Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 5,517 Words
  • 3,978 Views
  • 40 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rising in the Shadows - 12. Chapter 12: Lurking Lycan

Silence filled the room. Mason and Tierney’s eyes met for a moment, trying to deduce what the young Alpha meant in his statement. Cyrus squinted his eyes as he spoke up, “Alpha Bolton, could you elaborate for us?”

Vincent kept his voice cold, “This man is not my ally, despite him being a council member to an allied pack.” The small man kept his unwavering gaze on Wagner, “I’ll only help him if his life depends on it. Outside of that one stipulation, I don’t recognize him as a respected lycan. His actions could have damaged a healthy pack relationship, regardless of whether he knew who I was or not. While I’m sure Ty has his own disciplinary actions in place, I just want this man to know, he does not have a friend in me, and most likely, Mason’s pack.”

“Words taken from my mouth, pup.” Mason muttered as he gave the Enforcer a proper glare, “I agree with my mate, and I’ll add to it. Until I see fit, you are not welcome in my lands.”

Wagner’s eyelids closed as he accepted his punishment. Tierney stepped behind his lowly Enforcer, “This is not your only punishment, Alex. You’ve seen the power young Alpha Bolton carries, but that was just a mere slap on the wrist. You still need to answer the charges during next week’s pack meeting. This...is a prime example of how a leader’s mistake can alter a pack’s future. If your antics were on a larger scale, or more severe, you could have taken a valuable partnership from me. These men are offering sanctuary for my retirement. Imagine how I would feel if you ripped that away from me.”

The hot breath on Wagner’s neck caused his stature to stiffen as the words penetrated his heart. I...I would have been a dead man! Al...Alpha Scott would have murdered me! “Alpha Scott, my actions were crude and wrong. I’ll...I’ll gladly accept the punishment for my charges.”

“Good. Your charges are to be brought up at the next meeting, so I suggest you attend.”

Cyrus tilted his head, “Tierney, the pack meeting is next week?” The panda earned a nod from the current Alpha, “Time flies! Remind me to speak with you in regards to the agenda.”

“Will do. Now, let’s find some food! I’m sure these two are starving.” Pointing his thumb to Dirk and Vincent, the shifters eagerly awaited further plans.

Leaving the basement, the group returned to the rear entrance. Arriving at the front of the museum, Wagner bent his neck to the group of Alphas and left to resume his day. Vincent debated on whether his judgement of the Enforcer was justified, his wolf confirmed it was a sound decision. He noticed his teacher was smiling at him, “Yakob, how did you think I did?”

The monk hummed approvingly, “You were excellent! Mason told me your wolf was in control of your second bout, and I was most impressed with his performance. Such a fearless approach, and with complete control of his emotions. I believe after your vacation, we can work on removing your anger from your magic.”

“You...you think we can do it?”

“It is always worth a try. From what I saw, both of you were in complete control of yourselves. But let’s save that exercise for when you are back in Kentucky. I am assuming your spar with Alpha Scott won’t be until later this week?”

Vincent looked up to the middle-aged New Yorker, “I think tomorrow would be suitable, right Ty?”

With a hum of confirmation, Tierney pulled out his phone and began searching for nearby restaurants, “It will have to be either early morning or late in the evening. I do have a few meetings to attend to. Cyrus, could you accompany me to my luncheon with the mayor in the afternoon? I’d like to introduce you to him.”

“Absolutely, just send me the details. If it would be pertinent to my new position, I can shadow you all day tomorrow.” Tierney approved and started walking, naturally leading the group.

Yakob stayed in place, causing Vincent to halt, “Yakob, are you coming?”

“I’m afraid not. I have business to attend to at the monastery. Feel free to come find me tomorrow before your sparring session and I’ll be happy to watch.” With a shared smile, the monk walked behind the building. Vincent felt his teacher fall into the shadows and slip away at a blinding speed. He turned and caught up with the group as he hushed his hungry wolf.

***

Detective Shaw closed the door to the interrogation room and sighed. I remember when this shit was easy! Heading back to his desk, he stopped at the break room for a cup of coffee. As he poured a small foam cup full and sipped the piping hot liquid, Shaw turned to find Officer Ingle staring at him. The human kept his head down, ashamed of his behavior the last time he saw the officer. I really made an ass of myself when I had the Bolton kid here.

