Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 4,700 Words
  • 3,669 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rising in the Shadows - 22. Chapter 22: Irishman Incoming

Vincent’s eyes fluttered. Sunlight seeped through the blinds, but it wasn’t the reason for his awakening. The sound of the gravel shifting in the driveway did. He could barely hear it. To confirm his suspicion, he focused on the shadows. A car’s rolling in.

He shook Mason’s arm, waking the slumbering man. “Mace, get up. Someone just got here.”

Before the alphas could get another word off, they heard a soft knock at their bedroom door, followed by Ashford’s whisper, “Expecting anyone?”

“No, but I’ll check through the shadows. It might be Mace’s parents.”

“Roger.”

Vincent let the world go gray and aimed for the air ducts. Coming out on the roof, he knelt by the edge. It looks like another rental. Keeping his eyes peeled, he watched the door open and the driver emerge sporting a blazer, slacks, and a modern drivers cap covering lengthy, shaggy brown hair. Never seen this guy before. He watched the man stand still for a few seconds before deciding to report back to Mason and Ashford.

“Alpha Vincent Bolton!” A gruff voice blasted the air.

The mage stopped dead in his tracks and did an about-face. The stranger was looking directly at him. How? I’m in the shadows! Realizing he was naked, he brought his shadow up and covered himself in a robe. Revealing himself, he stood as imposing as possible. A thin smile appeared on the man’s face.

“Thought I felt ya up there! Didn’t mean to barge onto the property, but I got here a wee bit early.”

Vincent relaxed a bit. That accent. He’s really early! “Alpha McCabe?”

“The only! Got to say, I went arseway a couple times finding the place. Would you mind telling the three to quit hiding behind the door? A fella’s got to use the jacks.”

The whats? Feeling the shadows, he noticed his mate behind the front door and the couple by the window. “Guys, come on out! It’s all good!” He jumped from the roof and landed in the shadows to land safely.

The door opened, Mason came out wearing the signature blue robe, he leaned on the porch railing. “Alpha Remis?”

“Ah, cut the titles, son, unless you’d like me to water the plants. I need to borrow your toilet! ”

“Gotcha, come on in. Sorry for the welcoming committee.”

Passing Mason, Remis clapped the slightly taller alpha’s shoulder, “No harm in it. I guess this is your coun—”

Looking up at Ashford and down again to Bartlett, the Irishman chuckled. “Well, I’ll be damned! The beta, enforcer duo from Texas! I’ve heard stories about you two. Is it true you took off a fella’s ankle with yer teeth?”

Ashford snorted and pocketed his hands. “That’s a new one. Safe to say it’s hogwash.”

Remis slapped the enforcer’s arm firmly, “Honest man! You could have said yes and I’d ‘ave believed you. Sorry, make a hole! I’ve spent too much time gabbin’!” The alpha opened the door and took off into the house.

“To the left, the right and two doors down, sir!” Ashford called out. Looking at the pair of alphas, he shrugged his shoulders and went inside.

Following the hulking wolf, Vincent made a bee-line for the bedroom and dropped his shadowed clothes. He quickly applied deodorant and brushed his teeth before selecting an outfit. Mason came in as he was leaving, they stole kisses before trading off, “Seems like a pretty fun guy.”

“Yeah, but just a heads up, Vinnie. He’s one of the predominant alphas in the eastern hemisphere. I wouldn’t do anything to insult him.”

Vincent nodded, but felt unprepared. I don’t know a damned thing about Ireland or its culture! Not to mention, how the hell did he know I was on the roof? He left the room in thought, He might be a mage and I can’t tell just yet.

Taking a mental rollcall, he checked the shadows. Fred and Trent are in their room, and Remis is walking out. “Hey guys, Do you want to hit the diner?”

He heard the couple whispering among themselves, but got a clear answer from the new visitor. “Aye! I could use a eatin’ house right about now! Got a place in mind?”

