Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,254
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Songs need to reach a lot of people, and they need to be able to find themselves or their experiences in them. We always interpret a song from our own point of view. This was about PRIDE, but not in the usual sense. The downtrodden can be a movement, or one person. We can't give up whether it is personal hurt, or homophobia.
  2. Relationships are hard work, but I know what you mean, Craig. We have to put the effort in and hope for the best. I always tried my best, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes it's the wrong person, and sometimes it is just bad luck. This song, though, was meant to be fun.
  3. Headstall

    Chapter 4 Still

    Never say never, my friend. I still get emails from my past that let me know I am still thought of. it gives me hope, even at my age. There are some relationships that we just know are going to stand the test of time, but we also know those can be a rarity. Keep the faith.
  4. Headstall

    Chapter 3 Don't

    Thanks, Craig. This one kind of hit me between the eyes. I remember clearly why I wrote this. Life is hard... love is harder.
  5. Exactly. I bet he can't even remember how it was with that woman. Sometimes we risk everything for nothing. Is it human nature? Maybe so, but not for me. Betrayal does leave marks that can't be erased. I know couples who have gotten through it, but it's been pretty obvious it changes things. Thanks for this, my friend. I love going back to these. Cheers!
  6. Thanks, Craig.
  7. Thanks, Albert. That's good to know. It would take some work, but I might just do it.
  8. Been so long since I read this. I'd completely forgotten about it. I used to write songs... but I'm not a musician. I do hear music in my head when I write what I consider lyrics, though. This one is sad, based on some truth. Losing a child in any way is something you never get over. Glad you found it worthwhile, buddy. Thank you! You are very kind.
  9. I'm biased, but I think Bearpaw is a good, well told story. I feel very proud of it.
  10. Hey, all! Thanks, @spike382 and @Mancunian for the great reviews, and your support.
  11. Great minds think alike. *high fives Craig*
  12. Thanks, Craig! They do show up in Cards on the Table, and play an important role throughout. Thanks for taking this journey through a much earlier work. I enjoyed rereading each chapter. It had been quite a while since I visited these guys. This made my week, my good friend.
  13. Love is beautiful when it is right. I like giving readers the warm and fuzzies, I really do. Nothing wrong with feeling envious... I still want to live in Larkspur so I can keep an eye on the boys. This story could be so much better if I cleaned it up some, knowing what I know now, so I am really torn about editing the whole thing. Sigh. Anyway, thanks for your wonderful support, buddy. This has meant a lot to me.
  14. I feel that way too sometimes when I write these love scenes. Thanks for the kind words, my friend.
  15. The past can really screw a person up. The kind of pain that comes from betrayal, changes us I think... at least it did for me. Rereading this, I had the urge to edit this chapter. Way too much name usage and other things, but this is where I was as a writer at that time. I did like having us be inside Arron's head as he sat in his Highlander. That was very intriguing to write, and overall, I learned some things. These guys know what they want, and they overcame a big hurdle today. Love has a power all its own. Thanks, Craig.
  16. Oh, the fuss over Ian in this chapter. It was both stressful and fun to write. There is a real test for this new relationship. Can Arron trust Chet? That's the big question here. To Chet, Ian is nothing more than a disruption, but Arron obviously doesn't believe it. Time will tell. Cheers and thanks.
  17. A little tension is good, right? I kind of wince at the sappiness of this chapter, but guys like this do exist... that couple that makes others roll their eyes. I'm glad you see the 'something good'. Cheers, my friend.
  18. Your instincts could be good ones, Craig. We'll see what happens, but yeah, Ian is messed up and messy. Some people thrive on drama. Thanks and cheers.
  19. Yup, that's me. Glad you liked it. It's some of my more sappy writing, but I love it too. Thanks so much, buddy.
  20. Yeah, that eye thing was definitely overdone. Still, it's the characters that drive a story, and these two together had something. I often wonder how many relationships are hit and miss through chance. Both men realize it came close to not happening... maybe that will help them in the future. Cheers and thanks, Craig.
  21. Lol. This story proved to me I could write something new way back when. I'd still had so much to learn... still do... but this gave me confidence I wasn't a one story wonder, so to speak. It was amazing to me how much Chet was loved in "Cards on the Table". That interest was inspiring. Thanks for checking this one out, my friend. Hope you like it, warts and all. Cheers!
  22. Thanks, spikeman! And leaving reviews are encouraged site wide, so no one will mind.
×
×
  • Create New...