“Feeling bad about something, Terr?” The detective looked up as the officer grabbed a foam cup to get some coffee for himself. As the officer poured, he secretly enjoyed the embarrassment pheromones Shaw was emitting. Serves him right for yellin’ at the Mated Alpha, but I guess I can cut him some slack. “You doin’ alright?”

“I’m alright, just going through a lot. Case stuff, you know?”

“I hear ya. Been doin’ a lot of stakeouts myself.”

Stakeouts? He’s...he’s just an officer? He shouldn’t be having cases like that. “What do you mean by that, Ingle?”

Ingle looked around to make sure there was no one else in the breakroom, “Alpha Wilson didn’t tell you, did he?”

Shaw’s eyes widened in shock at the mention of the werewolf farmer, “You...you know about him?”

Ingle let loose a loud cackle as he gripped the countertop, “Know him? Man, he’s my boss!” From the corner of his sight, he saw Shaw’s jaw drop in wonder. Laughing again, he poured an obscene amount of sugar in his cup and grabbed a straw to stir it, “What, did you think he was the only wolf around here?”

The...only wolf...oh, my Gods! Whispering to the officer, Shaw needed to ask his question, “Are...are you one of them?”

Snickering, Ingle turned and rested his rear against the counter, “Well, I can’t turn furry right now, if that’s what you’re asking.” Seeing the detective’s eyelids close in embarrassment, the lycan let out the breath he had been holding, “Just messin’ with ya, Terry. I’m a shapeshifter like Mason and Vincent. There’s a decent amount of us in the town and surrounding areas. I know it’s all new to ya, but the sooner you accept the fact we’re out there, the better you’ll feel.”

“R-really?”

“Yeah, ask Poll, she was exposed several years ago. I’m sure she’d be happy to help you out with getting used to us.”

Hearing of support within the precinct lifted a pressure from the detective’s chest, “Wait, exposed? Is she one too?”

“Nah, she’s a human.” Ingle sipped his coffee, “I got a route to do in a few minutes, we can grab a beer later if you need it.”

Shaw watched the officer walk away. His guilt started eating at him again and felt the need to say something, “Hey, Ingle!” The caramel-skinned man turned with a raised eyebrow, “I...I just want to say I’m sorry.”

Wow! I’m a little shocked at that! “What are you sorry for?”

“The way I hounded the Bolton kid. It was unprofessional and uncalled for. You seemed very protective of the guy, and I let some anger loose on you.”

Breathing out from his nose, Ingle rested his back against the door frame, “You’re good, Shaw. I was pretty pissed at you, but Alpha Wilson told me about your mission. I’ve long since forgiven you for your stunt with Vincent. You’re doing something to help my Alpha and his mate, and that means the world to me. Your apology is accepted.” Ingle stepped forward and offered his hand to the detective, “You may not be pack, but I’m sure as hell going to treat you like a member, I got mad respect for you.”

Shaw shook hands with Ingle, letting a smile cross his face, “Thanks Ingle, that means a lot. I guess I just feel like an outsider to all of you guys.”

“I get that. I never really thought about the people who know about the supernatural, but aren’t included. Like I said, we can grab a beer later. A couple of my friends were going to Stern’s tonight, you’re welcome to join.”

“I think I’d like that.” Ingle held out a fist and Shaw quickly bumped it with one of his own, “Thanks, Ingle.” The officer left and Shaw went back to his coffee. It lost some heat, so he poured more coffee from the pot. He smiled as he thought about the officer’s offer. Wow, I...I’m being offered to hang out with actual shapeshifters! Shaking his head, he changed his thought. No, actual people. They’re people, just like me.

***

Kaplan leaned back in his seat. Can’t...eat...another bite. He almost ignored the wholesome giggle from his boyfriend as he tried to let his stomach settle. I really need to stop letting him order for me. He orders so much food! Then I get a to-go box, he takes me to his condo, and I end up leaving the food in his fridge. Surely, he sees that pattern.

“My dear Kaplan, did you get enough to eat? You look like you could use some dessert.”

