Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,331
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 11

    Maybe you had Christmas on your mind.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 11

    I am not Catholic and no bugger all about saints. Did you mean St. Nicholas or St. Christopher, Al, as in your earlier comment you referred to it as a St Christopher's medallion? I am aware of St. Francis of Assisi as he was the one who was supposedly kind to animals so I really admire him.
  3. I don't recall ever hearing you're not on your Pat Malone before, which according to Google is Australian rhyming slang. I thought this use of rhyming slang was very much a Cockney thing, but according to Google we Aussies use it often too. I cannot think of any examples though.
  4. And now that I have read Luke's statement again properly @Mark Ponyboy Peters, clearly I am a dickhead. Luke stated "NO!’ Luke reprimanded. ‘What happened, happened. It was a result of a number of things that were going on, almost all at once, so no one person is to blame. When are you going to get that through your thick skull?" Perhaps I should change my profile name to Summerabbamoroncat.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Wounds

    The Turd is not the only despicable Samson. The Turd was a little younger than Henry currently is "when his father started their special tutoring sessions." Angelica alluded to this in the previous chapter with her thoughts "Perhaps her husband wasn’t like his father before him after all. She wasn’t supposed to know what that man, thankfully long dead, had done to her husband when he was a boy, but Samson women handed down family secrets just as the men did." I have to wonder if it was The Turd's mother who revealed this to Angelica, a mother whom The Turd had apparently never known. I suspect she was treated in much the same manner as Angelica, a "wet nurse" for The Turd. Angelica's comments in this chapter “He has his father. You’ve certainly spent enough time ignoring him. You can use the time to teach him about money stuff and how to talk like a man… and girls.” Angelica couldn’t help but repeat Henry’s words from the previous evening, not even trying to hide the sharpness in her tone. “But I swear to God, if you hurt him, Walter Samson, your father won’t be the only Walter Samson to leave this earth before his time.” suggest Walter Samson II's death occurred at the hands of another. Was it The Turd's grandmother who killed her own son or had someone do it for her when she discovered he was molesting her grandson, or was it perhaps The Turd's mother, who discovered her husband's incestuous behaviour and ensured it ceased. The Turd's behaviour in this chapter, particularly his screaming at Henry at the conclusion of their conversation, suggest his grip on reality is fading rapidly. In a perfect world, Damir may end up killing him rather than any of his intended targets. Angelica's insistence she stay by Walter's bedside has likely saved his life as The Turd has now instructed Damir to take care of Teyshawn rather than his son. Devon may well have saved Teyshawn's life by leaving Teyshawn's home address at 624 West Division Street before entering the apartment building, although Damir may not be at the address lying in waiting yet. Devon's visit to Walter's bedside with Teyshawn has revealed much to Angelica. I am certain she now knows her son is gay and is in a relationship with Teyshawn, and it appears neither Walter's sexuality nor Teyshawn's "colour" are of any concern to her, unlike The Turd. I expect the information revealed to her about The Turd's insistence treatment on Walter be delayed will bear fruit in identifying it was The Turd who hired a hit on his son. Thankfully, The Turd appears to be the only member of the Samson family who remains alive, in which case Angelica, Walter IV and Henry will be able to live a "normal" life when The Turd is either imprisoned or killed. Daniel's decline is heartbreaking @empath. Your description of his decline, although brief, packed a very powerful punch. His death will undoubtedly leave Juan devastated; the adoption of Matteo will perhaps be his only saviour. The quality of your story telling never ceases to amaze @empath; painstaking attention to even the smallest of details ensuring authenticity, believability and continuity. Well done.
