Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,735
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. That appears to be a bug because the author logo shouldn't be there. I've removed it and sent a note to the programmer to update the code.
  2. Happy Birthday!
  3. @Timothy M. First, I separated this from the other topic as Author list has nothing to do with Signatures. Please keep each question in this forum to a single topic, per the instructions posted at the top of the forum. The images in that list are hosted off from Amazon Web Services, so it is possible that they aren't loading properly for you at some point. They work fine here right now. Are you still seeing the issue?
  4. The "Filter" section now has Status in it. so you can now quickly sort for completed: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/?sortby=story_last_update&filter=status_1
  5. Myr

    Help PLease

    Go to Help on the menu on the top if every page. https://www.gayauthors.org/help.html/ See the sections Authors and Stories System The video will help after you change your account to author. Make sure you read the posting rules.
  6. With the background knowledge that I have owned every game Bioware has released in the last 20 years from Baldur's Gate (twice in fact, I bought the enhanced edition re-release) to now... I was fully expecting and looking forward to Bioware's new game. Bioware is known for the high quality stories (the rush job on Mass Effect being the only recent bad blip in recent memory) but there was no story evident in the trailer for Anthem. I hope this is just trailer emphasis and not the actual total lack of story. This game reminds me WAY too much of Destiny and The Division. Two decent games I own... but never ever play. I like playing a variety of games but some of these games require fanatic dedication to be any good in order to enjoy the MMO-crap they attach to the games. That said, Bioware has Star Wars The Old Republic which is the only MMO I could ever tolerate because you can basically play completely on your own with great story and not worry too much about the MMO crap. Anthem... I'm being cautious on. The graphics look outstanding and the flying mech suits look like great fun.... but...
  7. Ok. I was not expecting my favorite trailer of the 42 games shown at Microsoft's E3 press briefing to be Assassin's Creed... but damn. Talk about Eagle Vision. lol.
  8. Well, I know what I'm getting on launch day! $499 isn't bad either.
  9. The camp from that Batman dwarves the camp around here... RIP Adam West, you definitely made your mark sir. He was a playable character in Lego Batman 3. Lots of funny lines in there from him.
  10. Well, I feel a strange need to replay the first one.
  11. Well, this at least peaks my interest on the fantasy side. The graphics seem a bit rough after watching the Star Wars Battlefront 2 trailer though. lol.
      • 1
      • Like
  12. Again, Holy Crap Batman! The gameplay quality looks like you are playing the movie. And it's in alpha. I watched a stream match from the EA E3 briefing.
  13. There are many variables here. As a general rule, yes, it should work just fine. There are some exceptions: You must be using a computer. Tablets and Phones are not content creation devices and they may or may not work with the editor as intended due to the under-powered, locked-down nature of such devices. It may work just fine. I can paste formatted stuff in on both my phone and my tablet. It also depends on what you are using for word processing AND how you have something like Word configured. If you end up with crazy double spacing, you can clear that up on the Word side by doing a find and replace... find ^p^p and replace with ^p. Even if it looks crazy after a paste into the editor, it might show up fine in the chapter due to our display filtering. Yes... but you should not be changing fonts and font sizes. It's very likely the system will strip it out so that the chapter formatting tools work properly. There are some exceptions: You must be using a computer. Tablets and Phones are not content creation devices and they may or may not work with the editor as intended due to the under-powered, locked-down nature of such devices. It may work just fine. I can paste formatted stuff in on both my phone and my tablet.
  14. The sort seems to now be working. https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/?sortby=story_wordcount&sortdirection=desc&page=1
  15. This should be working, by the way.
  16. Okay. It worked yesterday, but we had another update over night that seems to have broken it. Hopefully it is corrected again soon.
  17. We fixed the advanced search issue Monday per update post in the announcements forum. Are some features not working now?
  18. @Lanie Yes. Just choose "Advanced Search" on the right side menu on the Stories page. https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/sort/ Choose Comments for "Sort" and Uncheck 'any' by tags and then select the tags you want. This will give you the most commented on stories with the tag you seek.
  19. Video on how to add a new story with closed captioning:
  20. Thanks everyone!
  21. Personally, I search for ^p^p and replace with ^p. This is basically required if you see spacing on Word's default setup. If you have tweaked your settings to show spacing on a single carriage return, then you don't need to do this. Best way to check is to turn on the Paragraph symbols, which is that ¶ symbol. if you see ¶¶ between groups of words, you'll get the double spacing problem. The find and replace I mentioned above, ^p^p with ^p, fixes this issue. It is really hard programmatically to accept every possible input type and make it correctly output... the editor does a sort of best case of that. We have further filters on the display part of it to make sure that things look right and that the chapter controls work. (contrast, indent, size, etc)
  22. Usually notifications... but background tabs are updated at different rates based on browsers and other factors. (like battery saving). So you might have cleared the notification in your active window but the background tab is out of synch.
  23. I've added this to the list to at least look into.
  24. Myr

    … And Beyond

    I rewrote. and I'm rewriting again. But work on the site keeps me away from writing these days.
×
×
  • Create New...