Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Very glad to hear you enjoyed it - thank you for saying so. Delighted to hear you could put yourself into the story line. I'd say it was a story about two young boys who turned into two young adults. Adversity brought them together, but they overcame that and found love as a result.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Thanks. Appreciate your comment.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Very pleased to hear that. I hope the muse doesn't desert me and therewill be more to add to my total.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    It seemed the logical point at which to end the story. I just haven't got round yet to changing th status. Glad you enjoyed.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Indeed they do. tanks for all your comments @chris191070
  6. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 12

    Glad to hear it - thanks.
  7. It was a bright moonlit night. I was standing at my bedroom window looking up into the thousands of stars I could see while knowing there were millions more beyond them that existed, but were not visible to me. It had occurred to me earlier that perhaps that was where Wayne had gone – gone to find that box into which he'd somehow managed to place his troubled past and send out into the heavens. He'd talked of doing that to them once, over three years ago now on the night my father had mana
  8. Craig is goingto have a lot of thinking to do after this weekend. The fact he didn't answer his phone is a possible first step.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Thanks for reading it Parker, and the comment.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    I did wonder if the Moth managed to escap through holes in your plot, but quickly discounted that because I can never find any.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    I agree with you about Jerry's father, but don't see the miracle happening somehow.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Thanks for the comment Gary. It was written and posted before I read that sad news. I hope he would have been pleased at how I used the Prompt.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    Indeed it is - they don't want their secrets exposed. Shouldn't be too long to wait.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Thanks for the comment Schubert 🙂
  15. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    Afraid there isn't anything that can be done about Wayne's father or those who put him there. At least the deviants at school have been denied their fun going forward.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    You could well think, as Mr Berenson did, that some members of the school board were looking to find a quick solution to the problem they were presented with. Some fathers do value athletic achievements much higher than academic ones. Perhaps because they were 'jocks' themselves.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    As you say, it is sad but does have to be done on occasions. Hmm... I wonder what i've started with that word.🙂
  18. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    Glad you enjoyed @weinerdog. Just be careful where you use it in case someone knows what it means!
  19. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 11

    Thanks, Chris. It sure seems that things worked out alright for the pair without them have to go through the potential ordeal of a public trial.
  20. Family after dinner meetings seemed to have become an almost daily occurrence. On this occasion though I was glad that Dad apparently had something to tell us so quickly. I'd thought it might be a few days before he got to talk to his attorney and found out anything. Once we'd got settled Dad explained that his attorney, Richard Blake, was an old friend who he had met in college when they'd shared a room. I resisted the urge to smile when he said that, but I did feel Wayne squeeze my hand.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Glad you liked it @weinerdog The prompts just sparked something different. You could be right about that story - who knows, I may even pinch the idea from George myself! 😀 Thanks for the comment @drsawzall
  22. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    Thanks @chris191070. Glad you liked it.
  23. My take on Prompt # 892 - The Rover's Return The Rover's Return - Fiction - Gay Authors
  24. Ivor Slipper

    TRR

    The Rover's Return George walked in the spare bedroom thinking as he did so that it was odd he should still think of it in those terms. Once it had indeed been the unused bedroom they had kept for visitors, but nobody came these days. Indeed, what had been the used bedroom, not counting the one he slept in, was unused these days. His son, Brian, had long since left home, married and then emigrated to Australia where he now lived on the Gold Coast near Brisbane with his t
  25. Prompt 892 - Creative Tag - List of Words Use the following words in a story - a storm, a broken fence, a scared dog, a flash light, and an old typewriter.
×
×
  • Create New...