-
Posts
8,322 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
I forgot to comment on them @drsawzall. Wasn't it wonderful observing such a formerly despicable pair still making such a positive contribution to lives of the unwanted sons, and to some extent in Mary's case, the unwanted daughter (although Rosa and her grandfather genuinely love her).
-
You are correct in your speculation young dachshund. Mike should put a padlock on the refrigerator and the pantry at the Monolith's home to stop her from gorging herself. Let her live off the "lard of her largesse" for a while. Like a number of my fellow readers, I believe Tony is going to seek Harry's assistance in identifying who the current owner(s) of Aarontone is/are, and once identified, determine if they are interested in selling it and for what price. Unlike @weinerdog only it would seem, I had not thought Tony might ask Harry if he knows anyone whom he could hire to locate Aaron's missing brother. Brilliant thought @weinerdog, as if Aaron's brother is found I am sure it will bring a great deal of joy to Aaron, which in turn will bring a great deal of joy to Tony. I will perhaps dismay or even anger some of my fellow readers, but I am not as sympathetic to the plight Jess finds herself in as others appear to be. The expectation that both she and Mike seemingly had that Tony should call her immediately annoyed me. Does she not have a phone of her own, could she not have contacted Tony herself if it was so urgent she speak with him? I totally agree with all three siblings, the Monolith is a fucking bitch, but her response to Jess' revelations she is a lesbian and she is pregnant, should surely not have come as a surprise to Jess. Had she not given any thought to what she would do in this eventuality? And has Jess not heard of contraceptives and condoms, unless the pregnancy was planned for some reason, in which case why is she expecting others to drop everything to help her? I will admit I am not very sympathetic in this type of scenario, unless Jess was raped or she was on the pill and the guy used a condom but she still got pregnant. I realise she is only 18, but surely she was aware of the risk of pregnancy if precautions were not taken. I may be judging her too harshly and too quickly, but something is not adding up with the information she has provided Tony to date. Having said all this, I still believe she needs the support of her family, apart from the Monolith, but I also believe she has to accept responsibility for her actions and not expect Tony to swoop in and solve everything for her (and maybe she does not expect this and I am being a judgmental old bitch, just like the Monolith, although fortunately for me a much slimmer version). A terrific chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which you can see has irked me somewhat, at least on face value. I very well may end up with egg on my face (what a truly disgusting thought) if, and when, Jess reveals more about her pregnancy, but at the moment I am not as sympathetic to her plight as others appear to be. I am however, already sympathetic to the plight of the child, regardless of the circumstances of his, her or their, conception.
-
Maybe "it" already has @drsawzall. It could explain the behaviour of some political and business leaders on the world stage at present, although to be fair it would have to have taken up residence many years ago as most were already behaving badly, they just feel emboldened to do even more so now and seemingly remain free from any form of accountability.
-
It's good to be sniping about The Cuntess again. She would be in good company in present day USA, likely lauded as a "community activist" and "pillar of society". I would find her far more appealing as a "pillar of salt".
- 10 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
The old saying "a leopard never changes it spots" has proven to be the truth once again. The Cuntess of Chicago, revolting Rebecca Renkin, is as shallow, contemptuous and despicable as she was 4 and 1/2 years prior. In all honesty I did not expect she would have changed, although I had hoped, foolishly obviously, her father's transition to being a better man might have rubbed off on her, even if only slightly. Clearly it has not. I am glad to see 15 year old Mary Renkin is already showing sign of the rebellion which will eventually result in her turning her back on her mother completely. It appears one of Mary's classmates, Jessica Jameson (JJ), may have far more in common with the Cuntess than her daughter does. Jessica is a pretentious bitch, an entitled millennial princess, who may be in for a very rude shock. Hopefully Walter Samson IV has more backbone than John Renkin and does not continue the charade with JJ, instead turns his affections to their real target, Teyshawn Jones, (TJ). If Walter is indeed Damir's intended target perhaps Damir's aim will be off for once and he will take out JJ instead of Walter, or perhaps a miracle will occur and he will realise he too is an unwanted son and he will be drawn to Liberty Academy to perform good deeds instead of continuing as an assassin for hire. Riveting stuff @empath.
- 10 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
ЕБАТЬ @empath, you wasted no time in introducing the evil which will likely permeate this latest journey into the Land Of Lincoln. Damir Volkov, the killer formerly known as American teenager Matthew Anderson, born presumably between 1973 and 1975 in Komsomol2 breeding camp and placed thereafter with an unsuspecting childless American couple to raise as their own. Programmed throughout his youth to be a killer, including his American parents. And now a freelance killer for hire, a killer whose next target is an all-American teenager. Is the target the disappointing eldest son, the heir presumptive, of the obscenely wealthy churchgoer, the object of the priest's sycophancy? Suspense abounds already @empath and it's only the Prologue.
