Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,330
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. You hope! You may be "injured" before departure and be forced to cancel your flight. Woof.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    As much as I detest Victor it pains me to agree with you @Cane23. If Victor is in love with Will it may explain, although not excuse, some of his unpleasant behaviour, but it is the business of no person other than Victor. And if Victor watches gay porn or has the Grindr app on his phone, so what? The only issue I have with this is that he has on a number of occasions referred to Jonah's sexuality in a negative manner, including calling him a "fucking faggot" in this chapter. I don't agree with outing people, but when they make negative remarks as Victor has, for me that line is blurred. If Victor was a public official and was making such remarks to demonise or vote against the LGBTQI community he would deserve to be outed in my view. The comment Victor made which presented him as the "most human" for me was “Do you know how hard it is to be shaped into something you’re not? I am a product of just that.” His jaw quivers, eyes closed." This appears to me to be an acknowledgment of what c*#ts both of his parents are. Regardless of what the law states, I do not believe Jonah should have acted with such rage against Victor, and as commented by @Flip-Flop what was everyone else doing, just watching Jonah continue to beat him. The senior Kildare's and least two of their children (Calvin and Blair) leave much to be desired regarding their behaviour on more than one occasion. I cannot see how Jonah is not going be sent back to North Carolina given all the recent events he has been involved in. He has brought some of this on himself, but frankly he has not been helped much by Vienna and Nolan, two adults who should have taken a more "active" role in ensuring he was not in danger of being returned.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 18

