-
Posts
961 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Vcs
-
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I agree @sandeman, Jake is wise While panicked by the thought of not being on the spot to protect, he must know Mannly still has struggles ahead. Meanwhile, young Mannly is so eager to get back what's lost he's grown impatient which is understandable. Ah, the eagle... -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Not so subtle, huh, @Doha? I was imagining Jake's expression as that sentence was written. -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Rest easy @Summerabbacat, we're all pulling for you 🤗 -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
You're good @VBlew, a mediator is definitely in order. Emotions, insecurities, and egos are a dangerous combination for relationships. -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
The one word idea - brilliant! Thank you -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Right with you on the garbage society claims that make a man. WTF??? I believe it takes a REAL MAN to cry, admit pain, let his daughter or son paint his nails, etc. Ah, okay, Dr. MacLarroy's clinic—Little Man was taken the morning after Jake found him at the north gate. He had to wait because Dr. Mac was out of town and rushed back to treat his new patient. When Kidd was assaulted in the playroom, he was taken by ambulance from the ranch with Bass and Doc following. Kidd was attended to in Dr. Mac's surgical suite because of what the perp tried to do to him. Fortunately, the plug had a lock, so he wasn't able to get it out; however, there was a little damage requiring treatment and then at least four weeks of bed rest .According to Google, eagle calls are more shrill than I imagined. The calls in the story are all taken from research. I'd thought they'd make a prolonged caaaaaw caaaaaw sound, but apparently not. I've had birds once, two adorable little finches. Bought them a lovely Japanese-design house with all the extras, brought them home, and the next morning they were both laid out cold. Being a wuss when it comes to dead animals, I couldn't even touch them. Cried all the way to the pet store and left the cage, dead birds, and everything there. The COD? Apparently, there was a small gas leak. Nope, never again. Maybe it's the few drops of Native American blood in me; I'm quite taken with eagles, but no, I wouldn't want to get near those claws. P.S. Can someone explain why sometimes my comments won't post??? -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I pictured this scene with Mannly being faced not only with trauma-related issues but at the same time hearing societal b.s. tapes about what constitutes a real man (i.e. ‘real men don’t cry,' 'man-up,' ‘don’t be a pussy,' ‘toughen up,' etc.). He was taken to Dr. MacLarroy’s clinic for a full examination, testing, treatment of shoulder/arm injury, etc. Afterwards, Reed and company, from the firehouse, provided transportation for the still-unconscious Little Man back to the ranch. Given their knee-jerk reactions, my money’s on a kick in the arse from Mama Shir. When thinking of the eagle, remember every character has a role. As for what actually transpired... -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I'm with you on sucky cliffies, but sometimes they can't be avoided. (Boooo) Jake is a bit reactive and uptight Neither one though is thinking clearly enough to realize they need an actual conversation. -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Thank you @Charles26, I hoped it would be received as intended. He's in a tough, confusing spot in his recovery, and isn't easy on him or his supporters. Check back Wednesday to see what happens 🫰 -
Continued... “Of course, I want to be involved! Now, the next thing we need to talk about is when I should move into the bunkhouse.” ---------- Stunned, Jake asked, “Bunkhouse, why?! You don’t like it here? If there’s something that’s not comfortable, we can change it. Just say the word, and I’ll have it taken care of right away. Want a new quilt, to have the paint color changed, different pictures...” Mannly, surprised by Jake’s reaction, tried to explain, “No...” “Okay
- 19 comments
-
- 20
-
-
-
-
-
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Loving the open day launch, @Summerabbacat. Truly some of the best ideas come from y'all's comments! Must admit to your having me rolling with the "western" show game. My immediate thought was what a shame both women were locked up. Of course, I'm not sure it'd do much harm to Dixie Mae given the results of the folding chair she took to the head. At least though she wouldn't be screeching! As for Shayna Salope, would it knock some sense into her? Nah, no way, but it'd be fun to watch. Ideas for the rescues are being worked on. Wish me luck! -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Whew, H-O-T-S!!! -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
You have cracking up @Doha. I hope young Rhett doesn't have a hair trigger. -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
You and me both @Doha especially recalling some of those photos. -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
That they are @VBlew. Oh Mannly, so misguided, between insecurities and trying to regain his independence... Maybe if dear, devoted Jake would finally make a move!!! These two are no better than Frank and Rhett; their dance is just a little different but so far with the same frustrating results. I too have been wondering about Little Man moving in with Jake, but it seems Jake is spending all his time at the ranch house. The dog rescue should be fun. Presently, it's proving to be a bit of a challenge to come up with stories about it. And, of course, all three of our young men want their own pooch. I just got the shivers thinking of housetraining three dogs at once. Now I wonder who will be the most successful, but for some reason I'm not betting on it being Mannly. Jo had a hound growing up and Kidd has the experience training.... hmmm -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
How I'd love to reside there @sandeman -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
What can I say @dboggs9700, everyone has a purpose on Two Spirits. -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Greetings @Charles26, what a pleasant message to awake to! Thank you, I needed that to start my day. Seeing someone grow and regain what was stolen from an assault is an amazing gift. Plus, more great thoughts and planning for our dear Jo. -
As the day drew to a close, Bass stopped in the Two Spirits office in the house to visit with the man who’d become his closest friend on the ranch. “Hey, Jake, are you done with those orders?” “Sure am, thanks.” “I saw Jaciah and Kahlid heading out with their luggage. Is everything alright?” “They got an emergency call about a ranch in trouble, and the horses there are suffering. My spirit fathers are never ones to turn down helping equines in need. So, they’re going to see about
- 16 comments
-
- 22
-
-
-
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Thank you @sandeman, I've really been looking forward to Jo getting a chance to shine with his harmonica. The real life individuals mixed togeether to create Jo were incredible human beings. In my heart, I wished for each one to find a special place in life. Frank and Rhett, they certainly get a lot of attention and as much as we'd all like to see them leap forward, I must confess to enjoying their slow, shy dance. Of course, poor Rhett might combust from the wait. 😉 -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Thank you, thank you, thank you, @drsawzall! That video hit right where it should, with tears and a gut clench, suddenly bringing so many memories to the forefront and feeling not so long ago. Anyone who hasn't visited the Vietnam Memorial Wall and has the opportunity to, it is truly stunning and a memorable experience. If there is a name of someone close, you might wish to take along a piece of blank paper and pencil or other implement to allow for making a rubbing. Even if no one there is known personally, it's still a remarkable remembrance. https://www.nps.gov/vive/index.htm Incredible song you've shared @drsawzall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5vi9ir49g We honor all brothers and sisters in arms. -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Indeed @Wiyot, however, any guesses as to how spicy??? 😉 -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
That's it, coffee spewed everywhere. Oh well, time to do laundry anyway; I'm just relieved I have a clean shirt and not just a pair of tiny shorts! -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Now you're really showing off @Summerabbacat! I can hear Rhett pleading Give It Up! Yeah, that Boogie Man at some point won't be able to help but Give It Up. 😉🤣 -
Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 29 ~ Brothers in Arms ~
Oh come on now, Shake Your Booty to Keep It Comin' Love too? You're killing me here @Summerabbacat!