- 7 comments
-
- 10
-
-
Now I understand perfectly. When I re-read them both I noticed the reference to the smoke that came up from both their heads, and the observation of Gennaro that when Walker died that he had seen it before when Medina died. This was what "clued" me to ask the question. I have to ask, even if I am being a "nosey parker", when you were a youngster going through school did you have such a vivid imagination, or is this something that has crept up on you over the years or suddenly walloped you in more recent times?
-
"Shirley" this cannot be the case @Paladin. Say it isn't so. @empath's powers of observation were perhaps honed or enhanced when writing Kept Boy to Made Man. I am very pleased Daniel is still alive as both Justin and he will have one "blood" family member who understands and believes what they have each been through.
-
That Wilsonian imagination to the fore again @Lee Wilson. Can we readers be really sure that it is you who always writes these fantastical stories, or are you host to an "alien" or "aliens" at times who dream up these literary delights, as your imagination seems unrestricted by genre or sub-genre. I understand in this story the alien took up residence in Brad Parson's body, but in the other two stories was it the vigilante killers Nestor Medina and Daniel Walker, or the criminals they killed Adrian Keller and Jonathan Robinson. I think it was the former but I am not entirely sure (maybe having a "senior's moment"?).
-
I am curious as to why Alan uttered 'Fuck' too after he thought Calvin had left. My immediate thought was he is tiring of Calvin and wants out of his arrangement with him. If Alan realises Calvin is developing feelings for Jordan though I won't be surprised if Alan becomes jealous and possessive because he will want to retain Calvin as his plaything until such time he has been replaced. Very intriguing chapter @KKirk, one which I think might foreshadow a major shift in the relationship between Calvin and Alan.
-
And his name is Frank too @Mark Ponyboy Peters. It has just occurred to me, Frank Gilroy.
-
A Florentine Offer, a Lingering Loyalty.
Summerabbacat commented on E K Stokes's story chapter in A Florentine Offer, a Lingering Loyalty.
Étienne is "spoilt" for choices, both offer a degree of promise for the future, conversely both come with inherent risks. If Charles were to travel to Florence with Étienne then the choice is a no-brainer. He is in a quandary for sure, one which faces many of us to some degree or other in life. I am looking forward to Monsieur @E K Stokesresolution of this quandary for him. -
Reunions and Other Plans
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Reunions and Other Plans
On the same album as Games Without Frontiers, Peter Gabriel 3 (Melt). Released as the 3rd single from the album, a top 40 hit in the UK only. A eulogy to Steve Biko, an anti-apartheid activist who died in police custody on 12/09/77 (or for you 09/12/77). Have tissues handy though as is very moving, the music alone is so haunting. My favourite Peter Gabriel song. -
Reunions and Other Plans
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Reunions and Other Plans
You hit it (Solsbury Hill not the monkey) with your Sledgehammer, under your own Steam of course. Just remember though, if the Red Rain starts falling Big Time, In Your Eyes, Don't Give Up just run for the hills because Here Comes The Flood. Of all these songs Game Without Frontiers is my favourite, although for me nothing compares to Biko. Before he even starts singing, the lengthy instrumental introduction has me in tears. Musically haunting, vocally devastating. A masterpiece. -
Reunions and Other Plans
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Reunions and Other Plans
Collateral damage is what he may have argued had he been aware of it @Lee Wilson, but like you I think he was totally absorbed by his own agenda and failed to see the end did not justify the means. George Sr and Vanessa did the right thing, the former motivated by kindness and the love of his son, the latter by the promise of a nanny. Methinks she did not aim high enough, she should have asked for a cleaner/housekeeper too (LOL). This song is rather apt for what took place in China and North Korea. A huge hit in Australia, with very prominent backing vocals by fellow Englishman Peter Gabriel.- 31 comments
-
- 10
-
-
For the moment I agree with you @Al Norris, but I sense (or perhaps I am projecting and it is more hoping) a connection is a possibility.
-
"What if it's not open on Sunday?" Asher asked. "Oh, shit!" I gasped. "What?" "Today is Sunday!" "And..." "I missed church!" "Too late to worry about it now," Aidan said philosophically. "The gallery is open. Their hours are on the website. Let's go." The conclusion to this chapter the reason for my ha ha emoticon @Josh Aterovis. Is this the end of Will's life of propriety, his life before he degenerates into a life of debauchery? A life of hedonistic pleasure, of lubricious carnality; life as a celebrated artist, moving in circles more akin to Studio 54 than an evening bible study class. Go for it Will, embrace your inner Grace Jones/Andy Warhol/Deborah Harry/Liza Minnelli/Halston/Bianca Jagger. I sense a growing connection between Will and Aidan, one which I think Aidan is acutely aware of, one which I don't think Will is aware of even in the slightest, yet. Will appears to have led a very sheltered life, such that although introspective in many ways, that introspection does not seem to have extended to examining his feelings in any great depth, his mind having been constipated by religious fervour, or at least the desire for religious fervour. Splendid chapter @Josh Aterovis.