    It appears the picture Joey's mother painted of his father is accurate. He acknowledged he was a lousy husband and a lousy father. He may have regrets, but the regrets seem to be totally self-centred, all about his loss and nothing about the hurt and harm he caused both Monica and Joey. I think Will's assessment he did not murder Joey is sound though. Not a man it would be easy to like or admire for any reason. "Marry me," he said. I blinked, staring up at him in shock. "What?" "Let’s get married." I sat up too, heart racing. "Are you... You're serious, aren't you?" "Completely," he said without hesitation. "I was going to wait until Christmas, get a ring, make it all perfect, but I can’t wait. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Will. I want to grow old with you." You have got be kidding Aidan. I thought Aidan was the sane one, it appears this has been a masterfully created and acted deceit on his part. He is clearly deranged, even more deranged than Will who responded with a 'yes'. WTF. And this occurred after Will had finally realised that perhaps Caitlin is not all she claims to be, particularly regarding Joey's alleged baby she is carrying, and Aidan gave him excellent advice to contact Ilana to discuss Caitlin's demand for money. She is looking more and more like a scammer. Her reaction to Will and Aidan's coupling was also interesting, I am almost certain it is she who "leaked" the false information to the press that she is Will's fiancee. "Don't listen to him," Nikki interjected. "He's just being modest. I had to restrain myself from tasting everything, it smells so good, and it's not even vegetarian. I'm going to send Sam to him for cooking lessons." Another reason for me to like Nikki, although I have to say as a vegetarian of many years the smell of a pork tenderloin would be enough to make me dry retch, especially when combined with Brussels sprouts, the most disgusting vegetable I have ever eaten. An action-packed chapter @Josh Aterovis, filled with some "extreme" behaviour, from Laura's nasty comment about Will's suicide attempt failures (Will was way too forgiving of her), to Aidan's marriage proposal and Will's acceptance, to Caitlin's demand for money. The Pemberton Predator remains at large. Not even Tavares know who the murderer is yet. Check out their threads and highly choreographed dance moves. They had some great songs, but I don't think this was one of them.
  4. Alannah Currie was almost an Aussie @Mark Ponyboy Peters and @weinerdog as she was born in NZ. I did not realise until just now that she and her fellow Thompson Twin, Tom Bailey, were married from 1991-2004. I knew they were a couple post-Thompson Twins and that they co-wrote the fabulous I Want That Man with Deborah Harry, but did not know they formally married.
  5. He is a spotty little old git.
  6. Track 6 Side A from their third album titled ABBA. Initially released in 1974 by Swedish duo Svenne & Lotta and then by ABBA in 1975. Written by Benny, Bjorn and Stig Anderson. The album was massively successful in Australia and featured 4 singles, 3 of which went to #1 and a #4 single. I remember my mother bought the album around Christmas 1975 when Mamma Mia was #1 on the Aussie pop charts (it had replaced I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do at #1 after 3 weeks). It was subsequently replaced at #1 by SOS after 10 weeks at the top. Halcyon days @Tris.The album ABBA was the 3rd biggest seller in Australia in 1976, behind A Night On The Town by Rod Stewart at #2 and The Best Of ABBA at #1 (which was the 1st album in Australia to ever sell more than 1 million copies, when our population was about 13 million).
  7. I rather enjoyed this chapter @Robert Hugill. Denise and Brian's discussion aside, it was interesting to learn Jasper's brother has been charged with additional offences. I wonder if those offences are the same as those with which Jasper was also charged. Their mother can hardly blame Deirdre for Jasper's brother's woes. Perhaps she should look at her own influence on her sons before pointing the finger of blame at Deirdre.
  8. When Brian and Denise were having their discussion I kept thinking of the old adage 'a man marries a woman who is like his mother'. Dare I say @Gary L, one of the reasons Denise and Deirdre may have clashed when Brian and Deirdre were a couple was that they are so much alike. Initially Denise was a bit of a harridan, but she redeemed herself with her broadminded attitude towards Brian and Gordon's relationship with Russ, and her rather sensible suggestion about a future home for Brian, Gordon and Toby. Perhaps Lilibet's reputation precedes her. @Robert Hugill maybe terrified she will board the next British Airways flight to London, track him down and take a large chunk out of him, after all don't dachshund's have a phenomenal sense of smell?
  9. I forgot that our "honorary" Aussies wrote a great song about a boomerang @weinerdog. You may not be familiar with it. It is one I am sure @Tris will love.
  10. He has grown into a fine looking specimen @Paladin. I have seen a lot of articles about his sister on the internet but not so much about him. I probably remember her more because of her "unique" given name.
  11. "Thank you,’ he whispered into the cool morning air. ‘For what?’ I chuckled. ‘For understanding,’ he quietly replied. ‘I just want you to be happy.’ I whispered, as I cuddled him yet closer to me. We lay there for a few moments more, content for both of us to just catch our breath, then presently I asked, ‘Do you feel like a shower?’ ‘In a little while perhaps. Let’s just hold each other for now.’ ‘Whatever you want,’ I replied, while placing an arm around his shoulders and hugging him tight." This is what Aaron appears to need more than anything right now @centexhairysub.
  12. If I recall correctly @centexhairysub Aaron was insecure when Luke and Matt (I think it was the two of them) first encountered him after he had been assaulted by Andy Thompson. I suspect he is inherently insecure, and his parents absence from his life even as a teenager (they were always at the club getting hammered or playing the poker machines) would not have helped. His despair when Tony departed likely crushed what little self-esteem he had, and he will probably take longer to rebuild it than the average person. Fortunately, Tony realises all this and does not seem to be perturbed by having to provide reassurance.
  13. A perfect description @Tris.
  14. Whilst wearing a pair of thongs (flip flops) and a sloppy joe (sweater) and trying not to chunder as he saw a near-naked sheila walking by wearing nothing but a g-string (thong).
  15. Its a "classic" song for sure @Laura S. Fox. I have many albums including this song as sung by Doris Day, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Rod Stewart to name but a few, but Julie London's version is my absolute favourite.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 17