The lycan’s eyes widened. Des-dessert? Nope! Uh-uh! No can do! “Sorry, Cy, I can’t. I’ll explode if I eat anymore.”

Cyrus couldn’t keep his eyes off of the wolf. He is so adorable, I just hope he fills out soon. I can’t have my mate looking like he’s skin and bones.

Yes, he thin.

Agreed, my bear. He has the muscle mass of a shifter, but he holds no weight.

He eat more.

Now, now. We can’t force more food down his throat. Like he said, he might explode and we can’t have that, now can we?

Ha! No, no explode. We feed wolf later. The bear looked at the purple mark on Kaplan’s throat and felt an overwhelming sense of pride. He ours. Like mark!

I like it too. I’m so delighted to see it on him.

“Cyrus?” Snapping from his trance, the panda turned his attention to the short Alpha, “Did you have an idea of when you would like our duel to be?”

Sitting up straight in his chair, Cyrus curled a smile. I must have zoned in on Kaplan! I simply forgot about everyone else being here! “An excellent question! Tierney, is there a decent day this week where pack business is light?”

Pulling out his phone’s calendar, Tierney tapped the screen several times, “Wednesday is light, as well as Thursday.”

“Wednesday is perfect. Kaplan, is that fine with you, seeing how that is one of our personal days?” The Beta was barely able to lift his head and offered a thumbs up, causing a loud chuckle from the bear. “It’s settled. In the meantime, what are the visiting couple’s plans?”

Mason and Vincent looked at each other. The taller Alpha took the reins of the conversation, “I don’t think we have any set plans, so if there are any suggestions, we’re happy to hear them.”

Tierney couldn’t help but laugh at the Kentuckian, “You come to New York and have no idea what to do with your time? That’s the most backwards thing I can imagine! I’m coming to your lands to get away from the hustle and bustle!”

Vincent snickered at the Alpha’s point, “I think we can find some things to do. There’s museums, parks, and enough theatre shows to keep me entertained. I’m sure we can find a few bars for you to hang out in, big guy.”

Curling an arm around his mate, Mason snickered, “Or maybe, we can go for a helicopter ride.” He howled in laughter as the smaller man gave Mason a playful sneer.

“I told you a long time ago, I am not getting in a helicopter!”

Dirk chuffed at the little shifter, “Afraid of heights, Vincent?”

“No, I’m not!” The group kept pestering the shadow mage about going on a helicopter ride until Vincent cracked and gave in. I am not looking forward to this!

Why? You jump off farm big thing. That fun.

Yeah, but now we’ll be moving around!

You scared. It like truck ride. I take over when go. I have fun!

It’s all yours! You can have it! Having settled the matter with his wolf, Vincent took ownership of the ride. Dirk informed the couple he would get in contact with his friends for an appointment. The group paid their bills and journeyed back to the Guggenheim. Tierney and Cyrus needed to leave for a few meetings. At Tierney’s request, Kaplan and Dirk remained with the Alpha couple. As Tierney was about to fish out a spare key to his apartment, Vincent reminded him of his ability to go under doors. Cyrus gave Kaplan an endearing peck on the lips as the Alphas hailed a cab.

Leaving the group, Cyrus and Tierney rested inside the taxi cab. They were both stuffed from their meal. From the aroma in the cab, both Alphas knew the driver was a shifter. Once the man bent his neck, they assumed he was a pack member. With a sigh, Tierney turned to his successor and whispered, “You probably don’t need to hear it, but you are doing a fine job as the future Alpha.”

“It is always good to hear, but I’m afraid I haven’t done much. There has been some hand shaking and conference meetings, but I’m not seeing a lot of anything else.”

Tierney snorted, “That’s the job. It’s more politics than anything. The humans don’t like dealing with lower council members. They would rather have the big man in charge and they won’t involve the pack unless I am going to be in the picture.”

Furrowing his brow, Cyrus disagreed, “Preposterous! From the portfolio the EC handed me, this pack provides a considerable amount of funds for various departments across the city and state. I love the humans, but there's no reason they should dictate how our pack is ran, or how our higher council is to operate. This pack should be operated with a proper governing system, and there needs to be a council member, other than the Alpha, to handle the politics.”

“It’s been tried, but there are few I would trust with the position. Kaplan’s done his best in my stead on a few occasions, but he can’t hack the stress.”

