Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Dhpiet77

Members
  • Posts

    155
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dhpiet77

  1. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 2

    Sorry about my non-existent comment. I just wanted to note that I was surprised at how unfactual AI is in writing prose.
  2. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 2

  3. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 2

    The geography involved in describing the trail drive is absurd. First of all, there weren’t roads to follow in going from Abeline, KS to the Big Horn area of Wyoming, rather they would be moving over open range following trails at best. Secondly, the route would stay in open range miles and miles east of the foothills in Colorado. A drive through the foothills would take much, much longer than one going through the high plains, and a good portion of the herd wouldn’t even make it through that terrain. It’s doubtful that aspen trees would be anywhere near a cattle drive trail in the plains. I live on the edge of the Front Range foothills and know firsthand that it’s just not trail country. Ranching up there at the time was for local use only until some railroads made livestock transport practical some tears after the mid-1870s.
  4. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 1

    Were batteries involved in generating sparks when their stirrups touched?
  5. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 20

    Once again, thanks for another great chapter .
  6. Dhpiet77

    Encrypted

    I think that Eleanore might come around after he saves her ass.
  7. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 15

    This new chapter is one of the best Christmas gifts this year. And yes, it was on my wish list. Thank you, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, May the Force be with you, and so on.
  8. I think that the sub-title for this chapter could be “Zen and the Art of Door Repair”. Great chapter full of grace and hope.
  9. I don’t know why, but my mind visualized a golden haired, young Dolly Parton as I read the scene with Daisy and Blake. Another great chapter.
  10. Dhpiet77

    Rapprochement

    85%
  11. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 14

    Thanks for the new chapter. Kind of like Alex’s view of reality, so many possibilities are opening up for everyone in this tale.
  12. Jeremy may have one this time, but he sure did burn bridges that he might wish he hadn’t burned in the future. Will, on the other hand, is showing emotional growth. Beyond future actions against the idiot director, I hope he’ll be able to pull sufficient help together for Travis before it’s too late.
  13. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 16

    Thanks for another great chapter to a wonderful story.
  14. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 13

    I recently had a craving for more of this story, so I started reading your original version on another site. It didn’t take long to notice the vast improvements of the new version over the first version in just about every aspect of your writing and storytelling, so I decided to stick with the current version. It’s one of my favorite sagas on GA, period. Thanks for giving us this new version. I look forward to each and every upcoming chapter.
  15. Dhpiet77

    Hello Strangers

    I think the correct word is unpleasantries and it's a real word. I think unpleasantnesses is a great word for a young teenager to use in this case, real or not.
  16. I loved this story, full of hardship and full of heart, full of action with hardly a time to catch a breath between events. Well crafted characters and pacing and storyline, too. A Part 2 might be a ray of sunshine in 2025.
  17. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 50 S2

    I'm hoping that it’s their old Navajo friend, the shaman.
  18. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 12

    I’m glad you're back and hopefully doing better. This good chapter was like an early present.
  19. Dhpiet77

    Tesla

    I remember riding in those back in the day. Ranchers and families that were play ranchers/farmers had them. Hunters, too. Creature comforts were minimal and climbing into the back seat was inconvenient. They did handle the caliche and dirt roads pretty well, and did okay at the beach. One of my friends drove his family’s old International Harvester SUV in our high school and college days.
  20. Dhpiet77

    Tesla

    Thanks for the chapter. Reading made this week a little better.
  21. Dhpiet77

    Re-Organizing

    Justin, I, too, have been missing your storytelling. More importantly, I hope that you are doing well. Your storytelling has been a gift to your readers, and I hope that you know our appreciation of it and your willingness to share it with us are mean a lot. To borrow Ringo Starr’s frequently used quote, I wish ‘peace and love’ to you right now.
  22. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 9

    Another great chapter, albeit a bit more action packed than some of the others. When I was through reading it, I felt a bit shocked, but not surprised. We see Greg’s character (in both senses of the word) continue to develop without changing. The Fates done good.
  23. Dhpiet77

    Chapter 6

    I seem to remember that Greg assumed a personal multi-billion dollar fortune. I think he can afford the renovation and then some without feeling it at all. But I could be wrong.
  24. I enjoyed this chapter a lot. Some how, I thinking that it could be Brendan and Jack.
  25. Dhpiet77

    Fisticuffs

    Will could really piss Jays off by calling him Dub for Double J.
×
×
  • Create New...