Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,151
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. So sorry to hear Rant away all you'd like
  2. You'll feel so much better once it's all done.
  3. Today is national bat appreciation day, so this is for my WQ from down under to let him know how much we appreciate tea bats. @Bucket1
  4. The threats come later
  5. Thank you so much. Sorry to hear you have to deal with men like my former customer. I fear they are too prevalent around the world.
  6. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and back to writing.
  7. Thank you so much I knew you'd appreciate #8
  8. The Hudson Valley is so beautiful, especially in the fall. Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm not so sure about the 'easy' part. Your input definitely made them better.
  9. April 8 makes me want to hug you April 9, I don't think I've ever heard writer's block penned so exquisitely. April 10 I love them all, but in particular the bright moonlight waltzing with the stars. April 11 water is such a powerful force. I particularly like the last two lines. April 12 I love it! You made me laugh out loud and picture it quite clearly April 13 👍 April 14 made me smile. Somehow, I can totally picture you doing this. Thanks for sharing your poems. As always, I am in awe of your talent.
  10. Valkyrie

    Day 11 - Day 15

    I like them all, but you nailed the personification of November. I love the Shapeshifter cat. Their ability to morph is quite amazing. And I completely relate to the prompt poem. Another great week
  11. I enjoyed these just as much as the first week's. Thanks for sharing.
  12. I enjoyed these a lot. I love old world mythology and these paint a vivid picture. I'm glad you're doing NaPoWriMo again.
  13. Thank you, Parker Misogyny is based on an actual experience when I used to work retail. The man was a real piece of work. He once called to ask for information I could have easily supplied, but demanded to talk to a man. So I put one of our Spanish-speaking workers on the line (after explaining why, he was delighted to help!). The hike took place a few years ago, but I still have all the photos and remember it quite vividly. I'm glad the remembrances came through.
  14. NaPoWriMo Week 2 Poem #7 I am strength when weakness threatens. I am brave when danger looms. I am Roman and Norse mythology combined. I am warrior. I am Valkyrie. Poem #8 Framed imagery captured the moment of lift-off, Neck and body stretched in mid-air over Raised wooden poles, Legs carefully tucked to avoid the dreaded four fault knockdown, Human symbiont perched in perfect balance, Fusion of centaur and Pegasus, Soaring forever.
  15. Whew... today was totally a "first day back from vacation" day at work. I am so glad to be home and be able to relax. My only goal for tonight is to catch up with reading all the National Poetry Month postings and post my Week 2 poems. It's raining and cold out and traffic was a nightmare. I had a new prescription called in after my physical yesterday and debated waiting until tomorrow to pick it up, but went anyway. I almost got ran over in the parking lot and they didn't even have the prescription! It will be ready tomorrow. At least I bought dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow.
  16. "What do dragons eat?" "Whatever they want"
  17. I was gone all weekend and come back to only 6 pages? You guys are slacking I'm having a great visit with my friends and had an awesome weekend I'm back home tomorrow evening, then back to work on Tues. Sigh.
  18. I want to celebrate at your house 🤤
  19. Thank you, Emi
  20. Writing is a great way to cleanse the mind. Thanks for sharing these.
×
×
  • Create New...