Jump to content

Damien, the Shy Boy

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance
Damien the Shy Boy

Damien is a young, teen boy afraid of social interactions and struggling to accept his sexual orientation. Little does he know that he's about to face both his fears during the upcoming school camp...

This is my first story I started writing just because I wanted to tell a particular story from my childhood. It turned out pretty well so I decided to add a few more chapters and make it a complete story.
English is my second language and I've been told it contains some awkward sentences and word choices. Please be forgiving! Also, this story includes explicit sex scenes between minors. 
Copyright © 2020 Arch Hunter; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,163 Words
    • 4,670 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,356 Words
    • 3,990 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,561 Words
    • 3,349 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 4,219 Words
    • 3,581 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 5. Epilogue
    • 1,442 Words
    • 3,203 Views
    • 12 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SnowBear

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This was a delightful story to read, I'm just sorry it was so short! Really captures the innocence of youth and gives us a look inside the minds of two boys falling in love and figuring out what that means. 

I would love to see more of Damien and Dennis and Bartek. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the kind review! I wrote this story being in a very unique place in my life and I doubt I will ever be able to go back to this feeling and capture the same vibe and emotion. Also, I said what I wanted to say with this story and, well, the rest is history : ) But in a few years, who knows! 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Dan South

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

There is always someone greater than us and there is always someone lesser. Damien, the Shy Boy, believes himself to be lesser.

That all changes when he is befriended by someone he considers greater. Befriended might be too lesser of a word.

A repeat trip to a summer camp he dreads ends up being the best thing he couldn’t have imagined. 

Turn to Chapter One and meet Damien. It’s a grand adventure and an Author whose voice I’m sure you’ll love. Trust me …

Response from the author:

THANK YOU for your great review :) Damien is my first story and still holds a special place in my heart, even if I'd do a few things differently today (and likely ruin the story in the process!). 

  • Love 2
Link to review
and9993

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I highly recommend this story.  There's strong character development with each building to a role that is brought together at the end.

Response from the author:

Thanks so much!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
Mawgrim

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

First times stories can sometimes be boring. This one isn't. The writer has a great style and draws you along with his characters. 

Response from the author:

That's interesting because I feel like everything beyond first times and beginnings can be dull. That's why I rarely explore what happens after. If I was in Hollywood, I would be making all those "XXXXX : Origins" movies. Thanks for the review!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
IanDaniels

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Excellent story!

  • Like 4
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Well worth the time to read, a pleasant and enjoyable tale about growing up and the confusion it brings. I highly recommend this to everyone!!!

  • Like 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..