Jump to content

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,898
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. Darius kissed me again. I don’t think he was even aware that anyone else was in the room. Tears filled his eyes as he looked down worriedly at me. “Are you hurt badly?” he asked as he brushed back my hair. “I’m okay,” I assured him as I glanced over at my mother and father. Dad was smiling, but Mom had a concerned look on her face. Pastor Moore and his wife stepped up to the bed. Darius’ mother took his arm and held him. “We heard what happened,” said Pastor Moore as he looked over at
  2. Before leaving his room, Darius stopped at the door, turned and asked, “Do I look okay?” I kissed him and replied, “You look great.” “No,” he stammered, “Dad won’t be able to tell what we’ve done, will he?” I giggled and said, “I promise I won’t tell.” He looked at my hair and told me to fix it. I stepped over and looked in a mirror. It was slightly messy. I used my fingers to comb it into place, turned and asked him how I looked. He still appeared very nervous. “Are you okay
  3. Sheila walked up to the table and took Darius’ order. When she left, he said to Myles, “You could have waited for me to get here before you ordered.” “I’m hungry,” replied Myles as he rubbed his stomach. “Besides, we didn’t know how long you would be in your meeting. What was it about?” Darius looked at me and replied, “We’re trying to decide how to get Andrews and that Sheriff Morgan fired. Andrews will be easy since we have the tape, but it might be harder to get Morgan.” He took a s
  4. I awoke early the next morning. It was Monday, and I hadn’t been in school for several days. I knew Nettleman would be waiting for me to do something again. I had attended school for twelve years, and I had never once been in trouble. Now, Nettleman would be watching me so he could suspend me again. I had to be careful. I would be graduating in a few months, and I had to keep my grades up. I still had my application in at a couple of universities, and I couldn’t risk a bad report on my record.
  5. As I backed out of Darius’ driveway, he watched and smiled. He waved as I headed down the street. He had kissed me. I should have been excited, but instead I was filled with fear. I realized that kiss could drastically change my life. My world wasn’t ready to accept that. My mother and father would approve, although it would come with a list of caveats. Other than Natalie and a few friends who attended the meeting tonight, no one else would approve. And I know very little about Darius. His
  6. Thank you, Cia, for featuring 'Stuff People Do' this month. This is an important story about gay conversion therapy. I heard from readers from all over the world who had experienced it. Perhaps, it happened to someone here at GA. I'll be following this post, and if anyone has any comments or questions, feel free to jump in. -Ronyx
  7. Darius got mad when Sheila brought the bill to our table and set it down. “Oh, no you don’t,” he said as he gripped my hand when I reached for it. I gave him a pleading look and said, “I really don’t mind. Please let me do this.” “It’s okay with me,” said Myles as he snapped his fingers. He looked at Darius and smiled. “I was going to ask you to pay for mine anyway. I’m a little low on cash right now.” “What did you do?” laughed Latasha. “Buy a new purse?” Myles smiled and re
  8. Ronyx

    Chapter 2

    Thank you, Canuk, for your comments. What I was trying to do in the final paragraph was to explain that I had experienced what I am writing. It is easier to believe from a Black author, but I guess I was concerned that readers would think 'He's white. What does he know?' To use a slang term, it gives me cred.
  9. Ronyx

    Chapter 9

    I awoke in the morning late. Since I didn’t have to attend school, there wasn’t a reason to get up early. The house was empty when I went downstairs. It was almost eleven, so instead of breakfast, I decided on eating lunch. I found some ham slices from the deli, and there was also a chunk of Swiss cheese hidden in the crisper. After removing a package of rye bread from the cabinet, I had the makings for a ham and Swiss sandwich. I loaded it with plenty of mayonnaise. Retrieving a liter of Pepsi
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 8

    To say I was angry when I left school would be an understatement. Dan, Jeremy, Stephen and I had been late coming back from lunch numerous times this year. In fact, just two weeks ago, Nettleman watched us enter about ten minutes late and escorted us to class. He jokingly warned us not to get senioritis too early. Now, I was on his shit list. Anything I did the rest of the year would be monitored; and if I broke any school rules, he would find some reason to suspend me. I couldn’t afford it
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    “Come on,” said Darius as he exited the car. “You’ll love this place.” I got out and trailed behind him. I was extremely nervous. I had never been to a Black restaurant before. In fact, I had rarely seen a Black person in a Somerset restaurant. Darius turned and grabbed my arm, pulling me inside. The restaurant was filled with people. Loud music was blaring from speakers overhead. As we made our way to the back, Darius stopped at several tables and high-fived the people sitting there.
  12. Ronyx

