Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Suitable for all ages.

Twinks in Space: Destination Unknown - Part One - 13. Chapter 13 - The Devastator

Pirates!

“We are in orbit above the planet, admiral,” the pilot stated.

“And sir,” the communications officer added, “I have confirmation that the Devastator is on its landing approach.”

The admiral did not move or respond.

The Devastator was a military astro-frigate that the pirates had hijacked years earlier. The commandeered vessel was heavily armored, and they retrofitted it with supplemental weapons that suited their violent needs. It was headed for Boullia Bay.

The communications officer continued. “Sir, nine minutes until it arrives at docking platform…”

Admiral,” the weapons officer yelled, “the Devastator is being targeted by a ground weapon with a signature I don’t recognize! Something on the planet is about to attack!”

The admiral looked over at the man. “Bring it up on the main screen.”

The large digital display in front of the crew flashed to life with a clear image of the other ship moving through the lower atmosphere. A white beam of energy appeared with a flash and pierced straight through it, and the Devastator erupted in flames. It began spinning out of control until it hit the roiling surface of the waves and exploded.

“S-sir,” the weapons officer stuttered, “we’ve been targeted and we’re being hailed.”

“I’ve lost control of our comms, sir!” the communications officer blurted out in dismay.

The screen now flashed with the image of a man the admiral did not recognize. He rose from his command chair and raged, “Who the fuck do…”

The man on the screen held up a 10 second timer that blinked to 9… 8…

“You’re being targeted for destruction,” the man stated as the device continued counting down, 7… 6… 5…

What do you want?” the Admiral yelled.

The man stopped the timer on 4 and said, “My name is Lyoth. This isn’t about what I want, though; this is about what you want. You understand what’s been happening down here for the past two days. You may not know all the details, but you wouldn’t be here right now if you didn’t comprehend the gravity of this situation.” Lyoth paused. “Now, admiral, what is it that you want?”

“I want to rip you to pieces,” the man growled.

“While that may be true,” Lyoth replied, “and you might enjoy the experience, I don’t think you’d make it to me before this timer reaches zero.” Lyoth’s voice was an even timbre, and he spoke as if casually chatting with a neighbor. “You saw what happened to your… well, they weren’t friends, were they.” It was not a question. “Anyway, you saw what happened to their piece of shit vessel. So, think hard, admiral, which I recognize is difficult for you, but really try.” Lyoth did not crack any type of expression as he spoke. “What do you want?”

The admiral looked around at his men.

“They don’t have the answer for you.”

The admiral glared at the screen.

“It doesn’t feel good to be so vulnerable, does it?” Lyoth asked.

“I want you to leave the planet.”

On the screen, Lyoth’s face looked curious. “How interesting, that’s also something that I was hoping for. However, again, I don’t think that’ll happen before this reaches zero and you die in the horrible crushing vacuum of space.”

The admiral took a breath and said, “Why don’t you tell me what I want.”

“Ah-ha, now we’re getting somewhere,” Lyoth replied. “Since we have control of your communications, we will be sending out a message from your ship to every single contact in your databanks. They will be told that you’ve lost this planet and your failure has resulted in your capture and trial. You’re also informing everyone how vicious the locals have become, and that they will no longer stand for anyone ruling them except themselves.”

“What’s to stop me from simply opening fire on the city?” the admiral interrupted.

“That’s definitely a possibility,” Lyoth answered, “but since the citizens of Boullia Bay are so used to being attacked by you, that wouldn’t be anything new. Plus,” he added, “you still have to contend with the timer.” Lyoth waved it at the pirates. He turned away so that he was no longer looking at them but still on their screen. “You’ve got confirmation that it’s been sent?” Lyoth asked someone the pirates could not see.

Admiral,” the communications officer yelped, “they did it! They sent a mass message from us…” he hesitated as his eyes quickly scanned the rest of the text. “Oh, gods,” he whispered.

“What?” The Admiral barked. “What is it?”

The communications officer‘s face was ashen. He looked up at the admiral. “It says we’ve been executed, sir.”

The last thing that the admiral or any of the pirates experienced was the man on the screen saying the words, “Open fire,” and then there was nothing.

Bye-bye, pirates...
2023
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
What's coming next?!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, I am sure that he Admiral and probably even most of the pirates deserved the horrible deaths that came to them.  But did all of them?  What if there were prisoners aboard either of the ships that the natives destroyed?  An eye for an eye, just leaves everyone blind eventually.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, rick43402 said:

It's a great story!  I like how Lyoth is a vicious bastard when needed.  I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank you! I'm so thrilled that you're enjoying it! Chapter 14 will be live at 1am PST 💀

  • Love 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, centexhairysub said:

Okay, I am sure that he Admiral and probably even most of the pirates deserved the horrible deaths that came to them.  But did all of them?  What if there were prisoners aboard either of the ships that the natives destroyed?  An eye for an eye, just leaves everyone blind eventually.

If they're anything like pirates of old, they don't typically take prisoners. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

I have to think of what is happening is not so dissimilar to taking antibiotics to recover from a nasty flue or other infection...

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..