-
Posts
8,365 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
And the winner is? Randy Thompson. Given the "antics" of several members of this well known and well connected family, Randy is rather an apropos name, but is it one Tony Scott really wants to associate himself with? Time will tell. He could perhaps modify it slightly to Randi Thompson, a gender change would surely not harm his chance of success as many famous crime novelists have been women e.g. Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh and Dorothy L. Sayers. The dishes Tony is preparing for dinner sound delicious, temptingly so. I have not eaten seafood for 4 years now, but do occasionally get a craving for some oysters, prawns, barramundi, octopus or flathead. Given the price of the latter in particular it is a craving easily quashed. Tony's intended altruism does not surprise and he is wise to consider those he intends to help would be best served if he joined forces with an existing organisation, one he finds a comfortable "fit" for his intentions. I suspect the purchase of Aarontone is going to be the request for which Harry does not have good news. More ponyesque delights from your pen @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You have not set a foot wrong with this story thus far.
- 23 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
More Legalese, and Back To the Boys
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in More Legalese, and Back To the Boys
- 36 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
The True Touch of a Lover
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The True Touch of a Lover
It is unanimous @Laura S. Fox, we "mere mortals" have spoken. Theodore deserves buckshot in the butt, Danny deserves sweet nothings whispered in his ear, gentle caresses and maybe a little bit of sniffing, licking and gentle biting. Theodore is poison and Danny its antidote. Theodore is Hard Hearted Hannah, as sweet as sour milk, Danny is A Taste Of Honey. Theodore will fly Ryder to hell, Danny will fly him to the moon (and in this chapter he already has). A remarkably beautiful chapter @Laura S. Fox. -
More Legalese, and Back To the Boys
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in More Legalese, and Back To the Boys
I am refraining from commenting fully on Charles (so unlike me), suffice to say I was not impressed. As stated by @pvtguy, Jeff is very fortunate his father is a lawyer, and one who obviously keeps abreast of social changes and current data. Jeff appears to realise the severity of his 'crime' and appears to be serious in changing his attitudes and behaviour. Michael's hormones kicked into overdrive in this chapter. He is light years ahead of Stephen in his knowledge of gay issues and gay sex; I hope he has the maturity to "slow down" and let Stephen embrace his newly discovered sexuality at his own pace. He does not have Michael's self-confidence and needs to be treated with kid gloves at this point in time. Another good chapter @Lee Wilson.- 36 comments
-
- 12
-
-
Suspicious Minds - Fine Young Cannibals version? It is superb, with the very prominent backing vocals of Jimmy Somerville Can't Help Falling In Love - the only other version I know is that from The Stylistics, a very popular Philly soul group from the 1970's (before your time), and unlike all their other songs I cannot stand it I will be interested to learn of the versions of these songs you are referring to.
-
And then some. Many of those named by @Philippe I was not aware of. Those mentioned by me are those which I like best, especially Edge of Reality and Viva Las Vegas. The only others I can recall which have not been mentioned and which I particularly like are Are You Lonesome Tonight and In The Ghetto.
-
What If You Like It Complicated?
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in What If You Like It Complicated?
Jack is a chihuahua @Laura S. Fox, small, yappy and constantly on the move. His "accidental" clairvoyance appears to be far more believable than Cassandra's alleged psychic abilities. No surprises Theodore Pembroke's companies are reportedly engaged in any and all "dirty business" which occurs in Glasstone. I am still enthralled by this story; it is nothing like I have ever read before. -
What If You Like It Complicated?
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in What If You Like It Complicated?
