Well the couch was delivered, but they couldn't get it through my den door. which was probably a good thing, since it turned out to have a rip in it. So they're going to schedule the delivery of a replacement, which will give me time to remove the door from the den so the couch will actually fit through it. We got a bit more rearranging done in the house, so that's good. Now I'm relaxing and enjoying the lovely breeze coming through my windows. It's a beautiful day here.
It's supposed to be a nice weekend here. Not too hot or humid. Next week is another story, though. It's supposed to be a scorcher.
No call on the delivery yet. I was hoping to be first on the list, but more likely I'll be last. lol
Yeah, it's early. My couch is supposed to be delivered between 8:00 and 10:00 this morning and I have to get ready for that. So I'm catching up on my computer stuff and crushing candy before I have to move things out of the way for the delivery guys.
I like the forum and club consolidation. So far I haven't had any issues finding anything.
I found GA by following a link on Rob Colton's profile on another site. So it seems that linking back to GA is an effective method of drawing people here. I'm honestly not sure what to suggest that hasn't already been suggested. Promoting GA on social media more makes sense to me.
Like countless others, I read and lurked here for a while before creating a profile and joining. I'm a lurker on most sites I visit, but there was something about the friendly and supportive atmosphere on GA that drew me in and made me want to participate. The prompts really spoke to me and inspired me to start writing again after a long hiatus.
*waves* Hi, all! Sorry I've been so absent. I went on vacation and I've also been dealing with some health issues in addition to the never-ending house renovations. So I'm exhausted all the time and have been reading/lurking more than participating. And no, WQs and Clo... that is not an invitation to raid the herd!
Making fun of someone's speech patterns is never acceptable, no matter what the circumstances. You outlined the reasons perfectly. As a speech-language pathologist, this issue hits home for me as well. Thank you for this.
I think you captured the essence of a lovely evening spent with good friends. I had a similar experience when visiting my BFF last week. This is what life is all about.
I agree with Northie. It's a great companion piece to "The Bar". The roses are a living reminder of something that may have withered, but still flourishes fondly in memory. It reminds me of a poem I read in high school, but I can't recall the name of it.
Wow... this is quite a powerful piece. It brought tears to my eyes. This is an apt modern take on the Good Samaritan, and one I can picture playing out all too clearly, I'm afraid. Too bad the endings aren't the same, but that's our current reality, sadly. Well done, as always.
You and Tim do make a great team I really enjoyed this prequel. It was nice getting a different perspective and getting to know Ariel better. Great job!
I recorded and watched the live coverage from yesterday. I was disappointed they didn't mention it being Pride day, but then again I may have missed it since I fast forwarded through some parts. I think I saw you in some of the footage... being in the middle of the bull riding arena isn't the safest place to be, even if you get a great view. 🤡