-
Posts
29,522 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Mikiesboy
-
She's not bored from what she's told me. It's nice you noticed she wasn't around.
-
She's out of town at a conference. They likely frown on people yanking out their phones to comment on stories. LOL.
- 60 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Later that night, Purple Gloves and Goulet shoved Matt into a small wooden boat. A portable lantern sat in the bow of the little craft. Purple Gloves rowed, and the oar locks squealed and rattled badly in their mounts. The choppy ocean slapped the vessel, and the currents tried to pull it off course. The oarsman was a wiley sailor and easily corrected their position. The bottom boards where Matt was sitting prevented him from getting wet. Below the boards, water slowly seeped into the lit
- 60 comments
-
- 46
-
-
-
-
-
With Pride: The Unwelcome Bigots at the Parade
Mikiesboy commented on Drew Payne's blog entry in Words, Words and Words
Michael, my husband, is English from the East Midlands. He follows the news from back home. He's told me about those Just stop oil morons. I was happy to hear lots of them are off to jail. Not for Pride, I'm sure, but at least they are not being put up with. Idiots. Yeah, those Christians. It would be nice if they could be removed. I don't think they can be reasoned with; they must be banned. Is there any way London Pride can have them banned? It's hate speech, after all; surely that is illegal. -
I'm glad you're enjoying your lazy day off! Oh, this older stuff makes me cringe now, but I refuse to remove or rewrite it. It's my history, so it stays. Oh, yes, the ad. LOL, Mr. Black could have written that. Maybe this was his training for his future as a human trafficker.
-
The Drop in Centre
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's Tuesday. For me, it's Eye doctor's day and something else, I'm sure. Whatever you've got on, have a good one! -
With Pride: The Unwelcome Bigots at the Parade
Mikiesboy commented on Drew Payne's blog entry in Words, Words and Words
That isn't good. We don't go to Pride because of the protests.. first BLM shut down a parade a few years ago for many reasons, including the fact that Gay police officers were present. My Husband was still a police officer then. He was unhappy that Toronto Pride agreed with BLM and Gay Police would not be allowed to be in the parade. He won't go back. This year, the parade started, and it too was shut down by some group called the Coalition Against Pinkwashing. They want Toronto Pride to cut ties with companies they think have ties in Gaza. And they don't want the Toronto police there. Like Toronto Pride can do any of that. It's unbelievable. Police have the power to remove these people, but Toronto Pride chose not to ask for that. I wish all these protesters would buzz off. The Christians at yours aren't very Christian, are they? If they think Gay people are misled, wrong, confused, influenced by Satan, etc.. wouldn't the proper thing be to offer their services? Reach out to 'help' rather than judge and condemn. Perhaps they have forgotten their own scripture: Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7 1-2 So prepare, judgemental Christians...God is watching you too. I hope things get better! -
The Drop in Centre
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
As chris has rightly pointed out, it is Monday and we should be happy about that. I agree! In addition, it is World Brain Day as someone who needs some help from their meds to right their brain; looking after your brain is a good idea. I found this today about the theme of Brain Day 2024: This day serves as a reminder of the critical importance of brain health and the need to take proactive steps to prevent and manage neurological conditions. The theme for World Brain Day 2024 is 'Brain Health and Prevention.' Also, some motivation...i need some.. -
The Drop in Centre
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I didn't, but I know stuff needs doing. I have the luxury of time, so I can spread it out over a few days. Though things like an eye appointment on Tuesday appear as giant mountains, I have to climb rather than what they are. It's very weird. Anyway, still have a Happy Sunday. -
The Drop in Centre
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
-
The Drop in Centre
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thank you, Reader! I'm happy you enjoyed it! -
Hi Al Norris. You're right. Ahmet was a trusted servant. Matt was just a plaything. I mentioned enough in the story for people to realize who Kanaan was and what Matt was facing. More detail was unnecessary and gratuitous. Matt's future is a blank wall at the moment. Let's see what happens next. Thank you for your thoughtful comments, as always.
-
Thanks.. some answers and more questions. Thank you for your support. We'll have to see if they find out about each other.. or if they never hear anything. Thanks again xoxxox
-
I just said the same thing about Ahmet above. Great minds! Matt has little choice but to deal with now. And yes, in those moments, there was only food. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Brilliant.
-
Maybe Ahmet was more of a prisoner than we know. Just a thought. Regarding Robert, he has no inkling of who Matt is or his actual circumstances, so it's too soon to speculate what he might think. Thank you for your additional thoughts!
-
I love how you all bring these characters alive outside the chapters you have read. It's brilliant, and all an author can hope for! You're right about Robert and Doreen...helping Andy with Matt is probably enough. But there are ten more chapters to go. 😇
-
Thank you, drsawzall. Human mothers aren't much different from mother tigers or other animals in terms of protecting their young. Don't piss them off, and don't get in their way. Human feeling lasts a lifetime however... And we can empathize with others who have lost their child. Ransom is an interesting option I hadn't thought of. I suppose you might be able to spin that. It's a good idea. Regarding your other thought, yes, there's a good chance of them talking and dreaming together.
- 42 comments
-
- 10
-
-
I think you're right. The last time was probably when Tomas and Ralf put Matt on the boat. That was on shore, but it was night. Robert and Doreen are wonderful people. They are not perfect, but they are close. Thanks for coming back to share more of your thoughts.
-
Many thanks, Flip-Flop. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and the character's introspection. I appreciate your insightful comments.
-
Thank you for reading it. Matt's life will soon change. How is the question, and what will happen when it does? I'm so happy to see you again.
-
Many thanks, Parker. I'm readying the next as soon as I finish here! I appreciate you reading.
-
Thank you, Gary L! ❣️ I'm glad you enjoyed it.
-
Would a shipwreck be a good thing? Mmmm, I'd say there is likely at least one lifeboat. Kanaan is an odd character. He lives a double life and seems devoted to his children, sort of. Because of his wives, he's likely bisexual, though he's typically chauvinistic. It doesn't mean he wants to kill them. On his ship, he can be the dominant sadist is his. But after he caned Matt, he does tell Ahmet to care for him so Matt's pain is reduced. He does threaten, but I think if he wanted Ahmet dead, Ahmet would have been killed. Thank you for your comments, Michael.
-
Your comments are spot on. Matt has much more coming, and ten more chapters remain! Thanks very much for reading and your comments; I love them.
-
If I have to say something, I'd say it was the cold-blooded option with a drop of mercy. I like suggestions, though!
