-
Posts
13,406 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by raven1
-
It seems that the generals are aware of the whole situation of Lady Nisa and her ambitions of becoming the Duchess. They also see that Kastan and Rashan are very happy with Jihan in their lives. What Set has discovered and Temu found out by reading the note will definitely make the generals very upset. I think that Lady Nisa's plan will be a fail without their support. Rashan calling Jihan Papa was special. I don't think he will overlook anything that Lady Nisa does to harm the relationship with his Papa and Pa. He is one smart kid! He found an overlooked loophole that will allow his father's generals to go to the Iron Lands to search for evidence of Lord Revi's malfeasance and traitorous intents. Great chapter, although I hope Jihan reflects on his cowardly avoidance and lack of trust in Kastan's gift.
-
There is so much to consider in this chapter. The Ancients are worried about Jihan, Kastan and the welfare of the Empire. Nieth's observations in the mirror as well as her discussion with Ha indicate a delicate touch is quickly needed to prevent dire consequences for the Empire. Her visit with Kastan has given him information he needs to make critical decisions, especially where Jihan is concerned. I do hope that the Emperor is able to take care, permanently, of the betrayals for Lord Revi and the Empress. I wish Ha and Best good luck with their visit to the Blood Nation. I suspect that Kastan's and Jihan's greatest treasure will be Rashan. I hope that Bast arranges for one of the new Shadow Guards to protect Rashan.
-
I'm doing well. Got my chores done today and have been reading some stories here. Aod and his sister went out for lunch and coffee, but I decided to stay home and be lazy. Usually I go with them, but sometimes I opt out to give them some time together without me or his sister's girlfriend along. Great news about the exam. 😄
-
Lady Nisa and Kastan will have to resolve the issue between them if Kastan really feels like she is his little sister. He doesn't treat her like that, however the resolution should not involve Jihan or that may cause troubles between Jihan and Kastan. I love that Jihan is growing into a second father for Rashan. Well written dialogue makes this seem so realistic as it adds depth to the growing relationships.
-
Jihan is trying to do his duty to his lover. I think with Jihan's skills as a merchant, the financial problems of Silver Shore Valley will soon be in the past. The money sent by Andiya will be well invested by Jihan to make the changes needed to the economy of the valley. The meeting with Yoru went well, and I hope he gets to meet and learn from Kastan's eagles how to communicate without hurting Jihan. It is sad that Kastan still does not have the level of love from Jihan that he experienced before. I hope that this issue will be resolved soon. The announcement by the Lady Nisa was glaringly rude by not including a request to meet Jihan. I hope that this does not go unnoticed.
-
The Kardoval dinner seems to not be a problem, since Garjah has made sure that the public will be able to see what is happening. However, the thought of a psychological war beginning is disturbing. Whenever this happens, it seems to spawn warfare. I don't know who the war will include, but Garjah and Essell will be in the middle. The weapon sounds very disturbing. Since it appears to be just one weapon, I don't see how it can be to protect the planet. Is it mobile or fixed? Can it be easily adapted to a space ship? Is it only to protect the Kardoval? Looking forward to the next chapter.
- 7 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
Hey Clo! Hope everything is good your way.
-
Sounds like Gary's barn (and probably the neighborhood) is a death zone for rats, mice, small birds, reptiles and other animals subject to feline predators. 😲
-
Although many of the characters do seem to have a Confucianism role in this society, that is not true of Kastan and Jihan. They are both Dukes of Silver Shore. By the demands place on Jihan by Kiran, Jihan won't be able to sit back and just manage the household and the relationships of the family. He has the power to make decisions without getting Kastan's permission. He will probably ask and receive advice from Kastan, but Jihan alone must rule his merchant empire. Jihan was nervous about his first meeting as a new family member with Rashan, but handled it successfully. He had great instincts in the discussion about how Rashan should address him. He preserved the separate identity of Jian as Rashan's mother without discounting Jihan's idea. Great chapter to start the new life for Jihan.
-
Jihan had a hard time letting go of his past. In a way it was hard not to feel sad for him. He is strong, and now has Kastan to love and protect him. I know Jihan will prosper and overcome any challenges he faces. I am looking forward to his future as a husband and father.
-
I wish I had your energy Gary! Sounds like you are better. I hope the same is true for your family. How many cats do you have? I love cats (and dogs and horses), but three (four???) litters is a lot of cats to find homes for.
-
He has been following another story I'm following so I know he was online, and I sent a PM to him yesterday. He responded that Mum is OK, but his migraines have been giving him a lot of problems. I also sent him my best wishes.
-
Great chapter! I did notice almost from the beginning the cultural influences in this story. I have lived in Asia for almost two decades and love the culture of the eastern Asian countries. Things I noticed went beyond the clothes, agriculture and personality traits. I loved the before the wedding fetching of the consort. It reminded me of the first Thai wedding I attended. The only difference would be in one of the challenges to the groom. In Thailand the groom is challenged to prove he has enough sexual equipment to satisfy the bride. It brings out a lot of laughter over the questions and claims made by the groom and his family. I do love this great tale. I don't think Jihan will have any problems as a father. I doubt the term step father will be applied to him in his new family.
-
Nice to know the author is skilled at writing a cliffhanger. The only problem I had with the chapter was with the nick on Jihan's neck by the shadow warrior.
-
IMO the Empress is very flawed by her upbringing and is still trying to control that which she should not. I had to laugh that she thought she could control or even influence Andiya even a little, based on the intelligence report on Jihan's parents. I do have to admit that I reread parts of this chapter after reading @travlbug's analysis. I agree that Kiyan is testing both Kastan and Jihan. I also think Kiyan is a lot more intelligent and crafty than I thought before. He is getting what he wants using his wife, siblings and court without their knowing what is really happening.
-
Hey Texy! From what height did you drop the book? The ceiling?
-
Good Morning Albert! Has the snow melted? Shouldn't it be getting warmer soon? Say "Hi" to Steve for me.
-
Hi Spike, Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 Hope your day is off to a great start!
-
I am sure that Kiyan will propose a marriage of Andiya and Kastan to Jihan's father. He probably will also talk to Kastan. I'm not sure what will result, but I trust that Kiyan and Kastan will work together to make sure a marriage of the families takes place. However, I'm not sure it will be the one Jihan believes will take place in the prologue. I do love the references of the comments to Shakespeare's comedies of error.
-
The prologue takes on a totally different meaning in this chapter. I know more is to come before Kastan and Jihan have resolved the problems separating them. Great chapter though! Now we know that Kastan is prepared to make Jihan's dreams real.
-
@travlbug has made some very good points. The other point to consider is whether all three youths survive to reach their full potential. Rashan nearly lost his life to an accident. There is also the question of whether any of the boys will grow up to the point that they are attracted to women and have their own children. Duke Silver didn't feel that attraction. Also, like so many arranged political marriages, things often fail if love and trust cannot be found in the marriage. Great chapter once again!
-
Just a guess, but I think this large group of ghost warriors is someone who doesn't like Duke Silver, because he is a threat to her power. That many warriors must be funded by a very powerful person, say, like the Empress. Jihan is very intelligent, but is damned reckless in this situation. Great chapter, and in case I forgot to mention, I'm hooked!
-
Good looking!
-
Hi Page! Hope all is good with you guys today.
-
Hi Gary, Sawasdee Khrup 🙏
