Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Prompt 892 - Creative Tag - List of Words Use the following words in a story - a storm, a broken fence, a scared dog, a flash light, and an old typewriter.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    Another good point. Maybe time for a bit of Texas Holdem!
  3. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    I like thinking out loud.🙂 You'll soon find out what happens.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    @Philippe You've made a number of very interesting and constructive comments in both your posts - thanks for those.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    I love the cartoon too - very appropriate. Yes, it's a tricky situation.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    Producing the evidence and shielding those involved in obtaining it, will indeed be tricky. I think Ethan has realized that but he's not sure if Wayne reciprocates.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    Nice idea to replace the camera @weinerdog, but the boys didn't know until after school the following day that the janitor had got the camera for them, by which time it would be reasonable to presume that Jackson would have noticed it was missing. Could have worked though if they'd known what sort of camera it was in advance. Going to the media sounds a good idea as well, but I think they might have to take it somewhere other than the local outlets.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 10

    Thanks, Chris. Hopefully the next chapter will answer those questions.
  9. During the following week Wayne told me that he had spoken to the janitor. On his first approach the man had simply told him that he would have to consider what Wayne wanted him to do and suggested they speak again in a couple of days time. When Wayne saw him again he had still been reluctant to take the camera, pointing out that it was theft and if he was caught not only would he lose his job, but also go to prison. Wayne had then told him he'd asked him to get the camera because it was being u
  10. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    That is possible, but let's hope it is not a hurricane.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    Have to agree, the camera on its own isn't going to prove anything and being caught in possession of it would present major problems. As they've not seen each other for years I doubt Wayne's father had any idea of his son's sexuality before now. Perhaps though having seen Wayne with Ethan he now suspects, although what he said to Wayne can be read in more than one way.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    LOL. Wouldn't be surprised if the electric chair still existed in Texas in Texas then. And we sure ain't in Kentucky!🙂
  13. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 4

    Appreciate the encouraging comment.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    You make a good point there @weinerdog
  15. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    I think kids of around their age are probably reluctant to trust their parents to do the right thing and perhaps believe they can do better on their own. Yes, Ethan's father is trying to look out for Wayne. He can see in him a lot of the same attribute as Ethan can. As for the message from his father, I'm sure Wayne will work out what it means in time.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    Hopefully so.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    Thanks Chris. They're working on it for sure.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 9

    Love the gif @drsawzall! It takes time for plans to be formulated and put into action. Let's hope it isn't a case of 'best laid plans often go awry'.
  19. “What!” I exclaimed. “What the fuck!” I heard Wayne almost shout. “Quiet down!” Willy said loudly in response. “I don't want my mom to hear and come down here. She's already a bit puzzled that I brought you two home as she hardly knows you.” “Sorry, Willy, but that was one heck of a shock. Are you certain about this Jerry?” He shrugged, “As sure as I can be from what I heard, but I can't prove it.” I took a deep breath. “Alright, let's assume it's true. How could Jackson get
  20. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    Chapter 9 is in the cosmetic shop having its nails polished and a facial prior to release, probably tomorrow.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    My hope was in setting this story back in time, some of the happenings described were feasible while at the same time memories would be blurred enough not to make any errors on facts obvious to readers.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    It's playing, that's for sure! I suspect that in Texas terms, there'll be a round up in due course.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    I wasn't knocking the suggestion as such. I know myself it is good when readers are involved enough in a story to make comments. But as you said in an earlier reply - 'there are too many now to keep track of'. If you've got that problem I imagine a lot of your readers also have it.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    It would have simplified matters has Mr Berenson taken a tape recorder with him. It's not really surprising Wayne's father didn't recognise him. The boy would have changed a lot in three years. Jerry has a real problem about saying anything officially because of his brother's involvement. He is already worried about what he has told Ethan & Wayne. Perhaps with his brother being the athletic one and him the nerd, his father's affections may lie with the older brother? Thanks for the comments @travlbug
  25. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 8

    There isn't a specific date to the story, but in my mind it is set in the mid to late 80s, definitely not the 60s. By that time the tech we now have was just beginning to appear. It is though before the era of cell phones and I did say earlier that the internet was just starting. I hope some of the other points you raise will be answered as the story develops.
×
×
  • Create New...