Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    Very perceptive and very true.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    It would seem so, but then this is Texas in the 80s.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 7

    He very probably did, but there are licks and then there are LICKS
  4. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    That should indeed be the case.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 5

    It sounds as if you are speaking from personal experience.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 4

    Sadly I have no difficulty believing that. At that time in some places such a culture existed.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 3

    He's definitely a bully, but to a kid he holds the power.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Pleased to know it is fitting with your recollections.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Thanks for the comment. It's great to know that I kept you hooked that. How are the cows btw?
  10. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Always pleased when somebody recommends a story of mine. Hope it lives up to expectations.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    What nice compliments @Summerabbacat - thank you. I like to think that my stories of this type rarely go beyond the bounds of the possible in terms of what takes place. As for my 'back catalogue' I see @chris191070 has already given you his recommendation - thanks Chris! I was going to suggest 'Unbeaten' but that is a much longer story,
  12. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    I guess you could say Wayne went on a sort of 'spirit quest'. He's always felt more Comanche than white, partly because of the influence of his grandparents on his life, but he needed to spend time with his ancestors before moving away. I'm sure that while he was there he realized it was the right place for him to give himself to Ethan, which is why he went and fetched him.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Thanks CG. Glad you liked. I suppose something else may be possible, but don't hold your breath waiting. I just hope you canfind your muse again.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Coming from you, who I consider to be an expert at introducing twists and turns, I much appreciate the comment. Hey, not all my characters are likable tho!
  15. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    I have to agree with you @Clancy59 that it completed the story. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed reading it and while sharing your views about the 'educators', have to say it wouldn't have been much of a story without them.😁
  16. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    And thanks again to you. Your comments along the way were always insightful.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Am glad you enjoyed the story @FlyOnTheWall, but in mentioning Jay and Miles you are giving me credit for a story that I didn't write! That belongs to @ColumbusGuy Anyway, am pleased to hear you are going to start your next book. Look forward to reading it in due course.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    I don't think parole was ever going to be an option for Wayne's father and, as you say, probably a good thing he didn't get it. Although he is a half breed, Wayne has always felt more Comanche than white. I think he wanted to spend time in their spiritual home and then bring Ethan there to make love on that land for the first time, before moving away. Yes, a difficult childhood, especially for WQayne, is behind them and they can build a future together in California. Thanks for all your comments @travlbug
  19. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Appreciate your cooments. As I said earlier, I felt this was the right place to end the story.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Thank you for reading and commenting. It does appear to have appealed to quite a few people.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 5

    I suspect 'for now' are the operative words, Gary. Cheers.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    Agreed. Considering any case would have been heard by an elected local judge and a verdict delivered by a local jury, I think it was wise to try and avoid the legal route.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    A much appreciated comment @Philippe. I'm glad that I was able to involve you with the characters to such an extent.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    Agreed. It is a matter of time and place.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    It's a big campus, but who knows? 🙂 Thanks for staying with it and your comments along the journey. Those make it worthwhile.
×
×
  • Create New...