  6. "NO!’ Luke reprimanded. ‘What happened, happened. It was a result of a number of things that were going on, almost all at once, so no one person is to blame. When are you going to get that through your thick skull?" I have to disagree with this statement of Luke's to some extent. Whilst I don't think Tony is to blame for what happened to Aaron, I do think Aaron's parents are partially to blame. Tony and Aaron broke up because Tony wanted to follow his dream and Aaron chose not to accompany him; it was a mutual decision made, not something done in the "heat of the moment". Aaron's parents however, left in the middle of the night without so much as a goodbye and this is our forwarding address, taking Aaron's brother, whom Aaron was seemingly close to, with them. This abandonment of Aaron was unforgivable, even if Aaron was living independently of his parents. This rejection by itself may not have caused a breakdown, particularly if Tony had been there to comfort him, but it certainly did not help his already fragile state. As many of my learned fellow readers have commented, Luke's suggestion that Tony accompany Aaron to an appointment with his psychiatrist is a good one. What remains to be seen is if both Aaron and the psychiatrist agree. I too look forward to Tony's imminent "fireside chat" with the Macquarie Harbour Writer's Group. An excellent chapter as usual @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I am very pleased Aaron disclosed his mental health struggles to Tony. His statement: "I had Jay, but then, afterwards there was still this emptiness. I craved someone to hold me at night while I tried to sleep . . . someone to dry away the tears . . . someone just to touch me. But there was no one, so no matter how much good Jay did me, it was never enough, it was never what I really needed." was profoundly moving.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 11

    "We were in the front yard under the tree the whole time. We didn't see shit. Besides, didn't you say you had a fight with him? That could make you a suspect." This statement from Caitlin struck me as somewhat odd. Was the latter part of the statement highlighted in bold text merely a throwaway remark or did she have some reason to believe Joey may have been murdered? And what of the necklace? Was it ripped off Joey during an altercation with his murderer by accident, or was it deliberately removed because the murderer thought it was of some monetary value or was it a sentimental keepsake for the murderer? I still find it hard to have any sympathy for Joey because of the person he had become. Was there a reason for his descent into his own made hell? We are unlikely to ever know, unless he kept some sort of journal, which I would find very surprising if he did. I felt sad that a young life which had apparently promised so much ended on such a bitter note. Will's idiotic clueless behaviour is I think at least partially the result of his sheltered upbringing. His borderline "obsession" with wanting to help Caitlin raise her child, which may or may not have been fathered by Joey, and his reluctance to seek help from Dr Kohler regarding this issue and Joey's possible murder, may possibly be due in part, at least, to his rigid Christian upbringing. I daresay he was instructed (bludgeoned may be closer to the truth) that in all matters, particularly when faced with a difficult decision, he should turn to God for the answer. I assume given his father's denomination, abortion is a mortal sin and should not be undertaken under any circumstances. As Aidan pointed out to Will, Caitlin's decision is none of his business as he is not the father of the child, and even if he was, it is still her decision to make. As devastated and clueless as Will is, I found his discussion with Laura regarding Joey's death surprisingly lucid: "He's here, but he's not my nursemaid. I'm fine. I...I lost Joey before he ended up in that pool. This just makes it more...final." "Will!" she sounded shocked. "The Joey that died last night isn't the Joey we grew up with, Laura. I...I have to go." There was one humorous scene in this chapter @Josh Aterovis, one which appealed to me greatly, one which I think John Waters might greatly appreciate. "I looked back and forth between the three sisters. They looked nothing alike, aside from the fact that they were all varying shades of blonde. Joey's mom was pretty in a sort of hard way. With ash blonde hair that she always wore long, well past her shoulders, and big brown eyes, I'd always thought she looked much younger than other mothers of kids our age. She suddenly looked much older than I'd ever seen her, her face haggard, her eyes sunken. Then again, I wasn't sure I'd ever seen her without makeup before. Mel, in contrast to Mrs. Taylor's slim build, looked like a bulldog in comparison, complete with hanging jowls and a stubborn expression. Her dirty blonde hair was cut mannishly short, and she was built like a fireplug. Misty, on the other hand, looked like a chicken, long-necked and gangly, rail thin, and beady-eyed, with bleached blonde hair so light it was almost white." I think JW might also find the names of the three sisters hilarious, Monica, Mel and Misty, particularly if their family name began with an M as well.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    Yay!
  9. You may be right @Philippe; what was a rage filled act could have been so much worse.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    Twenty five comments on this chapter and counting @Paladin. It has certainly proven to be one which has created a lot of interest, speculation and debate.
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    This was my "fear" initially @Philippe, but I was somewhat comforted by @CincyKris's comment. I have just re-read my initial comment and I am back to being more concerned again, for the same reason as initially stated that if Horse somehow became aware that someone believed to be Joshua had orchestrated a meeting with someone believed to be Daniel, then he could capture both at the same time with the assistance of his bikie friends, who well may be members of an outlawed motor cycle gang whom Horse has connections with. I just hope @CincyKris's speculation is correct.