***

Miserable! He felt miserable, and from the bond in his chest, he could tell Vincent was too. Mason glanced at everyone in the circular booth. I think we all ate too much.

Remis gently set down his glass of tea. “One thing I disagree with my pack about is good American sweet tea. My beta harps on me for putting sugar in mine.”

As their time together grew, Mason admired the alpha more and more. He didn’t classify him as a man of fellow rank, nor a father figure. He’s like the interesting uncle that comes to holiday parties. Not quite jolly, but not serious either, Remis plays a balance between them easily, almost like Cyrus! One thing that stood out to Mason was the alpha’s need to have conversation. “I’ve tried hot tea and it’s not for me.”

“I love a piping kettle, but this is a nice treat every now and again. You fellas haven’t been around an Irishman, have ya?”

The four other shifters shook their heads.

“Not to worry. I admit, I use some of our tongue’s slang and whatnot, so I’ll try my best to keep everything proper.”

Mason was the first to voice his opinion. He waved his hand nonchalantly, “That’s not necessary. I’d like to see Alpha McCabe for who he is.”

“I agree with Mason.” After taking a bite of his crispy bacon, Bartlett sat straighter. He swallowed and leaned to see past his large mate. “I got a few of the terms you used earlier, like jacks and arseway.”

“Mighty kind of you. So, are you two fellers after the big city too?”

Vincent and Mason sensed each other’s concern through their bond. Didn’t think this conversation would happen.

Bartlett immediately nodded, “Yes, sir. We are—”

“What did I tell you all about calling me that? You may be beta and delta, but you hold land like I do. We’re equals, in my opinion. Either call me Remis, or fella.” The blue-eyed Irishman turned to Vincent. “I hear that one coot is in the running too? What’s his name, Storm?”

Vincent wiped his mouth with a napkin, sharing Mason’s thoughts of having their interview sooner than expected. “Yeah, Stuerm is.”

Remis smirked and leaned forward, “I smell hesitation. Don’t think the old man is up to the challenge?” He watched the younger alpha try to formulate a response. “Mincing words isn’t my thing. Say what you want, I don’t snitch.”

Mason shared Vincent’s apprehension but knew to play along. “We’re not considering him seriously. His pack is already four-times the size of mine, and we haven’t always seen eye to eye, if you know what I mean.”

“Aye, lads being together can cause some friction to some of the bodachs. What you do in your lives is your own business, but it’s never been mine to judge. I’d be blind to ignore the love ye have for your mates. But that can’t be all, can it? Concern for a takeover?”

The alphas squirmed in their seats. “It’s always been in the back of my mind. They have numbers, but this isn’t the old days where an all-out attack can go ignored in the news. I’ve been more wary of his frontal behavior.”

“He’s a fake, isn’t he? Damn, I hate those kinds! I agree with ya about the oldies. As much as I ignore it, I think we should thank the social medias. News became a lot more important recently, hasn’t it?”

Ashford chuckled, surely sending chills down a couple spines, “I’d drink to that.”

As if the magic words were said, Remis grinned at him. “Speaking of, where’s the closest pub, and do they have the black stuff?”

Vincent whispered to Mason, “Does he mean Yager?”

The table was slapped, sending all eyes to Remis. His hearty laughter soothed their initial worries. “I feel insulted! That stuff is black-tar heroin. I’m talkin’ about a pint, lad. And none of that piss-lookin’ stuff either.”

“Oh, Guinness! I’m actually not familiar with the bars in this town. Dave’s usually the one that does all that.”

“Don’t know this Dave, but if he drinks, he’ll need to show me around! First round’s on me.”

The enforcer smirked, “Oh, no! I know that custom. You’ll clear out my bank account.”

Remis held an evil leer. “Don’t worry, I usually stop at ten or twenty.”

Speaking of Dave… Mason realized an important detail about the man. “Can’t help but notice you’re by yourself today, Remis. Didn’t you bring your beta or enforcer?”