Cyrus huffed, “Well, of course he can’t!” The statement shocked Tierney and caused the sharpest of head turns, “He already has plenty on his plate as the Head Beta, the Pack Attorney, and the Pack Scribe. The duty of a political secretary is a hassle. I would suggest either Vogel or Mindel, although Vogel would be better suited since he’s a touch more charismatic and can control a conversation.”

Vogel? He’s a low Beta member and barely passed the standards for the role. I get Cyrus’ thinking though. I’m rather picky with how my Betas’ roles are handled, but...I think Vogel could do it. “I’ll arrange a call with him and discuss the options, but you’ll handle the meeting. I’m curious, though. If the Alpha isn’t running the political side, what would the Alpha’s tasks be.”

“He is the ultimate supervisor. No doubt, some political handshakes and meetings will still require my attention, but I need to be able to oversee any sudden conflict. A good example would be this recent snafu with Enforcer Wagner. Honestly, the fact that you haven’t already slammed him with the charges and applied the discipline is ridiculous.”

“Are you suggesting playing a more stern disciplinary role?”

It was Cyrus’ turn to sigh, “I’m still hypothesizing possible council position changes. This is my first time running such a large pack and I am being forced to rearrange my personal manual for organization. While I don’t intend to be pictured as the lazy Alpha, I want to be more...free in regards to time. Should a Beta or Enforcer need assistance in recovering or improving their assigned districts, I can focus the majority of my energy on that, as opposed to being a politician. Each district is able to handle their own minor issues, and I don’t want to become the inter-district squabble squasher to relieve whoever takes Dirk's place when he moves to Kentucky with you.

“Kaplan, however, with his current skill set, I can not foresee any way of reducing his workload. He is the finest attorney in the pack, and has shown great progress as the Head Beta. I suppose I could find someone for the Scribe position, but none come to mind.”

Tierney leaned back in curiosity, “You and Kaplan seem to be able to keep your work lives separate from the personal side of things. Everything going alright in that department? Are you prepared to deal with the backlash of potentially mating the Head Beta?”

“The backlash? Tierney, I’m offended.” The bear smirked and giggled, “You should have known by now that I am not afraid of what someone thinks of me, provided that they are correct. I am quite certain I will mate and bond with Kaplan. The only question is when, I demand the perfect moment. Just as I told Kaplan, I hold my reputation proudly, and I will be damned before I am belittled. My giggles and charm are my smokescreen,” Cyrus flashed his emerald eyes, “the real me is something to be kept locked away. Not even Kaplan has seen me in that manner. He’s gotten a glimpse of my shame, but I will never let him see my rage.”

The middle-aged New Yorker felt the pressure intensify in the taxi, and felt the need to open the window for some fresh air. Gods, he is holding back so much emotion and raw power! He...he might be a stronger Alpha than me! “Forgive me, Alpha Vonder. I feel the need to tell you, I underestimated you. You hold so much power behind your back, and just when I think you refuse to use it, you tease by sprinkling around your true self. I don’t think there is a finer choice to be had by the EC for this position.”

Glancing at the lycan momentarily, Cyrus closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He knew his anger took hold as he thought of his new job harming Kaplan. No, I will be damned! He already has too much on his plate. “While there will always be someone to do a job, finding the best person remains the challenge.”

Tierney cast an impressed stare at the bear, “That sounded like a quote, who is that by?”

His snort turned into a hearty laugh, “Tierney, you certainly know how to get one out of a funk! I came up with that on the spot, but I’ll be happy to frame it for your Kentucky home.” The two men shared a laugh as they enjoyed their cab ride.

***

Dave arrived at Stacy’s apartment with a nervous heart rate. Last night was something out of this world! We made out for a damn hour! I could tell she wanted something more when she was pawing my shirt buttons, but I don’t think I’m ready for that. He looked down at his phone and read the messages from his drive over. ‘Wait for me out there, I’ll be down soon!’ The lycan sent a message, saying he had pulled into the parking lot.

A few minutes later, Dave saw his favorite blonde ponytail bob out of the apartment and down the attached staircase. He stepped out of his truck and walked to the passenger side to open the door, “Hey there.”

