Jump to content

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. Disappointing, but I agree with you completely. I rarely finish a bait and switch book, unless there is something about the switched theme that catches my interests. No often, but sometimes.
  2. Yeah, Bucket and I get some peace here when Clo, Albert and Drew are warring. However I always have to play catch up for a while every time I log on. Bucket and I are near the same time, but in different seasons. He's going to start complaining about the cold, and I'll complain about the heat. Actually, we've both started complaining. I do love the Odd Squad. 😜
  3. Good to hear. At least the rainy days for you will end soon. Rainy season starts this month and lasts until the end of August if we are lucky.
  4. Hi Spike Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 I was lurking a little before I checked in. Liked your comments. Hope you stick around, or at least visit more often.
  5. Good night Albert! Sweet dreams.
  6. Not all of us can be god emperors, so we take whatever we can get. As one famous GE said, "Deal with it!"
  7. Good day Page Got any new Max stories for us? BTW Max has good tastes in food. 😄
  8. Hi Gary! Sawasdee Khrup! 🙏 How are things on your side of the planet?
  9. Good Morning/Evening All Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 Hope you all had a great weekend. I've already started Monday, but don't rush to catch up. So far it's nothing special. Hi Spike, I'm the newbie here. Terry
  10. raven1

    Week One

    I do look forward to more, if you get the chance to finish these as you mentioned.
  11. Are you hinting I should go to bed? This is the type of music I like to listen to when going to sleep. At least you are more subtle that Texy who just yells at me to go to bed.
  12. So you could visit them and let us know how they are doing!
  13. raven1

    Chapter 2 - #8-14

    I too offer my condolences for the loss of loved ones. Your poems are lovely and thoughtful. I did enjoy the humour of A Melting Pot of Metaphors.
  14. raven1

    Week One

    Just to let you know, I came back to reread these poems. Wow, just so beautiful.
  15. These lovely poems are in response to prompts, but are imaginative, inventive and wonderfully written no matter the style of the poem. They will cause you to reflect, contemplate and remember as they engage you in multiple unique explorations of our world and ourselves. Do yourself a favor and read these compelling poems.
      • 2
      • Love
  16. raven1

    Chapter 5 Week 4

    A great wrap up for the series. I wish... was so much like a parable with many lessons to be learned about the inflexibility of time, regrets, living in the past, hope and the flexibility of our futures. The shoes made me sad at a metaphor for discarding old memories. I had to laugh at the field trip though. As a teacher I alway wanted to know how my students viewed a field trip like this to the forest. I grew up in the country and my students were all city kids. Thanks for all the wonderful poems.
  17. raven1

    Chapter 1

    A very cute poem that brought back memories of my little brother and me going to Dairy Queen. The nice things about poems like this are the memories they evoke.
  18. raven1

    Chapter 4 Week 3

    All is great with these great poems. I had a great deal of laughs and amusement with the limerick. Ciao Liese was beautiful and my personal favourite. I did love the garden poem, since it hit home with me. Especially the line about using the wind to remove cat hair.
  19. raven1

    Week 2

    The poem of war was a brilliant piece though disturbing to read. Today's world wide society is imprisoned to varying degrees by any war. I was glad that it was followed by two lovely light poems. May was very good, but the Wind was beyond lovely. It is my favourite of this group.
  20. raven1

    Week 1

    Loved them all. I'm with dughlas about the pups. Our furry friends are just the best. I have the same hope as you, that our friends are chasing squirrels and each other.
  21. Hey Albert! Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 How are you and Steve today?
  22. Hi Gary! Hope your Saturday went well. Just so you know, I wasn't joking about shifter stories. I have gone thru several series in the last few months. 😄
  23. Hi Page Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 How did the day go for you and your boys?
  24. That's the one! I liked the whole series. I didn't like shifter stories until Malaise, so I blame it on Gary.
×
×
  • Create New...