A hand waved in dismissal. “I see enough of them on a daily. I told them I wanted a vacation and they know better than to ask questions. Besides, I figured there wasn’t much of a danger and someone had to stay and keep the pack in line.”

“Not trying to be nosy, but is that a typical problem back home?”

“They’re a rowdy bunch, but it’s manageable. If I’m gone for too long, they start looking at the sheep.”

Mason was riveted by the alpha, but could tell his mate was still nervous around him. “You okay, Vinnie?”

He watched Vincent nod and lean in, “Remis, could I ask you a question?”

The whispered inquiry draped a tense feeling across the table. “Sure thing, ask away.”

“How did you know I was on the roof? You have an affinity, don’t you?”

Remis smirked and matched the tone. “Aye. You’re still learning how to control your aura, aren’t you? I was a little stunned, but I knew when I felt a calm wash over my mind, I was in the presence of a shadow mage. Good thing I read Mason’s profile on the flight over or I might have started shootin’.”

“Shooting? Can I ask what kind of magic you have?”

“Lightnin’, lad. Common one, but it has its perks. I hear this area hosted the new alpha to New York recently.”

Vincent was bewildered. “You know Cyrus?”

“Who hasn’t heard of the man? He’s one of the few that’s evaluated my pack. We go way back a decade or so. Gave me a crash course in manipulation before I got it under control.”

His mate was all ears. A trickle of excitement was contagious in Mason’s chest. “Crash course, huh? Vinnie’s been a little preoccupied, so training has been put on pause.”

Remis nodded, “I hear ye. It’s a lot easier than they make it out to be. Let’s try it a bit, eh Vincent? It’s like holding your breath, but think about the magic in your veins instead. You’re just haltin’ the movement.”

Vincent sat still and closed his eyes. After a few moments, Mason noticed the body next to him grew warmer. “I think you’re doing it, babe. You’re not as cold.”

The words left his lips and the chill returned. “It takes a lot of concentration, doesn’t it?”

“Aye. Once you figure it out, you got to do it for a long time. After that, it becomes second nature. It’s almost required for us lightnin’ shooters to learn from the start, or else everyone’s hairs will up and at it.” Remis squinted his eyes and folded his arms. “You’re not just a shadow mage, are ye? Frost too?”

Vincent smiled and quickly flashed his lavender eyes. “And clairvoyant.”

“Oh, feck off now! You’re pulling my leg!”

“It’s true,” Ashford attested. “We sparred yesterday and he got me. It was impressive turning a mid-air icicle into a cloud.”

Remis lurched forward with wide eyes. “You learned reconfigurement before manipulation? How’s that possible?”

“What? That was reconfigurement? I only saw Miss Elaine do it to show me what it was.” Vincent was beside himself! Mason could see his need to recreate the scene then and there.

“Sounds like it. You took an entity of your own magic and turned it into something different. Did it take a lot out of ye?”

Slowly, Vincent nodded. “I felt pretty drained after it. That might be how Fred pinned me.”

From the interchanging faces of Remis, Mason was sure the alpha was being blasted by what he thought as nonsense. “Consider yourself lucky, son. Us lightnin’ folk can’t do all that configuring stuff. We can form it into different shapes and sizes, but other than a few parlor tricks, we’re limited.”

Mason recalled Vincent’s Turning Day. Cyrus had that weird orb attack. Maybe he used this reconfiguration stuff?

Remis finished off his tea and palmed the table. “Well, what do you say, fellas? How about that interview?”

***

Arriving at the house, Bartlett and Ashford took off for another trip to Mesker Park City while Caleb and Dave pulled into the driveway. Coming in, they introduced themselves to the visiting alpha.

Remis took an immediate liking to Dave. “Ah, you’re the one that’ll be taking me pub-crawling!”

With the alpha’s arm slung across his shoulder, Dave acted as if he found a new best friend. “I was wondering what my plans were this evening. Thanks for the heads-up, Mace.”

Mason guffawed at the sarcasm, “I think we’re all going out tonight. Now that we got everyone here, let’s get started.”