"Hi, handsome!" Stacy went in for a hug and looked up to the scruffy man. After a moment of hesitation the two met for a smoldering kiss. They parted after several seconds and they both needed to catch their breath, "You're...you're good at that."

"You're not too bad yourself." He broke the hug and let her climb into the truck and headed for the driver side. Turning the key, he drove towards the larger metropolitan area. On the way, Dave kept his hand on Stacy's.

The couple arrived at one of the large movie theaters. Stacy picked out the newest movie to come out, as well as a sizable bucket of buttery popcorn for the two to share. Ordering two drinks, Dave quickly handed the clerk his card, much to the protest of his girlfriend. "You paid for dinner last night, so I'm paying for the movie."

The human squinted her eyes, grabbed the popcorn bucket, and stuck her tongue out. Dave laughed heartily as they walked towards their theater. The two got cozy in their seats and watched the movie previews. As the film started, Dave mentally groaned, realizing Stacy had chosen a childish animated adventure. I hate these things, they're always so happy! I bet this thing doesn't even have a single fight scene.

Halfway into the movie, Dave found himself sucked into the plot. He fished his hand into the bucket to find that Stacy had already eaten half the popcorn! "Hey, now! Save some room for dinner, alright?" He got a muffled affirmative, forcing him to laugh. It wasn't long before Dave and Stacy gave up on the movie and focused on each other. The lycan moved his lips and flicked the tip of his tongue against her teeth, causing Stacy to inhale in ecstasy.

He heard a few coughs from several seats behind him and decided to break the kiss. Wrapping his arm over her shoulder, the lycan felt an unfamiliar sense of ownership as Stacy rested her head against him. It feels so nice to have her. I...I’ve never felt this before! The two resumed their movie, despite missing a portion of the storyline. As the credits rolled and the lights began to illuminate the theater, the two remained in their seats, allowing the other people to trickle out. “That was a good movie.”

Stacy giggled, “I’d say so. I think my favorite part was your tongue.” Dave leaned back in his chair as he chuckled.

I love how she’s so forward! He lifted himself from the seat and stretched his leg muscles. Offering his hand, Stacy quickly grasped it. “So, where else would you like to go?”

***

I really need to keep my mouth shut! Unbeknown to Dave, Stacy came prepared with a mental list of places to go and things to do in the city. She enjoyed a lengthy shopping spree in the mall. Going into every store that offered clothes and shiny things muddled the lycan’s mood, but he kept a devout smile on his face for appearances. This just might be the reason I kept dating shifters. My Gods, this little human must have been saving her tips from the coffee shop. She’s already blown three hundred dollars! Despite his girlfriend’s shopping habits, he was impressed with her ability to sift through clearance racks and amass incredible piles of discount goodies. After losing count of the stores he followed her to, Dave found himself carrying more and more bags.

“I...am having so much fun! How about you, handsome?”

The cheery tone in her voice lifted his spirits, “I’m not much of a shopper, but I’m having a pretty good time.”

Her eyelids flickered as if he offended her, “Oh, we are so fixing that!” In a flash, Stacy took off for the menswear section of the outlet store. The lycan’s eyes fixated on the blinding movement of the human’s fingers as hangers were scooted at a quickening pace. Grabbing a few shirts, she paced over and grabbed a shopping cart, urging her boyfriend to drop the bags in, “Here, you take these. You are trying these on!”

I’m doing what now? He wasn’t given the chance to argue as the shirts were thrust upon him. With Stacy already halfway to the dressing rooms, he huffed and gave in to more of his girlfriend’s wishes. On his walk to the dressing room, he looked through the shirts and grew interested in the selections. I...I actually like these! The fabric on this one is really soft! He pawed the white long-sleeved shirt with pastel blue, pink, and purple plaid design. It looks like something I’d wear for Easter, but I really like it. As he opened the door, Stacy playfully swatted his rear, forcing him to stop and give her a raised eyebrow, “What was that for?”

Mocking Dave’s eyebrow, she raised one of her own, “Couldn’t help it. It looked nice and I wanted to touch.” Hearing her reasoning, he chuffed and shook his head as he closed the door behind him. Changing into the pastel shirt, the lycan looked into the mirror. I look like such a dad!