She is Theodore Pembroke's mother? She has been bewitched by his masculine "charms" and craves more because she is one horny she-wolf? She has been promised a large financial windfall if Ryder is dead and his pack driven from their land which Theodore wants to acquire? -
Beyond all Misunderstandings
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Beyond all Misunderstandings
Although Danny's belief Ryder is an environmentalist is fanciful, his belief Theodore Pembroke is the CEO of a corporation with intentions of anything but respect for the environment well may have some basis. I am convinced it is he who put the curse on Ryder and his pack, and either with or without force convinced Cassandra to lie to Ryder that he, Theodore, is his fated mate, with the intention of killing him. The motivation, pristine land which Theodore wants to acquire to benefit from financially. He is a wolf who has been seduced by the greed of his human side and has become a dodgy developer. I sense Ryder and his pack will have to fight tooth and claw to keep this wolf from their door. Does Danny hold the key to intensifying Ryder's strength and resolve, or is everything Cassandra predicted a fantasy created to support the bullshit that Theodore is Ryder's fated mate? If Theodore Pembroke is even one tenth as "hot" as the late Theodore (Teddy) Pendergrass @Laura S. Fox then Ryder is in trouble. Woof indeed. -
Beyond all Misunderstandings
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Beyond all Misunderstandings
I loathe streaming too @drpaladin, including streaming of music. I do have a TV, but have not watched TV for many years. I only ever use it for watching a DVD, which I only watch from my own collection, a couple of times per year. -
"Yes, it had to be because he had never been exposed to this sort of attraction before. Humans could be very handsome, too, and while wolves kept to themselves, who was to say that they wouldn’t like to lie with such people? Ryder entertained the idea, and he would have even given in to it if it weren’t for Theodore and the fact that he had a mate to whom he was supposed to offer all of his desire." and “It’s a man,” Ryder replied. “I am supposed to like him.” It appears Ryder is finding it increasingly difficult to convince himself the idea of Theodore Pembroke being his fated mate is an attractive one, the polar opposite of what he is feeling for Danny. The concept of an arranged marriage, in this case to benefit the pack as a whole, very Austenesque @Laura S. Fox. I too am a big fan. Irresistible, what a joy to be thought of as such, something which Danny, Average Joe, thoroughly deserves.
-
Or Thomas, the "miracle worker"? Or wouldn't it be ironic if the only one who could reach Matthew is Micah. Perhaps Damir is to Matthew what Boy is to Micah, a protective shield from hurt, pain and abandonment.
-
Inextinguishable Fire
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Inextinguishable Fire
"Instead, he was enjoying such strange cozy moments in the company of Danny Wilson, a human who couldn’t have been further from a wolfshifter, with his soft hair, nice eyes, and slim build. But who said all wolves had to be big and strong? Ryder chuckled at his own strange thought. Danny couldn’t even be considered a puppy, let alone a wolf. If there was some animal for him out there, it had to be something completely different from a wolf. If there was a fire burning inside Danny’s heart, it had to be calm and enduring." These thoughts of Ryder's capture the essence of this chapter. Danny is acutely aware of his attraction to Ryder but believes there is no chance the attraction could possibly be mutual, whilst Ryder is completely clueless (or is lying to himself) that he could possibly be attracted to Danny as his mate must be a wolf, not a puppy or some such lesser being. As for Vince and Jack, only time will tell for this coupling as well, but it will not surprise if an attraction arises on both their parts. @Laura S. Fox you are right up there with Duran Duran in presenting an entertaining tale about a wolf. -
I wonder @Cane23 if there is any chance to rehabilitate Damir? He murdered his parents as ordered by his former Soviet "bosses" and attempted to murder Walter IV at the behest of The Turd. He clearly feels worthless unless he is killing as it is the only thing he knows. Does this make him worse than some corporate CEO's, presidents and religious extremists who are responsible for many more deaths than Damir?
-
Another entertaining chapter, with misunderstandings aplenty injecting more humour into an already humorous story. I found the following particularly amusing: “Hey,” Jack protested, grabbing the phone from Ryder’s hand. “Now, listen here, asshole, who do you think you are to--” “I have a Jacuzzi, all the streaming services, and organic food. Are you going to protest much or are you coming?” Vince asked." Vince has again demonstrated his care for Danny by offering to harbour Jack, thus enabling Danny to harbour Ryder. I suspect this is setting up a romantic liaison between Vince and Jack. Speaking of Ryder, for someone so astute and observant in general, he is totally blind to his attraction to Danny. Cassandra has apparently placed a "curse" on him by closing his eyes to anyone but Theodore Pembroke, his alleged fated mate. Well done again @Laura S. Fox.
