Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,256
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Yeah, that would be a big difference. So... maybe they weren't vampires... just very lucky.
  2. Almost missed this. Thank you, dear friend. Like most people, I have my insecurities at times, never really sure that what I write will be well received, so this means a lot to me and my confidence.
  3. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Maybe they were vampires?
  4. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Loading five sounds like good sense to me.
  5. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    With my family, they're lucky I don't know how to shoot a gun. I liked archery in school, so I might actually enjoy target shooting. Still, I'm more likely to shoot myself than a pumpkin.
  6. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Okay... that would be different. I might need to shoot a dancing squirrel for food.
  7. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    I'm a lover not a fighter. There will be no gun loading in my future.
  8. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

  9. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    I'd be one of the slowest ones.
  10. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Okay, thanks, Doc. I think I got it now. It's kind of what I thought, but I've never used a gun... other than a BB gun.
  11. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    So... you load a percussion cap in each chamber and then put the bullet or ball in front of it... and then it's complete? The trigger strikes the cap, and the bullet/ball fires?
  12. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Depends on the movie, but yeah.
  13. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    It's why accuracy was so important. "I can shoot the eye out of a squirrel dancing in the rain".
  14. Yep. It's my prerogative.
  15. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Lol. There were a lot of great lines in that spaghetti western trilogy. One of my favorites... "You Never Had A Rope Around Your Neck. Well, I'm Going To Tell You Something. When That Rope Starts To Pull Tight, You Can Feel The Devil Bite Your Ass!" Lol... a classic!
  16. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Lol. I knew you would know who I meant. Yep. Pretty green ones Jubal appears to appreciate. In my mind, they are very similar to the author's.
  17. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Will do.
  18. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Exactly. I know the boys have favorite rings they like, so that means something to me too. My younger daughter who loves horses will get my horse photos and artwork as well... and my saddle and headstalls.
  19. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    @drpaladin I found some of what led me to believe the Navy 1851 used cartridges... Despite the "Navy" designation, the revolver was chiefly purchased by civilians and military land forces.[4] The .36-caliber (0.375–0.380-inch [9.5–9.7 mm]) round lead ball weighs 80 grains and, at a velocity of 1,000 feet (300 m) per second, is comparable to the modern .380 pistol cartridge in power. Loads consist of loose powder and ball or bullet, metallic foil cartridges (early), and combustible paper cartridges (Civil War era), all combinations being ignited by a fulminate percussion cap applied to the nipples at the rear of the chambers.
  20. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    That's a reality we don't think about. They were easier than muskets, though, weren't they?
  21. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    At the time, the stuff I sold was like a godsend. Now I have a bunch of jewelry sitting around, but I'll leave it to my kids. I think my boys would like some of the rings and the girls would like the chains and earrings. I don't wear any of them anymore... but I might put an earring in if I go out for a social evening.
  22. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    I loved that "The Good The Bad and The Ugly trilogy. He was magnificent in those. So was Eli Wallach, and of course, Clint.
  23. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Hey, Dan! yeah, I really enjoy the comments, especially the ones that praise me. Never mind the BM. That crap is off the table. He he. Yeah, we are getting a good idea of Jubal's attraction to this stranger. It would seem he is not comfortable with allowing those desires to come out, though. His cautiousness indicates something... maybe we'll get the whole picture eventually, but for now there is a friendship beginning, and I think that is something both of them need. Yes, this was indeed a fateful journey, but they haven't reached their destination yet. Thanks, buddy. Much appreciated.
  24. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Hello again, my friend. The ambushers were cocky, thinking they only had a single 'dumb farmer' to deal with. That was why Jubal and Lucas were able to survive the ordeal. Jubal is fortunate to get some of his gold back, but it was tough for him to be happy when he is grieving a beloved horse and partner. He'll get past it all, but it shows us how deeply he can feel, and that tells us what kind of man he is. A good one. Then third man is an unknown. If he were smart, he'd be long gone since he lost his crew, but evil men are unpredictable, so we shall see. Are we seeing a bond form between Lucas and Jubal? It sure looks like it. Thanks for the wonderful comment and the support, Doha. Cheers!
×
×
  • Create New...