“Come on out! I want to see!” Begrudgingly, he opened the door and propped his shoulder against the door frame. “Oh...oh, my Gods. You look hot!”

With the enthusiastic response, Dave’s attitude for clothes altered. Wow, a shirt can make her go crazy? Alright then, more shopping it is! He squinted his eyes and gave a playful swipe of his tongue across his upper lip. As he turned back into the room, Dave saw the human melt. He tried on the other two shirts, while they provided positive comments from Stacy, they could not compete with the reaction from the colorful plaid.

Dave purchased his shirt and grabbed the shopping bags from the cart. Leading the way, Stacy decided the shopping trip was complete and the couple made their way to the truck. “That was so much fun!”

“Yeah, that wasn’t too bad.”

Stacy swatted her man’s chest and made a pouty face, “Oh, come on! You had fun! Tell you what, you said something yesterday about getting a drink. Let’s stop and grab a drink or two.”

Smiling at her suggestion, he nodded, “Sounds good. I know a few places.” Pulling out of the crowded parking lot, Dave headed for the downtown area. He found a cheap parking garage, paid the fee, and escorted Stacy by the hand onto the street. The couple kept up with the small talk, conversing about their shopping trip and the movie until they made it to a loud sports bar.

As soon as Stacy heard the beat, he ponytail began to bob as she let the music take over her body, “Okay! This isn’t as bad as I thought!” She looked around and scoped the place out. The bar took up a large chunk of the establishment, but there was a separate section of the building with a small disc jockey stage and dance floor. Oh, I am getting Dave on that! He’ll probably need a few drinks before I can get him to do it, though. He seems like the fuddy-duddy type of guy who doesn’t like to dance.

The couple found a nice corner table and sat fairly close together. Stacy asked for a menu and ordered a plate of boneless barbecue wings, while he ordered a hefty cheeseburger. I couldn’t hold back my hunger any longer! Paired with a lager, the lycan was beyond happy with his meal choice.

After Stacy finished her soda, she ordered one of the fruity special drinks and was delighted with the vibrant orange beverage. Holding herself up by an elbow, she sipped from the straw and stared at the rugged man, “So, is this your typical hangout?”

“Nah, I go to Stern’s about once a week, I’m not much on the party scene. Work keeps me pretty busy.”

Bobbing her head to the side, Stacy grew curious at the man’s answer, “Think you’ll be too busy for me?”

“No way,” Dave shook his head and scooted his chair closer, “you’re way too much fun. Don’t know if you’re trying to get rid of me, but I think I want to keep you around.”

“Oh, really now? I can handle that.” Welcoming the advance, Stacy grabbed Dave’s hand under the table and basked in how warm it was. She felt a light squeeze as the big man pecked her on the cheek. This is so much different than any of the other guys I’ve dated! It feels like he really cares.

The couple sat and drank. Stacy stopped herself after the first beverage, claiming she was already buzzed. The lycan knew he needed to stop to appear like a normal human. I could’ve used another beer. This place keeps them pretty cold.

When the waitress brought the tab, Stacy put her foot down. “Nope! I’m taking the bill on this one, and there is nothing you can do about it.” She placed her card into the black bill holder.

“Alright, alright. Look at you, ‘Miss Big Spender.’ Did you get a raise or something at Beansies?”

She slyly winked at her boyfriend, “No, but Old Man Richards came by and dropped me a twenty dollar tip today.”

He covered his face with a hand, propping his head up. I swear, that old wolf goes after all of the pretty girls! I really don’t want to be the guy to tell him to simmer down. “Gods, how much in tips does that make it?”

“He’s up to giving me a couple hundred dollars just this year! I’m not complaining, but I almost feel bad taking his money.”

Dave shook his head as he stood up, “Well, it’s his money. He is still fixing cars, so I can’t say he’s senile.” Lending his hand, he took Stacy from the bar and made their way back toward the parking garage. “Did you have a nice time, baby?”

Getting closer to Dave, Stacy felt her heart flutter being called his baby, “Uh huh! So, I’m your baby now?”

“Of course. I may have forgotten to mention it, but I’m a little territorial.” Wrapping his hand around her hip, Dave pulled her towards him as they walked, “You’re mine, little girl.”