The meeting went as smoothly as planned. Their interviewee provided detailed summaries of all major aspects to his pack, just as the previous applicants did before him. What stood out to Vincent was the man’s change in tone. He’s beyond professional!

When asked about the fair price for the deed, he unknowingly imitated Bartlett and Ashford's confusion. "An interesting choice, fellas. Shows you're about the wellbeing of the community. If you're askin' me to put my price down, I'll play along. Ten million dollars."

Mason was impressed with the number. He skimmed the financial dossier given to him and understood Remis was the wealthiest of the three applicants. Jotting it down, he conferred with his council and closed the meeting. "We'll let you know of the results within a week or two."

"Sounds good to me!"

Dave coughed, "Sorry, one more question. You're already set in Ireland. What's your reasoning for wanting to move to America?"

"Well, this is the land of opportunity! That, and frankly, I'm bored! She'll always be my home, but I need to stretch my legs a bit. It's been harder to stay away from the locals, if you catch my drift."

Dave nodded. "Yeah, there aren't many wolves in your neck of the woods."

"Practically eradicated a century or so ago. Hunters finished off most of the ferals, forcing us to be more careful on our runs."

Vincent twinged. "That's terrible!"

Remis offered a sliver of a smile. "It ain't too bad. We run as a pack most times. We'll hear a shot every once in a while, but it's mostly farmers trying to scare us. It's been a year since one of us got hit. They're regular bullets, so a shift'll fix it."

“Hypothetically, what would happen if you get the deed and move? Would you bring your beta and delta?”

“Are ya kiddin’? There’s a handful of alphas that’ll be going after my spot! And most likely, I’ll bring Hendricks and Felix, but only if they’d follow. They’re great leaders, but unpredictable sometimes. It’d honestly be smart to leave them and have them work with the replacement alpha. That, and I’d imagine Mesker Park would be loopy with three Irishmen in charge.”

Mason chuckled. “I think that would be strange to see around here. Just food for thought, how about teaming up with the Texas couple?”

The idea lit up the room. “Well, now! That’s an idea. I’m not sure if they’d go with it, but I’d be an eejit not to ask! What do y’all think of the two?”

Dave and Caleb looked at each other before voicing their opinions. Pocketing his hands, the beta spoke, “They’re financial geniuses with whatever’s given to them and they work as a cohesive unit. If I’m being honest, they might be against the idea. I’d suggest creating a system that allows their independence. Being without an alpha for so long, they’ve probably developed a mindset that renders your position obsolete.

“On the other hand, you offer experience with larger land, something they don’t have. I think you can handle governing new territory with no present leader. I wouldn’t treat Bartlett and Ashford as subordinates, but as your equals. They’ve done everything an alpha is supposed to do, and perhaps more.”

Remis kicked up a foot, resting it on his knee. After a moment of silence, he huffed. “Fair play. I suppose that scenario means all three of us would be doing something new. My wolf already saw those two as equals, but I’m pretty used to giving the orders. I think it’s a manageable idea. I’ll bring it up to them tonight when I’ve knocked back a couple.”

Vincent adored the idea of two of the applicants teaming up. Just in case, we still need to discuss who would take the deed. Part of me suspects Bartlett and Ashford won’t agree, but I might be wrong.

Yes. Think beta and delta work with alpha.

You think so?

Yes! They make good ally.

Hearing his wolf affirmed hope for the potential teamwork. As the group of shifters left the office, Remis suggested a quick run. That sounds like a lot of fun!

***

Ingle sat on the stool, patiently waiting. Wonder if he’s gonna show.

The air wafted and he caught the scent. He’s here. Turning, he met his co-worker with a smile. Over the past week, he and Shaw had headed to various bars after their shifts. I think he needs it at this point. He’s still getting used to the fact there are supernatural things around him. “Whatcha say, Terr? Get caught up on your paperwork yet?”

Shaw coughed, most likely from a recent cigarette. “Yeah, I did! Is the usual crew going to be here?”

