Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 542 Words
  • 530 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Foolproofed - 4. Week 3

Foolproofed-Week 3

Day 15

I was like the needle in a compass carried through the forest by

an orienteer with a thumping heart,

you,

I pointed us firmly north,

nothing deterred me on our way in the right direction,

uneven ground, rivers, rocks and fallen trees, obstacles appearing out of nowhere,

nothing.

Then a pole shift happened.

Now you lead us.

Going South, somehow feels like going downhill.

(Let’s start our poems today with a Tranströmer epigraph, [and finish with a Tolkienish quote].😉)

 

Day 16

Rain water collects on the tarpaulin covering the pool. Decaying leaves hide the bottom of the pool’s pool.

The only thing that disturbs the surface is a bird taking a bath.

I am caught in a drop flying away from its soggy feathers.

The only thing I can think of when my sphere breaks, is that I came from the impossible:

a squared circle.

(Tranströmer form imitation exercise)

 

Day 17

On the way to work—

 

Monday’s me got distracted by a butterfly,

followed until it reached a field of flowers,

stood still and admired the view.

 

Tuesday’s me saw water gleaming silvery in the distance,

followed a road until it ended at a riverbank covered by reeds,

inhaled and sneezed.

 

Wednesday’s me fell asleep on the train,

dreamed of masks hanging on a clothesline until the car rattled over a switch,

startled awake and missed the right station.

 

Thursday’s me skipped the stairs,

took the elevator instead and stepped off on the wrong floor,

happily landing on the rooftop.

 

Friday’s me forgot to lock the bike,

came back to a yawning emptiness,

spent the rest of the day at the police station,

and drank too much coffee.

(Detour Prompt)

 

Day 18

And then their dog Rocket leaps higher than the moon,

crashes and makes a crater.

He digs a large hole later

to bury a coon,

under a whole alligator.

This grammar lesson is over soon.

The homonym nonsense too.

(Grammar)

 

Day 19

The season fades from green-yellow into red-blue in June,

when currants become plump and firm, ready to be picked,

strawberries almost burst from stored sunlight,

and ripe raspberries sway in the gentle breeze,

then bramble waits to be conquered beside the other well-fortified bushes, the gooseberries,

and finally,

the blueberries wait eagerly to be mixed with pancake batter or dropped into muffin tins.

Berry delight.

(Berry poem)

 

Day 20

She is a graceful dancer,

a silent entity of eternity,

moving indefinitely through eons,

from past through present to the future.

The faster she pirouettes the slower she drifts through the fourth dimension.

(About Time)

 

Day 21

The cursor blinks, waiting for digits to be entered.

Where to go? When to go?

Berlin during the Weimar Republic?

The Attic democracy?

Do I want to applaud when chests of tea land in the Boston harbor?

Meet a real samurai, perhaps...

See the Uluru 550 million years ago?

Oh! Dinosaurs!

Or even better, standing at the banks of the primordial soup watching proteins assemble.

What about the future five thousand years ahead?

 

Or—I stay in the present, where I belong.

No hassle with the much-invoked time paradox this way.

(Time machine)

Thank you for reading my poems. Any reaction is very welcome. :)
aditus
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I really enjoyed this week's selection.  I particularly like the strawberries bursting with sunlight and the time machine waiting for input.  Definitely dinosaurs ;)  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I really enjoyed this week's selection.  I particularly like the strawberries bursting with sunlight and the time machine waiting for input.  Definitely dinosaurs ;)  

Thank you, Val! I can't wait for the berry summer to start. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I enjoyed the two time related poems, and the April 20 poem in particular: a silent entity of eternity is a wonderful line. Your grammar lesson made me smile. Like @Valkyrie my mouth waters at your berry poem. Your detour was excellent, as it drew me onward, deeper in to reading. Thanks for all of these! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

The last three were my favorites. I like how you paint time, and strawberries bursting with stored sunlight makes me smile--and my mouth water. I would go back to the time I first held my precious daughter in my arms... that feeling....

  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I enjoyed the two time related poems, and the April 20 poem in particular: a silent entity of eternity is a wonderful line. Your grammar lesson made me smile. Like @Valkyrie my mouth waters at your berry poem. Your detour was excellent, as it drew me onward, deeper in to reading. Thanks for all of these! 

I'm glad you enjoyed those two, they are the result of some new vistas of time I found. Thank you, Parker. :)

  • Love 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Headstall said:

The last three were my favorites. I like how you paint time, and strawberries bursting with stored sunlight makes me smile--and my mouth water. I would go back to the time I first held my precious daughter in my arms... that feeling....

Thank you, Gary. I'm sure that is one of those unrivaled moments in a father's life. :hug:

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I enjoyed these. Loved the detour in 17. #18 was funny, which grammar is maddening and anything but. Lol Berry delight indeed. 

Great poems! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I enjoyed these. Loved the detour in 17. #18 was funny, which grammar is maddening and anything but. Lol Berry delight indeed. 

Great poems! 

It makes me happy you enjoyed week 3. Don't get me started with berries, they equal summer.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..