Hearing her man’s husky words sent a sensation throughout Stacy’s body. Okay, I’m his little girl! I can handle that! I’ll be anything he wants me to be, just as long as he keeps using that manly voice!

It took everything in Dave’s willpower not to growl in excitement at her arousal, “Let’s get back to town. I think we can watch another movie at my place, if you’d like?”

“Uh-huh, movie, sure.” I’ll be watching something alright! The two walked several blocks towards the parking garage and Stacy couldn’t wait to get more alone time with her man.

Making it to the block with the garage, Dave darted his eyes behind him. He kept feeling a prickling sensation on the back of his neck, as if someone was watching him. Leaving the thought alone for the time being, he made it his goal to get Stacy to the truck. As they walked into the garage, they took the elevator to the second floor. He felt the human’s slender hands rubbing against his abdomen and fought his urge to kiss her. No, make sure she’s in the truck and safe first. I...I got a bad feeling about this.

When the doors slid open, Dave stepped out quickly with Stacy’s hand in his, she gave an excited yelp as she was practically yanked out of the box. Someone’s in the mood! “Going pretty fast there, Dave!”

Registering that his girlfriend was not aware of the possible danger, he debated on slowing his pace. His decision was made as he heard rushed movement from the nearby stairwell. Yep, bad feeling! “Stace, get to the truck.”

Woah! Where did he get that serious face at? “Dave, what’s up?”

“Not the ti-” He was cut off as his neck hairs stood at attention, forcing him to turn around.

The larger of the group stepped forward with arrogant pride, “Looks like we got ourselves a cute little couple. You two aren’t from around here, are you?”

Hearing the deep voice, Dave’s suspicions rose, he placed himself in front of a very startled Stacy, “We don’t want any trouble.”

“Of course you don’t, but what about us? I’ve been watching you two lovebirds and, honestly, it makes me sick.” The man stepped forward and Dave urged Stacy to step back with him. The Beta kept his eyes on the stranger, but his heart took a plunge. He caught the man’s scent.

Alpha.

Copyright © 2021 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 21
  • Wow 12
  • Fingers Crossed 3
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



2 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

I am going to be so pissed if anything really horrific happens to Dave or Stacy, still can't get a full read on her but...  We still don't really know who the mister i am the big bad wolf is or what is real issue is; but I can't wait for him to meet some of the other Alphas in this area.  

I am so enjoying Cyrus, he is just really different from any other shifter that I have come across in any story.  He is truly a breathe of fresh air.  

I almost feel sorry for Wagner, almost; but you know there just has to be something that is driving his behavior.  

Can't wait for the next update, let's make it snappy...

Oh, leave Stacy alone! She's just an innocent little lady. 

Cyrus is one out of a million! Easily, my favorite character to write for! 

I've based Wagner off one of my friends growing up. I'm still unsure if I could call him a friend, but there is something driving his attitude, but I'm unsure if we'll see it. Some people grow up to be bullies, but that's not their fault. 

Ooooooh, centex! I don't think I've seen you demand an update. Now that was a breath of fresh air! The next chapter is being edited, so it'll be coming around soon.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Oh sh#t he is going to need serious help very rapidly, because I think the sh#t is going to hit the fan

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Ajbt2001 said:

No, you can't do Kap and Dir. Then the moniker would be Kapdir, said quickly it sounds like captor. 😂😂😂😂

Or it could be Dirplan, Dirklan, or Kaplirk. I'm in favor of Dirklan.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ok, Dirklan is awesome. And definitely not Kaplirk. LOL ❤️😛👍

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Oh, I hadn't realized they weren't in Owensville. (Insert blushing embarrassment LOL) Ok, that does pose a problem. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Ajbt2001 said:

Oh, I hadn't realized they weren't in Owensville. (Insert blushing embarrassment LOL) Ok, that does pose a problem. 

"You're not too bad yourself." He broke the hug and let her climb into the truck and headed for the driver side. Turning the key, he drove towards the larger metropolitan area. On the way, Dave kept his hand on Stacy's.

 

Yep, they're not in Owensville anymore. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I know I'll love the next chapter, even if I don't have my eggs or pancakes for breakfast. Coffee is a must have though. No coffee, no promises. LMAO. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..