-
Posts
1,897 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Ronyx
-
After I went to sleep, I had the strangest dream. Normally, I don’t remember my dreams; however, tonight’s I remember vividly. In fact, I woke up in a sweat, shaking violently and clutching my legs to my chest. In the dream I was a kite, and I was flying high above the ground. At first it was really beautiful, looking at the clear blue sky above and the green grass below. Then I noticed the string that was holding me up, and I followed its path downward. There stood Shaun, holding a stick w
- 11 comments
-
- 53
-
-
-
-
Yeah, @droughtquake Listen to PS. 😝
-
You've been with me through the years, Chris, when I first started. You know I love you, right? -Ron
-
It all started out so ordinary. The two of us were just sitting on his bed, listening to some music coming from his stereo on the book shelf. He had it up kind of loud, and his mother had hollered up to us several times to “turn that damn music down!” We would look at each other and giggle. We would play it softly for several minutes, and before long it was blasting away again. Hey, we’re only 16, like we’re not going to play our music loud. I swear, sometimes I think parents forget what it was
- 13 comments
-
- 53
-
-
-
-
-
Gary gets outed at school by his best friend. After his mother discovers his 'secret,' will he still be the apple of her eye? Find out as Gary discovers love, friendship, understanding and forgiveness in this heart-felt story.
-
Roses Are Blue Violets Are Red
Ronyx commented on Black Paper's story chapter in Roses Are Blue Violets Are Red
Wow! You created the story on an iPhone? I'm impressed. It's a really good start, Asher. Two very interesting characters, and I'll be interested in seeing where you take it. I agree with GanemedeRex. There were spelling and grammatical errors, but with proper editing these can be corrected. You exhibit a very promising writing talent that will only get better with each chapter. Congratulations! -
That wasn't me. I told them to go with Over the Moon...MOO!!!!! 🐄🐄🐄
-
Thanks, PS. When I began writing, one of the first people to write me was a reader with Asperger's. He was an interesting fellow, and we became good friends for many years. At the time, I had never heard of AS. I did some research so I could better understand him.
-
@Page Scrawler No!!!! LOL. Actually, one of the things that motivated me to attempt to write over 12 years ago was a story I read online about a disabled teen. I was moved so much by it that a few months later I wrote my first story. I've always resisted writing about a disabled person because I don't think I can relate. I've never had experience with a disabled family member or friend. Several years ago, a blind college student wrote and asked me if I could write about a blind person. At first, I declined because I didn't think I could relate. However, a year earlier my nephew was involved in a serious car accident and lost an eye. Through that experience I was able to write Down a Darkened Path. I agree that disabled people should appear in more stories, but I'm sure that someone disabled or is the caretaker for a disabled person could write a much better story than I could. (Although I did end one of my stories with a teen who became disabled, but it appeared only briefly in the last chapter.)
-
I went straight to my room when I got home. I didn’t want to be anywhere near Dad. It’s an awful feeling to dislike someone who you’re supposed to love. Dad and I had never really been close. Jon was always his favorite son. Now that he’s getting older, Dad is starting to turn his attention to Glenn. Me? I’ve just always been caught in the middle. But now, I was starting to not like him. Hate is too strong a word. I’ve never understood why he didn’t give me the same attention he gave Jon.
- 29 comments
-
- 34
-
-
-
@droughtquake I have actually started a new story. It's taking forever to write, but at least I'm giving it a try. My muse is broken, but not gone.
