Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,898
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. Ronyx

    Chapter 25

    I slept like a baby all night. Dad came into the family room before he went to work to check on me. I opened my eyes when he entered. “How are you, Son?” he asked as he approached the bed. I sat up and told him how well I slept. When he asked if I was in any pain, I lifted my arm, moved it slightly and replied, “Not much.” He handed me a glass of water and some pills and told me to take them. Just then my mother entered and asked me if I wanted her to make me anything for breakfast. I
  2. Ronyx

    Chapter 24

    @NimirRaj This was actually done intentionally to prove a point that neither Jack or Jeff are really ready for a committed relationship. They say one thing, then do another. It just shows how immature they are on the matter and their emotions are all over the place.
  3. Ronyx

    Chapter 24

    Can my life get more complicated? I’m not sure what is going on anymore, as if I understood it before today. I’m arguing with my mother. Jeff likes me and wants us to be a couple. Tracy wants both of us to be friends with benefits. And now Jimmy. I’m not sure what is going on inside his head. We’ve always been best friends, and except for that time we messed around when we were about twelve, we’ve never shown any interest in each other. Even when I was beginning to realize I am gay, I never
  4. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    Jimmy rushed out of the house when my mother entered. I think he was afraid that she would question him about staying with me while she was gone. Jimmy doesn’t hide his feelings very easily, and he probably thought he might ‘confess’ what he had done to me. She entered the family room and approached. “Did you take your afternoon medication?” she asked. I sat up and told her that I had forgotten. I know my face flushed thinking why I had forgotten. She gave me a puzzled look and left the roo
  5. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    “I can’t believe I’m finally going home!” My father smiled at me as he attempted to help me put on a pair of loose sweatpants. They appeared to be about two sizes larger than what I normally wear. “We can do this better if you’d stand,” he insisted as he helped me off the bed. He reached down and tugged the pants to my waist. “Now let’s see if we can get this shirt on without as much trouble.” I lifted my arms, and he helped me put it on. After a little struggle, it managed to slip over the
  6. Ronyx

    Chapter 21

    I see. I didn't mean to imply that he didn't know what happened. Like any one seeing someone in a cast, they would be curious what had been broken and the extent of their injury.
  7. Ronyx

    Chapter 21

    I had to go back and reread to make sure I didn't mess up. I think you misread the beginning. Jack asked Jimmy why he was there. His first question was how are you feeling. Jimmy was remorseful when he entered, and you're right, he didn't know what to say.
  8. Ronyx

    Chapter 21

    “Jack?” Jimmy spoke softly. “Are you awake?” “Yeah,” I replied as I sat up in bed. I asked skeptically, “Why are you here?” He stepped further into the room and asked if it was okay to enter. “Sure, I suppose,” I replied. I couldn’t understand why he had come to see me. He was the last person I thought would visit me. He approached the bed and asked nervously, “How are you feeling?” He was trembling so badly that I thought he might fall. “I’ve felt better,” I replied. I didn’t kn
  9. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    Actually, I was never around when she watched them. There was a strict rule that she wasn't to be disturbed. Even when she was in a nursing home, my sister and I never visited until after four when her last soap opera was over. We also knew never to call her because she wouldn't answer the phone. She was afraid she would miss something important. Yeah, right.
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    @droughtquake It is absolutely crazy here with the coronavirus emergency. The governor has literally brought the state to a standstill. Schools, colleges, libraries, theaters, everything is closed. Then, just hours ago, he ordered that all restaurants and bars be closed except for takeout or delivery. There is nothing to do! We went to the store yesterday and there was no toilet paper or water to be found within 50 miles. Don't understand why people are hoarding toilet paper. I'll be glad when this subsides. Until then, I guess we have to take all precautions. Stay safe.
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    My mother avidly watched soap operas from noon to four everyday until the died. I never watched a minute of one. Never did understand why women was so absorbed in them. So @weinerdog the answer is no. Never got any ideas from them. haha.
  12. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    As Jack's World Turns (for those too young to know, it is a reference to a soap opera, As the World Turns from 1956- 2010- 54 years.) DQ never missed an episode. 😂
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    “Are you ready?” asked Darren. I held out my left hand and he gripped it tightly as he helped me sit up in bed. For a second I got dizzy, and I thought I might have to lie back down. “Are you alright,” he asked worriedly. “Yeah,” I assured him. “I got dizzy for a second.” “That’s normal,” the nurse standing back watching us replied. “You’ve been lying down. Sitting up suddenly can cause you to be lightheaded.” “Ready?” I nodded my head and Darren gripped my upper left arm and l
  14. Ronyx