    Chapter 6

    @weinerdog Talk about bad timing. Two days before we were to leave, my husband and I had a breakthrough case of Covid. We took all the precautions: we were vaxxed and boosted. Thankfully, we had only mild cases- sore throats, slight fever and runny noses. We recovered in a few days, but we still isolated ourselves for a week. So instead of enjoying a deserved vacay, we stayed home. Stay safe everyone.
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 6

    I woke up around five the next morning because I was worried about school. I hadn’t spoken to anyone since school let out the day before. I had ignored my friends’ emails and text messages before my phone was confiscated. Then, yesterday I got a new phone, and I hadn’t called anyone. I was afraid that they might be mad at me. Mom and Dad were in the kitchen when I entered. Dad was reading the morning newspaper as he always does before going to his office. He looked up when I sat down. “Morn
  14. Ronyx

    Chapter 5

    We pulled out of the parking lot, and Dad slowed down again as we passed the protesters across the street from the school. I noticed a local news van parked nearby. Dad pulled over and stopped the car. “What are you doing?” I asked. He replied, “I want to hear what they have to say.” I hesitated a moment before I exited the car and followed behind him. There was an older man standing on a makeshift platform talking into a bullhorn. It appeared to me that about 100 people were stan
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 4

    This is true here in the US. As I have mentioned, my husband is black. He comes from a large family where members have different skin tones. He is darker than some, and his mother had a very light complexion. I've heard the term 'high yellow' numerous times when referring to his mother. There is also a stigma to those who have a very dark or a black complexion. If you look at black models or actors/actresses, most have a lighter skin tone.
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 4

    “Parker!” I was awakened when my father hollered upstairs. I glanced quickly at the clock. It was 10:26. I went to the door and yelled, “Yeah, Dad? What do you want?” “Come downstairs,” he insisted, and then added, “And bring your phone.” I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was angry. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. I stopped when I reached the bottom and noticed Chief Morgan standing in the entry with a smug look on his face. I looked at my father and asked, “
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 3

    @erik baggeIt is difficult for you to understand the depth of racism in the U.S. because Sweden never enslaved another race of people for almost 250 years.
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 3

    @weinerdog I enjoy reading your comments. Make them as long as you like.
  19. Ronyx

    Chapter 3

    I entered my house and slammed the door shut. I was furious over what I had seen earlier. I was also angry that the police officer had confiscated my phone. He said I could pick it up tomorrow, but I wouldn’t have my phone tonight. If they don’t give me my phone back, they’ll have to arrest me because I’m going to burn down the police precinct if they don’t. I went upstairs to my room and turned on my computer. After changing from my school clothes into a pair of sweats, I sat down at my co
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 2

    “Are you coming, Parker?” hollered out Pete when the bell rang at the end of fourth period. I hadn’t heard a word that Mr. Snyder, my geology teacher, had said. When we entered, he had handed us a sheet with a diagram of the earth’s crust, so I’m assuming he lectured about it. I just hope we don’t have a pop quiz on it tomorrow to see if we were paying attention. If he does, I’ll fail it. Lunch follows fourth period. I’m glad we eat later. Last year during my junior year, we ate after third
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 1

    @Clancy59 I would give this post a hundred loves if I could. Kids do get it.
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 1

    Warning: Before you begin reading Finding Good Trouble, you should be aware that this story will deal with the sensitive topics of racism and racial injustice. It is a gay romance story involving an interracial couple. It will be political in nature, and there may be times when you may feel uncomfortable with some of the terminology. Please don't read if this offends you. “Come on, Parker.” My friend, Pete Herschel, was pulling on my arm as he tried to drag me away. “Wait, Pete,
  23. Parker Frazier attends Somerset High School, a suburban white school. Over the weekend, a fight breaks out during a basketball game against an inner-city school. Tempers flared, and racial epithets were shouted. On Monday, protesters appeared outside the school. One young man caught Parker's attention. While driving home after school, he witnessed a police officer brutally arrest the young man he saw earlier that morning. Parker videotaped it with his phone and posted it on Facebook. He was not prepared for what happened next.
  24. Ronyx

    Chapter 25

    Thanks, Everyone, for making Stuff People Do one of the top recommended stories at GA for the month of November.
  25. Ronyx

    Chapter 25

    @drsawzall No! Not a scene from Oliver. That isn't playing fair! 😠
×
×
  • Create New...