5,000 years ago, Ancient Egyptians would treat infected wounds by applying a poultice of moldy bread. Nobody knew why, until 1927, when Alexander Fleming made the association between moldy bread and Penicillium, the type of mold from which modern penicillin is derived.
Hey, Bertie!
Hey, Terry!
Hey, Gary.
Hey, Drew! You know we'd never let that happen.
*siiiigh* Well, Spring may be here, but there's still a bit of chill in the air. Today's weather is 38 F/3.3 C with light rain. Fortunately, the basement area is big enough to host a moderate gathering, with enough space for the kids to play some games indoors.
This! Cereal might be processed, but I think it's still healthier than a frozen TV dinner heated in a microwave. @Drew Espinosa You should eat better, sweetie.
Oh, that reminds me; I'll need to replace my phone by the end of this year. I've had the same old flip phone for nearly 15 years, and it will be rendered non-operational when Verizon upgrades its network.
Max has taken to calling it my "vintage paperweight".
Recently, a friend of my dad got a house call from the DNR. One of his neighbors reported him for "deer baiting". It was only a pile of sunflower seeds scattered around a bird feeder by the blue jays.
Do they also have a rooster? I think running a leaf blower once a week is small potatoes compared to an animal that shrieks its head off dozens of times a day AND at night!
Fine, go ahead. I was going to share some simple recipes with you, but now you can enjoy your frozen "chicken" or rubbery steak with powdered mashed potatoes until Mama Espinosa returns.