    Chapter 19

    @Talo Segura I really appreciate the offer, Talo, but many of the readers here know that I have maintained my personal website for many years. I don't write for GA, but I'm a classic author, and I post my stories here as well as several other sites. I don't advertise my site because I would prefer that readers have the enjoyment of reading my stories here as I post them. In fact, many who read my stories on my site reread them here. (And I greatly appreciate that they don't provide spoilers!!!)
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 19

    @Talo Segura You're right. I do all my writing and editing. I'm just an amateur writer, and I never claim to be anything more. I have a large fan base, and I depend on them to let me know when I make a serious error (thanks @droughtquake) Besides, I don't think most readers even notice or overlook it. As for publishing, I don't think that will ever happen. I don't make a penny from doing this, and I don't expect to. It's my gift to my readers. All I ask for is an occasional comment to let me know you are enjoying it. Thanks for your kind words. -Ron
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 18

    @Talo Segura Maybe it is different in many places, but the hospitals here bring around a menu the night before and you can select what you want to eat the next day if it is an extended stay. They bring it on a covered dish, and it is edible.
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 19

    Jeff’s parents had to return to work, but they agreed to let Jeff stay with me. I guess it wasn’t agreeing as much as it was getting tired of listening to his whining. They wanted him to go to school, but he insisted that he wouldn’t be able to concentrate because of what happened to me. “It will be just a big waste of time,” he complained. “Please let me stay with Jack today.” My father assured them he would bring him home later. My mother and father sat with me, but I was becoming uncomfor
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 18

    “Relax, Jack,” Tracy assured me. “I’m holding you.” I looked down and saw a warm glow emanating from around my foot. “Stand on your toes,” said Tracy. “I can’t,” I cried as I tried to balance myself. I looked past my foot and could see the earth shining below. I began to wobble, and Tracy put his arm around my waist to steady me. “You can do it,” he assured me as I attempted to balance myself on my toes. “Now close your eyes,” he whispered softly. “Feel the warmth around you.” I close
  19. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    I sat on the side of Tracy’s bed, and Jeff sat beside me and held my hand. “Is there anything I can do?” he asked worriedly. “Yeah,” I replied angrily. “Find me a new mother.” “What is wrong with her?” he asked. “Mom and Dad said she seemed alright after they talked to her Saturday.” “I don’t know why she’s acting like this,” I said. “It isn’t even like her.” Jeff suggested, “She must have a reason.” I shrugged my shoulder and replied, “I don’t know what it is.”
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    “Dad?” He stood in the doorway looking down at me. Mrs. Alexander said, “Please, Mr. Woolery, come in and have a seat.” Tracy took another seat as my father sat beside me. He looked at the side of my face and asked, “Are you hurt, Son?” “I don’t think so,” I replied as I felt the side of my face. Mrs. Armstrong responded quickly, “The nurse is on her way to check for any serious injuries.” My father turned and noticed that Tracy had also been hit. He asked him if h
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    When we arrived home, I didn’t see Stephanie’s car in the driveway. I remembered her telling me when we were eating pizza that she and Darren had to head back to the university. They both had classes early Monday morning. I wish they could have spent another night because I didn’t want to spend it alone with Mom and Dad. Dad wasn’t going to be a problem. He seemed to accept that I was gay. He even embarrassed me about locking the door when Tracy and I make out. My face still turns red when
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 14

    After we got dressed, I walked over to the window and looked across the street. Since it had been over an hour since the ‘intervention’ began, I wondered what was happening inside. I could imagine Mom, Dad, Stephanie, Darren, Mr. and Mrs. Craft and Mr. and Mrs. Munson sitting around the dining room table talking about me. The odds seemed favorable to me. It was six against two. Then again, it could be seven against one- my mother. After seeing the horrified look on her face when she saw me
  23. Ronyx

    Chapter 1

    In this story, I was attempting to write an inspirational story for the holidays, expressing human kindness in an often unkind world. I appreciate all your wonderful comments, and I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. -Ron
  24. It was late. Evan looked at the clock on the wall. 11:32. Normally, the restaurant closed at eleven, but traffic had been busy. Customers kept strolling in after a college basketball game. “Mr. Humphrey’s!” Evan hollered out. “Can we lock up?” Mr. Humphreys, the manager, looked at the clock and hollered back, “Let’s wait until midnight.” Evan exhaled deeply. He had been standing over a hot grill for over eight hours. He had reluctantly taken the job at the restaurant when his best fr
  25. A wealthy business discovers the meaning of Christmas because of the generosity of a young employee.
×
×
  • Create New...