So... this is hard to write. I've had my world rocked as of last Thursday when I found out my son and his wife are splitting up. I had no idea there was any problem, but they have been apart as a couple since March, but keeping it a secret, at least from me. Her cancer diagnosis apparently had an effect on her, and she wants a different kind of life. I've been so wrapped up in worry for her and her second operation, and now I'm most worried for their kids.
My son says she has found someone else, an old ex, and there is no chance at reconciliation. Neither one wants it. Heartbreaking. Life goes on, and my son plans to move back home until he finds a new house to buy. Their house was listed Friday and they already have a great offer they are deciding on. I'm not sure if they accepted it or are waiting for today's viewing to be over. The only good thing for me is the grandkids will be here a lot more, but this was the last thing I wanted to see.
They are both great parents, so they will do their best to make it work for the children, but it still is going to be hard for them.
Hard to even think about, so please don't PM me. I know you all wish my family well.