  12. Before I comment on this chapter @Jeff Burton I have a question regarding Ari, the answer to which makes no difference to my opinion of Ari or the story itself, it is merely a curiosity. On all bar one occasion, that I have noticed, you have used the personal pronoun they, their or they're to describe Ari, suggesting Ari at least identifies as non-binary. On one occasion though in chapter 7 you use the personal pronoun her "Caleb let out a loud snicker and got immediately smacked on the arm by Ari, who muttered something under her breath". I only noticed and recalled this because if I was to hazard a guess I would have thought Ari was more likely male given the name, unless of course it is an abbreviation for a longer given name. @weinerdog's comment regarding Jamie's friends and their offer of immediate support is so true. I found it interesting that Ari's offers to assist led to Luca revealing he had found himself in similar circumstances i.e. the victim of assault, presumably at the hands of his family, without anyone to support him. I wonder if he would have revealed this to anyone, even Jamie, if Ari had not repeated the offer to assist on several occasions. Ari's suggestion that photographs be taken of Jamie's wounds was an excellent one, obviously she had been listening to the feedback provided by @drsawzall and took that feedback on board (LOL). The good doctor's reminder of the immediate post-assault behaviour of Jamie's mother was well warranted. She too has perhaps been a victim of her husband's bullying, although up until the assault I have always thought she was complicit in the mistreatment of Jamie. Perhaps her husband had previously revealed a violent side to her, or perhaps she is aware of his having been subject to similar treatment by his father as a child/teenager as speculated by @weinerdog in his comments on chapter 9. As stated by @Njdenni, this chapter further enhanced Luca's already beloved status, such that it is now stratospheric. As noted by @drsawzall, this chapter also continued the change of Jamie's character from one of perpetual victim to one who is now fighting back, and fighting back on his own terms, Jordan's remarks testimony to this: “You didn’t run because you were scared,” he said. “You ran because somewhere deep down, you already knew staying would mean losing parts of yourself you’d never get back.” My breath caught. Something in my chest shifted at that. He leaned forward, elbows on his knees. “You didn’t fail by leaving. You saved the part of you that could still feel. That could still hope. That takes more courage than most people ever manage.” The feedback is unanimous @Jeff Burton, an outstanding chapter, which I rated as 'sad' solely because of Luca's revelation that he too was assaulted.
  13. I am pleased I am not the only one whose opinion of Deirdre has see sawed and is now "back in the toilet" (LOL). I agree @pvtguy, especially with your comment in bold text (LOL).
  14. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    An apology is not necessary @Paladin as quality is worth waiting for, although it will be a relief (and hopefully positive relief) to be able to read the next chapter so quickly. A very good point @CincyKris, such that my doubts regarding whose interest the bikies are protecting have been been completely laid to rest (almost).
  15. Methinks Deirdre is not as ignorant of Jasper's illegal activities as she tried to insinuate. Methinks Jasper's mother may have been close to the truth when she complained to Denise that Jasper only got involved in the smuggling because Deirdre "egged him on, constant demands for money, never satisfied, smuggling was the only way he could come up with enough to satisfy her.” If Jasper is imprisoned or heavily fined I will not be surprised if Deirdre attempts to become more involved in Toby's life again with the intent of "blackmailing" Brian for money. In recent chapters I thought Deirdre may have been becoming a nicer, more thoughtful and caring person and mother. Methinks now her recent behaviour has been a sham. She is NOT to be trusted. Toby is the one most likely to be affected by any fallout from Jasper's arrest, particularly if it is proven Deirdre had involvement in the smuggling too, or at least knew about it. Between Brian, Gordon, Russ, Evie and Drew, and Denise, hopefully they can protect Toby from any adverse comments or actions if Deirdre is charged, and more particularly if convicted too. "By dint of combing the websites of local newspapers in the Portsmouth-area, where Jasper lived and sailed, Brian managed to find a couple of frustratingly vague articles about police breaking up a smuggling ring. But no details, of course. " Another educational opportunity, never had I seen dint used in such context. Excellent chapter @Robert Hugill.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    "Daniel was startled, but before he could respond Jordan was pushed aside and a hand grabbed Daniel’s arm. “Come on Dan. I told you this was a trap. But I’m not going to let them take you back. Let’s get you away from here.” Jordan turned to look at the intruder and that’s when he saw the two large men in full black Bikie Club leathers walking towards them ominously clutching batons." Now that is just cruel @Paladin, reminiscent of the "Who shot JR?" cliffhanger. Chapter 6 was posted on 25/04/25 and this one on 12/05/25; I don't know if I can wait 17 days for this cliffhanger to be resolved, assuming it is resolved in the next chapter. The suspense may kill me, literally. It appears Daniel has recognised the board as belonging to Adam. I assume where he rubbed his hands back and forth on the board is where it was damaged in the shark attack which killed Adam. I also assume Daniel has recognised Joshua but is playing it cautious, believing perhaps that Joshua is being used as a decoy to capture him and either return him to the Gold Coast or terminate him. If Daniel has met Jordan and remembers him and his relationship with Adam, he will hopefully realise he is not in any danger. And what of these two bikies in leather clutching batons? Are they providing protection for Daniel or have they somehow been alerted to a possible meeting between Daniel and Joshua and are there to capture both for Horse. A riveting chapter @Paladin, with some very clever plot developments e.g. the reporting of Joshua and Daniel as "missing" by their Uncle. What a devious prick. I hope the imminent arrests all proceed without drama, although if Joshua and Daniel's Uncle and/or Aunt should be injured in capture, well shit happens.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    We can only hope @Flip-Flop Victor inadvertently hurts himself whilst trying to harm Will and/or Jonah.