-
Thanks Asher, but I don't eat desserts. How about a nice fruit salad instead? 😋
-
No one was home when I entered. “Mom?” I hollered out, just to make sure. I then made my way upstairs to my bedroom. I stopped at the door and peered into the room. My computer was missing. I hurried back downstairs to look for it. It wasn’t in the family room or kitchen. I then went back upstairs and looked in Glenn’s room. It was on a table next to his bed. A stack of my video games was beside it. “This isn’t right!” I shouted out as I walked over and collected my games. My parents
- 24 comments
-
- 31
-
-
-
-
-
-
Pastor Sparks led Lucas and me down a narrow hall to what appeared to be a conference room. The wall facing the hallway was made of glass with thin blinds. The blinds were opened, so anyone walking past could see us. Lucas’s father had us sit down at a long table, and he scooted a seat beside his son. There was a briefcase opposite us, so I assumed that was where Detective Davis would sit. We waited for about five minutes for her to arrive. She entered, smiled at us and then took a seat. “
- 13 comments
-
- 31
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thank you for sharing a wonderful story, GanymedeRex -Ron
-
Lucas kissed me! As I followed him down the narrow hall to the kitchen, I put my hand to my lips. The lips that Lucas had just put his lips on. It was so quick, I’m not even sure he meant to do it. Nevertheless, Lucas did kiss me. It must have meant something. It wasn’t just a kiss- was it? It couldn’t have been one of those your grandmother gives you at Christmas. He must have felt something- right? After all, isn’t that what a kiss is? I mean, if you think about it, it is just some
- 12 comments
-
- 35
-
-
-
-
-
-
You're so right, dq. How forgetful of me.
-
My hand trembled as I took the phone. By the look on Ross’s face, I was pretty sure what was on it. I was right. It was the picture Brandon had shown me in class. Lucas grabbed the phone from my hand. “Is this you?” He looked over at me with an astonished look on his face. Ross reached down and took the phone from him. “I wish that son of a bitch had been in school today,” he sneered. “How did you know it was me?” I asked nervously. Ross hit a button on his phone and handed it back
- 18 comments
-
- 35
-
-
-
-
-
Jon was already out of bed when I awoke. I took a quick shower, dressed and then sat on the edge of my bed before heading downstairs. I knew today was going to be a big day. Things couldn’t go on much longer without something happening. Enough had already occurred, but it was probably just the tip of the iceberg, as I’ve heard my mother say when things could get worse. I lay awake most of the night deciding what to do. There seemed to be no way out of this easily, but I knew I had to talk
- 10 comments
-
- 30
-
-
-
-
-
“What is this shit?” Jon shouted again. I handed the phone back to him, afraid to look into his angry face. “What is your dick doing on my phone?” “It’s not me,” I answered, knowing he wouldn’t believe me. “Yes, it is,” replied Jon. “I’ve seen your dick enough to know what it looks like. Jesus, Woody, what have you been doing?” “I ain’t been doing nothing.” I got off the bed and sat down at my computer. Jon followed behind me. “You still haven’t told me why I’ve got a pic
- 8 comments
-
- 33
-
-
-
-
-
-
God, I was in a mess and I didn’t know where to turn. I was too upset to ride home with Dad. He would surely notice that I had been crying, and he would want to know why. I went into a restroom and sat down in a stall. I buried my head in my hands, trying to figure out how to get out of the mess I was in. There was absolutely no one to whom I could tell what was happening. Mr. Dewberry was holding all the aces. He knew he was protected. If I told on him, then I’d have to out myself. I wou
- 5 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
-
-
Mom had dinner on the table when I arrived. Everyone was sitting down as I walked in the back door. “I thought you were going to be late,” Mom exclaimed as I sat down. She had Glenda say grace. She blessed the food, and then asked for help on a math test she was taking tomorrow. I was reaching for some mashed potatoes when Dad asked, “What is the name of your pretty, little girlfriend?” My face immediately began to redden. Jon peered over at me. “You got a girlfriend? Since when?”
- 15 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
-
Maybe Lucas sings like this:
-
@droughtquake I think I'll write a sequel featuring Lucas and Darth Vader. Then their son can be Luke Skywalker. @Page Scrawler I share your love for Libera. Here's my Christmas favorite:
-
Point taken. Poor choice of words. What Woody is experiencing shouldn't be enjoyed. Anxiety and nervousness would best describe it. Thanks @droughtquake
