-
Posts
4,683 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Ivor Slipper
-
That's definitely another story! Glad to hear you want to read more.
-
Thanks for confirming my beliefs. The USA may be one country, but in some ways it can be 50 different ones. 🙂
-
Appreciate the comment. @travlbug has kindly answered for me the first point you raised. I am sure though youare correct on the second one.
-
Ethan knows the coach has referred to Wayne as 'the breed', so I'd say it's fairly obvious he's in the a-hole category. Especially as he's also agreed to let the team captain carry out his initiation scheme. I think if they went to the trials they'd be in a 'no win' situation.
-
Ethan's stated the obvious and probably wasted his breath, but wanted to let someone know how he sees the school.
-
A lot of interesting points @travlbug. I'll do my best to answer them. Firstly, the story isn't set in current time. There isn't a specific date, but to my mind it is in the mid/late 80s to early 90s. The Texas law on cp may well have been different then. People I have talked to who were kids in Texas then believe cp was not subject to such requirements. Indeed, I have heard that almost the opposite applied where after being paddled a kid would be given a note to take home to be signed by his parents. In some cases this would result in the kid being beaten again! It would seem that Wayne's mother has virtually abandoned him to his own devices since her husband went to jail. Her own survival is her only real concern. In that situation I'm sure she doesn't even know Wayne has ever been paddled at school - he certaibly wouldn't tell her. I take your point about the swim team initiation. It could be though that something similar is generally known to be a requirement for admission and thus there are very few wanting to join...
-
Sure looks that way. But, as you say, Ethan's parents are now aware of what is happening to them at school.
-
Watch this space Gary
-
It was strange how the time when we were cycling home after school had become a time for significant conversations between us. However, there wasn't any real opportunity to talk at school, especially now our lunch break was no longer solitary. It did give us a chance to talk about things without the possibility of being overheard, or indeed giving my parents the idea that we were keeping secrets from them. “Ethan, I think you need to tell your father about the conversation Willy overheard.”
- 27 comments
-
- 65
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'll try not to let you down. Maybe what happened to the Native Americans in the US was only to be expected considering what happened to the Aztecs & Incas in South America. the Aborigines in Australia etc. etc. One would hope things have changed in more enlightened times.
-
It has been my pleasure. Rarely have my comments been more deserved. And one final thought on Toto and Michele's pendants. Swifts fly away each year from the place they were born, but they always return there for as long as they are able.
- 30 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
My guess as to where Dani had gone was right, but I can't prove that. 🙂 I had to wait a little while to type this comment as my palms were so sweaty from the tension created in this chapter. Was this the cliffhanger to top all cliffhangers? Toto appears to have decided on the next steps in his journey of life and whether it be in Ravello or elsewhere, we can be sure that it wil include Michele. And to cap it all Enzo proves he really does have a heart!
- 30 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
What a scary end to Toto & Michele's first day out of the closet to the world at large. I'm sure Danielle will have gone to one of the places they took him. I suspect I know which, but I ain't telling! 😀
- 21 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
But that would have taken the drama out of the story!
-
Thanks - appreciate the comment and glad you're loving the story. Jackson certainly consider he is safe to keep swinging and would appear to have supporters.
-
What can I say CG? This story does appear to be provoking a rant or two. @Headstall had one a few chapters back, and now you. I guess it is good that I'm managing to stir some emotions though. We'll have to see how things develop for Ethan & Wayne.
-
I suspect it will be impossible for Ethan's parents to do anything with regard to a trial that took place some years ago, especially given what we know about the general attitude in the town to those who are not white - and perhaps also others who do not fit for various reasons. It is going to be hard for Ethan's Dad to decide at what point he should intervene. How much can one parent achieve? Meanwhile there appears to be a small number of kids who are prepared to be friends with Ethan & Wayne. As for them, their relationship is definitely deepening and appears to be accepted by Ethan's parents.
-
I expect time will tell, but if there is a cp culture at the top it is hard for those below to go against it.
-
Thanks for the compliment.
-
I think we can be sure that Jackson knows just how far he can go. He would seem to have plenty of experience. As for his reasons, I doubt we'll ever know, but perhaps his father used to beat him when he was a kid?
-
Yep, friends are very important as Wayne has already discovered and Ethan is in the process of finding out. We know that at least two teachers at the school are enjoying inflicting punishment, but we don't know how many otthers hold similar views.
-
Very good point. The boys have got excited about what they've seen and haven't thought it through. I'm sure Ethan's Dad will set them right.
- 34 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
It quickly became apparent that Wayne was thinking similarly. “My butt is twitching, Ethan. He's going to be looking to find a way to strike back.” “Literally you mean?” He looked at me and grinned. “Yeah, he's looking forward to the next time he's got my ass bent over the table in his office.” “Then we'd better make sure we keep our noses clean. Not give him any opportunity.” “You've never been paddled, have you Ethan?” “Nope, never experienced that delight. It was bann
- 34 comments
-
- 69
-
-
-
-
Totally agree. When walking down a narrow flight of steps, I'd not be at all surprised to see Toto and Michele coming the other way. Or a couple of Vespas flash past me, one with a small boy in a lavender tie-dyed shirt on the pillion.
-
I guess you could put it like that...