    Laura? Caitlin? What was bugging Laura about Keiyara's account of the evening and was it enough for her to kill Keiyara? Was it a coincidence Will and Aidan ran into Caitlin and indicated they had just spoken with Keiyara? Is it possible that either Laura or Caitlin is the killer and was the last person to see Keiyara alive? And who is the mysterious "fence jumper", the one who told Will and Caitlin that Joey was dead in the pool? Who will be next to die at the hands of the Pemberton Predator? This chapter ran the gamut of emotions, from Will's repeated proclamation of love to the suspected suicide of Keiyara. Hercule Poirot? Miss Marple? Columbo? Killian? Riveting @Josh Aterovis, with the only certainty being Will's proclamation of love deserving the quirky Yello treatment.
  17. Kjell jumped to conclusions and made a fool himself. Perhaps if he had taken that herring out of his butt and asked Arvid why he was wearing a towel only, Arvid could have shown him his saturated clothing hanging up in the bathroom. It was raining heavily outside and the boys had been out and about on their bikes, therefore saturated clothes should not have come as a shock to someone even as closed-minded as Kjell. Given Bella's reaction to Kjell's outburst perhaps she is not as intransigent in her thinking as he is. Matt's emotional response to the proposed payment for him to work voluntarily at the Nature Reserve was not unexpected. What was a surprise, to Gray at least, was that Vince might join Matt. Vince is full of surprises. Another tasty dish served in true Hugillistic style; a little bit of drama with a healthy dose of emotion, and a sprinkling of humour thrown in for good measure.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    I hate to say I agree with you on this @Al Norris, Aidan has to be a suspect.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    I think "cold" would be preferable to hostile and argumentative. I daresay Alex will not take any nonsense from Keith even if Jim feels he has to to "keep the peace".
  20. Summerabbacat

    Breaks

    Fictional yes @Cane23, but not beyond belief. The characters are so engaging, even the vile characters, that you simply cannot have some emotional response. @empath writes with such authenticity that even the most hardened MAGA-twat would surely have to be moved to at least some extent.
  21. "Thanks, mate,’ I said to him, pulling him into a hug once we had dropped the plates on the kitchen sink. ‘What for? I don’t mind helping you. It’s the least I can do for the guy who has given me a reason to live again.’ ‘What?’ ‘Tony, you just don’t know how much these last few days have meant to me. There were times when . . .’ ‘Sshhhh . . . none of that talk here, babe,’ I said as I hugged him once more. ‘Whatever has happened in the past is just that, in the past. Let’s just enjoy the present and make the most of what is ahead of us, okay?’ Similarly to @centexhairysub and @pvtguy I was also concerned with Aaron's comments above. His first comment in bold text above may merely have meant Tony's return has invigorated him and given him a purpose to live life to its fullest again and enjoy it rather than going through the motions to exist. The second comment in bold text which he did not get to complete might mean there were times he contemplated suicide. He must discuss this again with Tony and Tony must listen without interruption to what Aaron has to say. In a previous chapter one of my fellow readers suggested Tony should accompany Aaron when he next visits his psychiatrist, a visit which could prove very useful for Tony to become aware of any signs to look out for if Aaron ever becomes suicidal again. Tony's expression of gratitude to the gang for all they have done for him and Aaron since he arrived in Thompsonville 10 years prior was graciously received by all; the chosen family reaffirming how important each member is to the others. The attendance by the Monolith to the upcoming party is very unlikely @weinerdog. If she was to come it would only be for the food. A delightful celebration of family in this chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one that Sister Sledge would highly approve of. Tony has proven he can write and cook, but can he dance? No expense was spared when they made this video.
  22. “Do you intend to eat me?” he asked as if he was begging for exactly that to happen. “Just taste you thoroughly,” came the reassurance. “You’re a man with a big appetite,” Danny said, laughing and shuddering under Ryder’s thorough exploration of his chest. “Hungry like a wolf.” Ryder stopped for a moment, making Danny’s internal alarm start blaring. “Not that I think of you as an animal,” he hastened to add. “Nothing like that. It’s just--” His avalanche of words was cut short by another small bite on his left nipple. “How do you even know to do that?” he whispered. “You must always drive your lovers mad. I can’t wait for you to fuck me.” Danny is just adorable, his comments before penetration unknowingly accurate and very amusing. I also found Ryder's reassurance in bold text above delightful and very amusing. "Danny was about to protest when Ryder pushed inside him from below. His mouth made a perfect ‘O’, ready to express outrage at having just had that part of his body reshaped in ways he didn’t believe possible, but instead of a cry of pain, one of ecstasy broke from him. Wow. His body could take it. His ass deserved a medal, too, because Ryder’s perfect, supersized cock was now all the way inside him, making Danny’s mind break into tiny pieces." There was much to amuse in this chapter, both in word and thought, but none moreso than the text in bold above. Danny has waited a long time for this, and for it to be such a positive and pain-free experience was well deserved. I expect after the next chapter and post-coitus, Danny and Ryder will be fated, mated and well and truly sated (and possibly very dehydrated). Terrific chapter @Laura S. Fox, very sensual and very funny. What more could a reader ask for.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Breaks