  18. Did it make you Numb?
  19. Or maybe he did and it was a Lemon.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    Given Will's admitted history of alcohol abuse, you may be "on the money" @Lee Wilson. Victor has plenty of alcohol to choose from too if he chooses to harm Will in any way. If he does harm Will, will he do so to spite Jonah, or will he do so in a manner which appears to lay blame at the hands of Jonah? He is conniving and evil, he is his parents's son, and should not be underestimated.
  21. You are full of surprises @Lee Wilson; I thought U2 would appeal to you. Given your elevation to God status by @weinerdog, are there any songs with "God" in the title which appeal to you? Perhaps God Of Thunder by Kiss?
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    A brand new BMW for the triplets for their 16th birthday? WTF, are you kidding Vienna and Nolan, they are 16 not 25? I also think it was a little insensitive on their part to give the triplets such an expensive gift for their 16th birthday when Jonah does not have a car. The "fun" will start when more than one of the triplets wants to use the car at the same time, for an outing where the other two are not invited e.g. on a date. Of the three, Monty is the only one who has displayed any degree of maturity to date and is likely to try to compromise, Blair and Calvin will just scream and pout if they cannot have the car for their exclusive use when they want it. I also think Vienna and Nolan need to read the riot act to all three, but particularly Blair and Calvin, about drinking and driving. Victor is definitely plotting something, and whatever it is I doubt it is to the advantage of anyone other than Victor. I wonder if his parents have left for Europe for the summer, leaving him to fend for himself or in the care of hired help?
  23. I am by nature a "glass is half empty" rather than "glass is half full" person, and as such I remain skeptical regarding Jeff's apparent attempts to address his homophobia and taunting behaviour, particularly towards Stephen. Like several of my fellow readers have speculated, if his attempts to address his behaviour are genuine, I hope any improvement in his homophobic attitude is not undone by being sent to a military school. Michael's parents, Lester and Angela, are eminently sensible; their attitude towards any experimentation between Michael and Stephen which may have occurred and which is likely to occur, being one of acceptance, with a discussion to be had between Lester and Michael. I only hope that a discussion between Stephen and his parents is as calm and rational, as if not, it will likely jeopardise the home-schooling his parents have approved to be conducted by Angela. Another fine chapter @Lee Wilson. Perhaps U2's Mysterious Ways is an homage to @Lee Wilson @weinerdog, with U2 changing the gender of the song's subject to protect the innocent.
  24. Although it was not necessary as Aaron ultimately accepted the "gift" of the new truck after some initial consternation, Tony could have emphasised the gift benefitted both of them as partners in the business, as the truck is an investment in the business. The 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning admission by Tony and subsequently by Aaron, was well received by both. They are evenly matched in their feelings for each other, equally invested in their relationship and their future. I hope in the not too distant future Tony is able to purchase Aarontone, the sprawling white house on the hill, for them. A chapter of affirmation @Mark Ponyboy Peters, with the only question remaining regarding Old Betsy's (Bessy's)' replacement, what is her name.
  25. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh, 1992, I remember it well @Bry Bryant. Something Good by Utah Saints (with those otherworldly "guest" vocals by Kate Bush) was a top 10 hit in Australia and I was still regularly going to gay bars and dancing. Bry made a little progress going to Dollars with his workmates; he felt relatively comfortable there and allowed himself to enjoy dancing. The "cliffhanger" which concluded this chapter will likely send him into a spin of confusion though. Is he about to have a bisexual three-way with two work colleagues, both of whom are possibly in an "altered state" of mind. I look forward to the next chapter @Bry Bryant with bated breath.
×
×
  • Create New...