- 18 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Everything is "cumming" up rosy for the four men in this chapter, with Walter's mother unintentionally playing hostess to a quartet of queers, a garland of gays. Never has her home been blessed with such gaiety.
-
Tales from the honeymoon suite
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Tales from the honeymoon suite
">Can’t believe it, Bri, you and Gordon married. “Can’t quite myself.” >Never thought you’d get there first. “What about Jasper?” >Don’t go there, Bri. Don’t go there." It appears the speculations a number of we readers have made in more recent chapters are not without merit. Has Jasper's rooster come home to roost? Very intriguing @Robert Hugill. I look forward to the truth about Jasper coming out. It will probably be Denise who will come by the truth and share all with Brian. Brian and Gordon are younger than I thought they were. I had guessed them to be in their early to mid-40's but they are only thirty-somethings. Brian must have only been in his early 20's when he fathered Toby, very young to have become a father in more recent times. The bed and the shower got a good workout. The latter is like I would love to have in my apartment, but it is not likely I ever will. Di is another of your startlingly "alive" characters you have created in your works Robert. Very efficient and business-like, and apparently a good cook. What more could Brian and Gordon have asked for. Gordon's realisation he is now part of a family of three was rather surprising as I thought him already very conscious of this. It has appeared to me he has been living as if part of a family of three for some time, perhaps it was the formalising of what already was, which has surprised him. Your usual high standard of story telling Robert. Always a pleasure to visit the Hugillverse. -
Granny Vanessa, LOL. She must surely be Joshua's "older sister" or perhaps young Aunt? I assume she is in her mid to late 50's at the most, and is likely well "preserved", so realistically she could present herself as Josh's Aunt.
-
We were barely out of the womb when it was released in 1976 so we must have become aware of it in 1988 when it was a hit again, LOL.
-
Brilliant Josh, brilliant. What a smart lad he is proving himself to be. Edith Collins may be a busybody, a sticky beak, a nosey parker, a gossip, but her "innocent" gossiping has proven to be invaluable. Either "Dr Jackson" is incredibly stupid or incredibly arrogant thinking she can get away with impersonating someone and not having any red flags raised in a small town. And as for those Jenkins boys, all is well that ends well, again thanks to Edith's "innocent" gossiping (an image of Esme Watson arose @Paladin). Vanessa has really "come into her own" for me @Paladin. In her role as a grandmother she is far less a Mumzilla than she is in her role as a mother. I can honestly now say I like her. She has proven herself to be invaluable in helping Josh settle into his new environment, and she is very observant regarding his moods (maybe this is why she was such a Mumzilla). An excellent chapter @Paladin. The pace of the investigation is gathering, but caution is being exercised to ensure all i's are dotted and t's crossed. Very realistic pacing I believe. And the prawn risotto made another appearance. Delicious, even with the prawns, which I have to confess I do get a craving for at times.
- 20 comments
-
- 12
-
-
And they live on Lantana Lane instead of Wisteria Lane @Paladin.
-
A leisurely stroll around the lake, the beach and the town centre, culminating in a visit with Bruno and mention of his famous meat pies and vanilla slices, what bliss. Languid and serene were the words du jour for this chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. As some of my fellow readers have expressed in their comments, small towns can be suffocating in that many know your business even if you don't want them to, but as @pvtguy stated, this can also result in love and support from people and a sense of belonging. I think this has been the case for Aaron, he is obviously well liked in Thompsonville and has had the support of any number of the towns population in addition to his friends, which has apparently sustained him to a degree since Tony left. Mrs Hamilton and Bruno have demonstrated this already. I found this thought of Tony's the most telling, it foreshadows much of what I believe is yet to come; the best is yet to come. "Doing that same thing again now brought back more memories of good times we had once shared, but it also brought with them a yearning for more memories to be added to the collection." Of course the chapter was not all ha ha hee hee, with one of the most profoundly sad moments of this story to date: "But then I would go home and I would start thinking about you again. . .’ ‘Oh god, Aaron.’ ‘I don’t know how many nights I cried myself to sleep, wondering if I would ever see you again . . ." This revelation from Aaron inspired a song, a song I have always love since it was first released in March 1976, even though it is essentially a pub rock song. Mark I am sure you will remember it as it became an anthem in our youth, with the unofficial "additional" lyrics merely adding to its anthemic status. Superb chapter mpb.
-
Maybe Peter Cetera and Danny Seraphine "offend" the acceptable AI algorithm and therefore are "deemed" dead as it is considered they should be.
