Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 7

    Yep, it seems they were going to be made to suffer one way or the other. I'm not sure much notice would be taken of any intervention from Wayne's grandparents bearing in mind they are Comanche.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 7

    Yes, in these circumstances most are afraid to speak up or even be associated with the outcasts for fear of being outcast themselves. Jackson could well be in trouble it seems.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 7

    I'd think the fact that Derrin was wearing jeans that day indicated he was expectingto be paddled. Of course the strength with which it was wielded is another matter. Yes, Jackson does appear to be ignoring the rule book.
  4. Mr Reynolds escorted the three of us to Mr. Jackson's office, knocked on the door and without waiting for an answer, walked in telling the three of us to stay where we were. I was scared and trying hard not to show it; Wayne was showing no emotion, but I was sure there was a trace of a smile on Mather's face when I glanced at him. I was probably wrong as when he saw me looking at him he just sneered, “Think you're better than us don't you Berenson with your Californian airs. You'll wish you neve
  5. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    I won't say there is always a bad apple in the barrel, but on the occasions there is, actions needs to be taken to remove it before the rot spreads.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    I'm afraid it does happen. Apologies if the story is stirring up bad memories for you.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    There does appear to be some sort of vendetta taking place against our boys. The checks on such behavior that one would expect from above, appear to be missing.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    One does remember the good teachers rather than the bad ones. Luckily I never encountered any abusive ones. Ethan and his parents may just have arrived in time to save Wayne from being pushed into doing something stupid.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 5

    Very true, but sadly it does happen.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    They could try, but they don't appear to have a single independent witness as to what actually happened. Even if Wayne did see everything, he is unlikely to be believed.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    Some excellent points @travlbug As for the prison visit, lets hope the pleasure of seeing his father again after all this time will outweigh the negative thoughts about the location Grandma's are usually very knowledgable.😇
  12. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    It would indeed seem the football and swim teams have been given licence with regard to Wayne & Ethan. To what extent, if any, Jackson and/or Reynolds may be involved is currently unknown. Ethan & Wayne have legitimately been caught breaking the rules, Assuming a paddling is a specified consequence it is hard to see how Ethan's parents can raise the roof if that happens.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 4

    I think it is hardly surprising that the attitude at the top filters down to school level. The best hope for Wayne's father is almost certainy parole. However, bearing in mind who he is, even that seems improbable. I'm sure Ethan won't mind using his hands, but definitely hopes it won't be necessary to soothe the pain of bruising.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    I think you have Jackson figured @weinerdog 😀 And yes, she may well be seeing into the future.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    I'm sure there will be some interesting happenings as time goes by.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 6

    Indeed it was @chris191070 You'll have to wait until the next chapter to see if your suspicions are correct. 🙂
  17. Mom was surprised to see us when we walked into the house at our normal time. “I thought you two were going to the swim trials after school today?” “We were,” I answered, “but something occurred to change our minds.” “Uh oh, do we need another family conference tonight?” “I can tell you now, but maybe it'd be best if we told both of you over dinner.” “Alright, I can wait. There used to be a time though when you told your mom everything.” She was smiling as she said
  18. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 4

    I'm waiting for the Mekon to take over the earth, but am hopeful Dan Dare will prevent that. 😀
  19. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 5

    True, but it is the proving it that is the problem, especially if you are someone like Wayne.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 3

    Small price perhaps if he'd only been paddled a couple of times, but not on an almost daily basis I'd say. Maybe though Wayne may think differently in time. Somehow I don't see Ethan volunteering for that role. As for Mr Jackson, time will tell...
  21. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Okay. I just wasn't sure to which sentence of Geron's comment you were referring.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Both of those would rate as 'cruel and unusual' in my book. Glad you avoided a personal experience of either. If you've not already discovered, this story is not set in current times.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Not quite sure how to interpret that comment!
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 12

    I suppose you can have too much of a good thing...
  25. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 5

    Hey, was that another rant? @ColumbusGuy😀😀 I don't mind at all though as I think it's good the story can stir some emotions.
×
×
  • Create New...