Me too Spike! I got lost today again. I am happy to see we read a lot of the same stories. I do blame Albert, since he has led me to some very interesting stories and authors.
It sounds like hunters except for the one with glowing eyes. A vampire? What could make hunters work with a vampire? Is there some kind of mind control of the hunters involved? 😲
Vamp 101 gets of to a great start with how to feed yourself and avoid a permanent death. Mag is a great character. I also now wonder if all of Kitryn's family is dead.
Grandma and Fran share the same gift. I wonder if Grandma knows the importance of Simon to her family. That would explain why she so quickly helped to feed him.
The story has definitely shifted into high adventure as Meg reveals what has happened to the community of shifters. They not only have to run from hunters, but also try to free the shifter community from some evil magic.
I am glad that they have made it safely to shelter. It is a very big surprise that they are greeted by Fran's grandmother. I wonder if it is Kitryn's mom or just Fran's other grandmother.
Fran has an amazing ability that has saved their lives. Hunters are very dangerous, especially to a small group like Simon, Kitryn and the kits. I hope the can find shelter and maybe some allies to help them survive this menace. Great chapter.
It is nice that Simon and Kitryn are planning to stay together. Just want to add that I also like the short chapters that make it easier to remember what I want to say in the comments. It also keeps the comments shorter.
It was great that the two guys put aside the squabble quickly and thought to take care of the kits. Simon teaching the kits how to prepare the meat was special.
I guess Simon's trap worked quite well. It did catch a bigger animal. Now for the fun to begin. I hope it won't take too long, they both need to get back with food for the very anxious kits waiting for them.
Kitryn is a very strong and loving uncle to these three orphans. He must be very sad at the loss of his family and under pressure to help them all survive. I am happy that Simon has someone willing to protect him in Kitryn. I am also sure Simon will want to help Kitryn take care of the kits.
Simon likes what he see in Kitryn. I hope that Kitryn has similar feelings. The kits are acting much like siblings and young children. Well written start.
As with all good stories, new questions arise to take the place of questions answered. I love the kits with their special gifts and abundant energy. Looking forward to the learning more of the backstories of these characters.
I like the new pieces of the puzzle. One short, newly turned vampire, one "big boy" feline shifter, three cubs (normal or shifters to be determined) and a possible silver needle. Nice way to hook me into this story.