-
One of my favourite Doris Day films @Cane23 (and I have about 20 on DVD). Such an underrated singer and actress, and to top it all off a tireless advocate for animal rights. A goddess in the eyes of @Summerabbacat.
-
You will not be sorry you correct this oversight @Paladin. In comparison to this story and Kept Boy To Made Man it is @empath lite, but it is just as entertaining, provocative and @empathesque. I would advise you still have those tissues on hand.
-
I’m Harboring… a Fugitive?!
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in I’m Harboring… a Fugitive?!
"That was why Vince was such a great friend. He knew exactly when to intervene to stop Danny from spiraling down into the ocean of uncertainty, drowning in doubt." My favourite line from this chapter; Vince may be flippant and tease Danny a little too much about his lack of sexual success, but he is genuinely fond of Danny and obviously cares a great deal about his wellbeing, being very generous with ensuring he eats sufficiently given his low income. The fembot at Eclipse Aromatics on Moonveil was a hilariously ghastly stereotype, a stick of incense stuck up her butt to ensure she wore a veneered smile of constipation permanently. Hideous. Another riotous chapter @Laura S. Fox. I am interested to see how Ryder and Jack have managed to vanish without a trace and will remain out of the reach of the police, and how Danny will reconcile harbouring a fugitive against his strong moral compass. -
You have driven me to the Edge of Reality @Philippe, or perhaps Way Down to Viva Las Vegas. Luckily there are still enough Suspicious Minds to ensure the investigation will continue, at least for now, unless of course Will becomes Moody Blue again.
-
Sometimes, in a Crystal Ball
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Sometimes, in a Crystal Ball
More fun and games with Jack, the reluctant clairvoyant, displaying what appears to be genuine clairvoyance with his "assessment" of the roles Theodore Pembroke and Average Joe aka Danny Wilson will play in Ryder's life. Maybe it was sheer luck, but the Draw Of The Cards was the same each time Jack shuffled them and dealt them. Another joyous and humorous chapter @Laura S. Fox. I am very much enjoying the inclusion of characters such as Danny and Jack, both of whom would be "invisible" in a world preoccupied with beauty and wealth. Their station in life would also see them invariably excluded from much of what they might enjoy. To have them both playing a major role in this story is wonderful, much like Otis from Dating Rules and Pretty Fools, a most beloved creation of your mind. -
Aliens perhaps?
-
It appears it will take all of Killian's enthusiasm to keep the troops invested in continuing with the investigation. Although it is only early days yet, everyone bar Killian, and perhaps Gabe, seemed to be on a "downer" after it was revealed no one had really come up with any concrete yet. My goodness Elvis was a handsome man and a fine singer, at least earlier in his career. I think it is the hairstyle, but in the photograph above he looks a little like k d lang. I hope you are wrong about Aidan being the killer @drsawzall.
-
The killer was a Hag In A Black Leather Jacket or was it Multiple Maniacs? I love to speculate and I think Caitlin and Mackenzie are the most likely culprits thus far, but my "little grey cells" rarely get it right. Perhaps it was Elvis.
-
Gray is busy & Vince is more open
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Gray is busy & Vince is more open
Damn @pvtguy. The development of their better qualities in spite of their father, a much better word choice than my word choice defiance. Maybe I should ask you to write me comments for me in future. -
The painting of the frog. Aidan clearly feels much more for Will than just friendship, and although he may not realise it yet, I think Will feels more for Aidan than just friendship too. The Thanksgiving gathering was a time of high emotion for most who attended. I immediately wondered if Caitlin declining a drink of alcohol was genuine or part of a charade. If it is a charade I cannot imagine it is one she will be able to continue to sustain for much longer. Aidan appeared to warm or at least thaw out a little towards Caitlin, but Laura's attitude towards her is still frosty at best. With the ongoing investigation I will be keen to observe if their relationship improves at all. A clever chapter @Josh Aterovis, one illustrating the lack of success thus far will test the resolve of those involved in the murder investigation. Will they all stay on board or will some drop out due to lack of progress?
