Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,295
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Hey, all! Horrible heat wave and heat warning here.
  2. That's monumental! Thanks for the link, Drewbear.
  3. I'm speechless. This a tale well told by a master. I know the answer, but I have to ask... did you write this, Albert? It's brilliant and deep on so many levels, and I am touched by the thought and care contained in each sentence. Thank you! I'm sure we all feel the same... you have real talent, sir.
  4. Hello, all! Had a great day yesterday.
  5. Thanks, buddy. This 'letter' didn't connect with many readers when I posted, at least as far as I knew. I shared some stuff that was difficult for me at the time, but I'm glad I did. I identified with her journey, and while I have felt some disappointment at some political statements she has made since, it does not detract from her courage and what she meant as a symbol to me. I'm so pleased you connected with this... and that I was brought back to it again. Yes, you were very lucky to have your dad's support.
  6. Thanks, Drew. I still have compassion for her journey, but am disappointed in her lack of support for the Trans and LGBTQ community as a whole. It's a good lesson that idols are just people, and can let us down. Cheers!
  7. Thanks again, @Mancunian, for reading my 'songs' and commenting and reviewing. Much appreciated.
  8. Thanks, Craig. I think they have gone by the wayside, replaced by texts and such, but I still have some I cherish. Thanks for all the support, buddy. You're the best! Cheers!
  9. Songs need to reach a lot of people, and they need to be able to find themselves or their experiences in them. We always interpret a song from our own point of view. This was about PRIDE, but not in the usual sense. The downtrodden can be a movement, or one person. We can't give up whether it is personal hurt, or homophobia.
  10. Relationships are hard work, but I know what you mean, Craig. We have to put the effort in and hope for the best. I always tried my best, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes it's the wrong person, and sometimes it is just bad luck. This song, though, was meant to be fun.
  11. Headstall

    Chapter 4 Still

    Never say never, my friend. I still get emails from my past that let me know I am still thought of. it gives me hope, even at my age. There are some relationships that we just know are going to stand the test of time, but we also know those can be a rarity. Keep the faith.
  12. Headstall

    Chapter 3 Don't

    Thanks, Craig. This one kind of hit me between the eyes. I remember clearly why I wrote this. Life is hard... love is harder.
  13. Exactly. I bet he can't even remember how it was with that woman. Sometimes we risk everything for nothing. Is it human nature? Maybe so, but not for me. Betrayal does leave marks that can't be erased. I know couples who have gotten through it, but it's been pretty obvious it changes things. Thanks for this, my friend. I love going back to these. Cheers!
  14. Thanks, Craig.
  15. Thanks, Albert. That's good to know. It would take some work, but I might just do it.
  16. Been so long since I read this. I'd completely forgotten about it. I used to write songs... but I'm not a musician. I do hear music in my head when I write what I consider lyrics, though. This one is sad, based on some truth. Losing a child in any way is something you never get over. Glad you found it worthwhile, buddy. Thank you! You are very kind.
  17. I'm biased, but I think Bearpaw is a good, well told story. I feel very proud of it.
  18. Hey, all! Thanks, @spike382 and @Mancunian for the great reviews, and your support.
×
×
  • Create New...