Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. The author did a great job disguising who they are. My first thought was someone British, but now I'm wondering if it's @comicfan. He has one pet... a corgi. But I'm probably way off base since he doesn't write historical fiction. That I know of, anyway.
  2. Oh bummer. I didn't realize it had been unpublished.
  3. Wrangler Butts by reddirtwriter is a great series. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't read it already.
  4. I'm claiming this one.
  5. How are things in Albertville?
  6. *sneaks in to visit Dugh and mum and Thistle*
  7. Good luck to your mom and I hope the apartment hunt goes well
  8. Great interview! I have the same criterion for making my bed. I completely relate to difficulties writing that opening hook. I rewrote the beginning of the story I'm currently working on three times before I was finally satisfied with it. I'm sorry to hear about your partner, Meric.
  9. Remember the volcano reference? 🌋
  10. You've totally nailed the cats' reactions and I love hearing their thoughts. Pushing the book onto the floor daily is hysterical. I don't know what it is with cats and laying on things. Mine like to sleep on my remotes and phones. lol I feel bad for Hunter. Cats do seem to know when we need comforting. Great chapter!
  11. Bradley Cooper... *sigh*
  12. The world needs more strict parents. Having boundaries and expectations is a good thing, and so are manners.
  13. TGIF! It snowed all day, but thankfully it didn't stick. Just a dusting at work and nothing at home. I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I'm going to a fundraiser for where I work tomorrow and I think my mom is going to come over so we can do some more house stuff. I'm hoping to have Sunday as a day of rest. Well... not rest. Editing and writing.
  14. I hope it's photoshopped
  15. There are some kooks out there who like snow, too
  16. Not here Cold, overcast, and snowing.
  17. I hope he feels better soon. Reactions to anesthesia are not fun
  18. It was in the 50s today, but overcast. At least it hasn't rained like they predicted. Tomorrow, we're going to be reminded that March is still in full-on lion mode and spring is just a suggestion. Temps are supposed to drop overnight, bringing high winds and snow. Several inches of accumulation are predicted with a potentially nasty afternoon commute. Same thing for Monday. Bleh.
  19. He is? Guess I haven't been watching the news much. Good morning
  20. Thorn, you nailed this perfectly. Language influences thoughts and reactions. Using mental illness terms like this diminishes the struggles people with these disorders go through daily. It can be deflating to people with 'invisible' disabilities to hear these types of statements. People don't tend to understand what they can't see. Thank you for this.
×
×
  • Create New...