    "I won’t let you hurt him anymore.’ Those words belonged to the boy named Micah. He envied the boy, wishing his father had been capable of stopping him from making such a horrible mistake. Damir no longer needed The Wolf to survive. He had enough money to start afresh anywhere he chose as anyone he wanted to be, but what he wanted most could never be. He wanted to be Matthew Andersen, living with his parents in Baltimore once more." I agree wholeheartedly with the comments of @CincyKris, but must add Matthew aka Damir, to the boys who will hopefully find themselves embracing changes in their lives, changes which will see them accept, and in the case of Theo and Matthew discover before accepting, somebody loves them because they are not unwanted sons. I just hope it is not too late for Matthew; I fear that of the group of 5, Matthew is the one whose life is the most under threat, perhaps even by his own hand. Hopefully the nurse in charge of tending to Henry will also visit Walter's room for some reason and notice a family resemblance. Both boys will need every ounce of love and care their mother is capable of giving to transition to happy, healthy, secure teenagers. As for The Turd, they need nothing from him and it is hopefully what they will receive as he will either be in prison or dead. An explosive chapter @empath. In typical @empathesque fashion, numerous seemingly unrelated plots are beginning to form tenuous connections, connections which will continue to strengthen and make this story even more potent and entertaining than it already is.
  24. Are Ted and Gavin related to, or friends with, the previously mentioned Melton @Lee Wilson? Unless they improve their attitude, I hope you have something particularly nasty simmering in the Wilson cauldron for their "remediation"; perhaps a delicious peanut satay for the two who have an as yet undiagnosed almost fatal allergic reaction to peanuts, Georgia's official state crop (according to Google). Leon Jr's phobia regarding Stephen and Michael's fledgling gay exploration is not based on a hatred of gay people; his fear does have some basis, albeit misguided. He has equated his Uncle's paedophilic behaviour with homosexuality, which is still a very common misconception. In defence of Leon, he is only 14 years old and has likely "fallen" into this mindset through exposure to the beliefs of others, some of whom may be ignorant like he is, and some of whom are wilfully ignorant because they have an agenda. Hopefully he will discuss this with his parents, both of whom do not appear to share this mindset.
  25. Summerabbacat

    aChapter 42

    My comments made on this chapter were lost in the server software glitch. I used @drsawzall's excellent comments above and in essence commented as follows: Calvin would be wise to have no further sexual contact with Alan until Alan has completed the soul-searching the good doctor suggested he should undertake Alan at present is a loose cannon; his accusation Calvin violated him was baseless, but indicated to me he is not to be trusted, he may make this accusation again if he cannot accept the fact he liked being fucked by Calvin, regardless of his insistence he is not gay whilst I should probably have some sympathy/empathy for Alan because he appears to be struggling with acceptance of himself, I don't; I find him tiresome and egotistical, and his response to Calvin's disclosure he is having dinner with Jordan to further their friendship unnecessarily rude if Jordan is gay and is attracted to Calvin I think Calvin should explore this if he wants to, and maybe it is hasta la vista baby to Alan
×
×
  • Create New...