Jump to content

Reaching Xiava Corporate Galactic

   (5 reviews)
Genres: Science Fiction
Sub-genres: Soft Sci-Fi, Dystopian

With all options exhausted, it's time for Rohn Harghu to take a risk. Despite his family's negative opinions, he has decided to gamble on an odd employment opportunity. To completely uproot his life and relocate to another planet seemed normal, but to go to the newest member of the Galactic Union? Little was known about the Xiaven. Rohn aimed to change that.

Much thanks to my co-worker, Cameron, for beta-reading and assisting in developing a whole alien species with me.
Copyright © 2023 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

· Edited by Bill W

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

If you enjoy Science Fiction, and especially if you've read and enjoyed Andy Weir's book Project Hail Mary, then this is a must read for you.  Aaron Stone has opened us up to a fantastical universe of different creatures, and although I was skeptical at first that he was going to be able to pull it off, he did an outstanding job of making me believe in everything he presented.  This is a truly wondrous journey and you won't want to miss reading this intriguing short story.  

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Bill!

Always happy to burst someone's skepticism. I'm slowly but surely adding more to my little sci-fi world I've built. "Corporate Galactic" helped me break through my fear of creating such a world, and this year's anthology kicked my creativity into overdrive. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
kbois

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I really wanted to give it 4.5 stars but only because I feel you sort of thumbed your nose at Noah behind his back by naming a gaseous entity after him. Someone has to look out for him! 🤣

Just kidding. This was a unique look at new world created within the mind of Aaron Stone. It's always fun to poke around and see what he comes up with! This is an author with one of the most active imaginations here on GA. Give it a try!

Response from the author:

I mean, Noah has wanted to be a part of my stories since I started writing. Apparently, modeling Tasha from "In the Shadows" wasn't enough for him. 

Not to put his business out there, but he got his Spiderman Halloween costume today. He put this onesie one, and... It... Uh... Let's say he needs to put on some shorts or something. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Once again, the fantastic, amazing, whimsical, and yet believable talent of Aaron Stone has brilliantly shown up.  To fully appreciate this story I had to read it more than once, and some parts three or four times, though I greatly enjoyed it on first reading.

Well worth the short time it takes to read the story.  It also reminds me Robert A. Heinlein's Tunnel in the Sky, in that proper climate and atmosphere quarters had to be prepared for the humans and some of the others on the planet, and an old ST:TOS (Star Trek: The Original Series) episode where there was a being called The Companion.  However, this story was far better presented than that ST:TOS episode.

Response from the author:

Thanks for reviewing, Paul!

Whimsical, eh? Take that, @kbois! I'm adding that to my list of preferred adjectives. 

To have this story compared to Star Trek honors me, regardless of episode. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Sherye Story Reader

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This Sci fy story is a must read for anyone like me who love this kind of story. Interesting on how the different races can reproduce. That brings me to another topic....can you add more chapters after the story review? I hope so!!!

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, SR!

Unfortunately, I can't add more chapters to an anthology submission. However, I do have another "Corporate Galactic" universe installment in the works. Only a few chapters in the writing and there are already a few recognizable names. I'll definitely be able to squeeze in a Xiava/Xiavan mention along the way. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a bit of fun and funny sci-fi fluff!  What do you get when you cross a blue blob and a nerd?  Just read this story created by the outrageous imagination of Aaron, the author!  A very delightful tale I can highly recommend.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Raven! 

Not my first time writing blue blobs, albeit Zaltho was slightly more animated than the Xiaven. 

You say outrageous. Kbois would say insane, possibly outright wack.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..