I said that wasn't acceptable and she said she'd talk to the manager and call me back. So as I was typing all this, she calls me back to say the manage won't authorize any type of refund, but I can still have the store credit. So I asked to speak to the manager directly and he'll call me tomorrow. This place is sorely lacking in customer service. Not offering any type of discount for damaged goods is absolutely not acceptable. And I'm sure as hell not shopping there again, so store credit is absolutely useless.
  2. Well my new couch is in my den and has been claimed by Knight already. So kitty has a new throne. Unfortunately, it's the couch I was going to have replaced because of the rip The delivery guys tried to get it out of the dining room, but weren't able to do so without further damaging the couch or my house. How the original guys got it into the dining room in the first place is a bit of a miracle. So they were at least able to get it into the den, although it was a bit of a wrestling match. So I called to see if I could keep the original couch and have them repair the rip and get a discount, and they're going to call and set up an appointment for a repair tomorrow. If I ever move, the new owners will get a bonus couch with the house. There's no way I'm trying to get this damn thing out of here again. It looks really nice though
  3. Central air refers to air conditioning that works through the furnace ductwork and cools the whole house, as opposed to window units that only cool the room they're installed in. I have central air too. Best money I ever spent!
  4. Sounds wonderful I'll have to check out their FB page
  5. I'm sure your mare is fine. Horses are pretty resilient. Can you hose her down?
  6. It's not my fault he didn't heed my warning.
  7. I always tell myself I'd rather be stuck in traffic than be the one holding traffic up.
  8. I'm home now and yay for the weekend The storms arrived just in time for my commute. It took me 45 minutes to get home due to the heavy rain and traffic accidents.
  9. "Heat Advisory" is a strange name. Although it would make an apt nickname
  10. I spent some time in Arizona and, while it's a beautiful state, I missed the greenery of the northeast and the change of seasons.
  11. You're the bestest Tea Bat and WQ ever
  12. You gotta be in it to win it And if you do win... you're going to share with your beloved WQs, right?
  13. Mine is more Elaine Benes from Seinfeld.
  14. I much prefer the cold over summer heat. Marty's Irish weather sounds heavenly to me.
  15. I would say this to my current job:
  16. Sounds about the same here. It was already 80 when I left for work, with oppressive humidity. The worst of the heat is supposed to be tomorrow, with better temps on Sunday. There's a chance of a storm either today or tomorrow, but I have a feeling it will only make things worse, not better. My replacement couch is supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Let's hope for better success this time.
  17. Sounds like a lovely day I think I want to move to Ireland... your temps sound perfect! Have a great time
  18. Careful, now you're sounding like Albert!
  19. Great news from my doctor today All my tests went well and I get to come off one of my medications that was making me sicker. So I should start feeling better and be able to do more things
  20. Self-indulgent? Nope. I'm trying to think of another word besides 'powerful' because it's already been used to describe this poem, but if the shoe fits... so I'll echo what's already been said. This is one of your most powerful poems and a good lesson for today's youth.
×
×
  • Create New...