Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 145 Words
  • 812 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Foolproofed - 6. Chapter 6 The Rest

Day 29

Patience invites the impetuous to rest their head on a soft, fragrant pillow, and runs cool, soothing hands through their hair.

Patience trickles life’s nectar on their tongue to savor.

(the quality of patience)

Day 30

A serious poet poets with sense,

structures with rhymes, lines, meter, and stanza,

improves the meaning of poems immense

by using lots, lots of hot, hot... java.

 

This spring poet was inspired by season,

fueled by balmy breezes on the skin,

impelled by warm rays of a brighter sun,

and Vivaldi's bird calls by violin.

(Errata Prompt)

 

Plus One

Night slips out of her velvet cape

and slings it playfully at the Brocken,

the air is charged with magic,

anticipation raises every hair,

hands grip broomsticks firmly,

skirts and blouses billow in the wind

a silent signal and—

 

Walpurgisnacht is on!

(unprompted)

Thank you for reading my poems one last time. This year's NaPoWriMo is over.
It has been a perfect way to celebrate spring. I had fun, as I wanted. I hope you did too.
Take a look at the other participants's work, if you haven't already done that. There are great poems to discover.
If all goes well, till next year.
aditus
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

You ended the month on a real high note.  I love the senses invoked in 'patience'.  The errata prompt made me giggle.  The last one brings me with her on the broomstick.  Until next year, my friend :hug:  :kiss: 

Link to comment

I love your take on the quality of patience. I was happy to be able to read and enjoy the month of poems within the actual month. Thank you!

Link to comment

These last three were lovely! Each in turn delighted me. I really liked your take on Patience. The errata prompt was playful on my ear. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for these: too soon, April ended. 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

You ended the month on a real high note.  I love the senses invoked in 'patience'.  The errata prompt made me giggle.  The last one brings me with her on the broomstick.  Until next year, my friend :hug:  :kiss: 

Thank you, Val. We had fun right? :hug:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

These last three were lovely! Each in turn delighted me. I really liked your take on Patience. The errata prompt was playful on my ear. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for these: too soon, April ended. 

So glad, you liked the forgotten three. 

April ended, but there will be another April next year, and poems will swarm again. Thank you for reading my poems and sharing your thoughts, Parker.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, aditus said:

Thank you, Val. We had fun right? :hug:

:yes:  Definitely 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..