“Nah, just me tonight. Cards are on the big screen, though.”

Air blew past closed lips. “How did I know you were a Louisville fan?”

The officer smirked, “What? I don’t like cats. Isn’t that obvious? First round’s on me.” He waved down the bartender and arranged for two drafts to be brought over.

They sat and drank while talking trash about their favorite teams. Half an hour passed, when Shaw tapped Ingle’s shoulder. “Look who’s here!”

He looked over at the entrance. Well, isn’t this a surprise! “Yo! Mace, Dave! Pop a squat!”

The group collectively walked towards him, following the proverbial order. Ingle studied them. Mace, Dave, Vin, and three rando’s. One is Vin’s size, then there’s a tank, and some other— His thought was snipped when the remaining man’s scent crossed his nose. Another alpha? Must be chill to be hanging around Mace. He subtly bared his neck to the stranger.

Ingle’s shoulder was immediately clapped. “Ah, got a friendly face, I see?” The man grabbed the stool next to him and gleamed with joy.

Is this dude Irish? That’s a thick-ass accent!

Mason leaned towards him. “Remis, meet Ingle, one of Owensville’s finest. And Detective Shaw, too. He’s new to the game.”

“Aye, fellas! Glad to make your acquaintance. Remis McCabe, but I’ll answer to either Remis or Guinness.”

The last option confused Ingle. “Guinness?”

“Speaking of which…” Remis lifted his hand and caught the bartender’s attention, “Excuse me, miss! I’m gonna need a pint of the black nectar, when ya get the chance.” The bartender gave a thumbs up and a wink to the Irishman. Under his breath, Remis growled and whispered, “Would ya look at her, lads? What a fine thing! I’m callin’ dibs on that arse of hers.”

Ingle nearly spewed his beer. Oh, shit! We’re in for a fun night! “Don’t think you got much competition there, Guinness.”

“Now, now. Hold yer horses! I haven’t gotten my pint.” As the glass landed on the bar, Remis grazed the woman’s hand, “Thank you, darlin’. Keep that line clear for me, would ya?”

Ingle rolled his eyes in disbelief. Where did this guy come from? “You good, Terry?”

The detective blinked in surprise, almost as if he thought he faded away from the group. “I, uh. Yeah, I’m good.”

“Good! Hey, Mace. Care to introduce us to your new friends?”

His alpha pointed daintily towards the two other men. “Sure. This is Bartlett and Ashford from Canton, Texas. These three are here about Mesker Park.”

Texas? They aren’t Remis’ council?

Vincent nudged Mason. “Hate to pull Remis from his new girlfriend, but would a table be better?”

The group agreed. As they found a table, Remis turned and blew a kiss before seating himself. “At least I can keep my eyes on her from here.”

Dave laughed aloud. “Careful, Remis. You might have found your mate.”

“Feck me if I did! I’m not ready to get locked down. Who knows? She might be yours.”

“Afraid not. I think I’m already stuck.”

Ingle grew serious. “I’ve been meaning to ask, how is the Boswick girl? She getting acclimated?”

Pulling out his phone, he slid his thumb across the screen a few times, “Yeah, Stacy’s spending some time with her parents this weekend. I’m supposed to be meeting them for Sunday dinner.” Sliding the device to Remis, he pointed, “That’s my baby girl, she was exposed during the Mesker Park incident, but she’s gotten used to everything. Honestly, I’m pretty proud of her.”

Remis looked and slapped Dave’s back. “Look at ye! And she’s sound with you being a wolf?”

When the beta nodded, Shaw glanced at the phone. “She was exposed? Like me?”

“Well, let’s say you got the easy introduction. She saw me getting my ass kicked by an alpha with shifted hands.”

Seeing Shaw’s face lose color, Ingle pushed the detective’s beer closer towards him. “Take a swig, man. Don’t worry about it, everything got taken care of.”

The detective’s gaze never left the table. “Damn, I feel useless!” The hushed exclamation captured everyone’s attention. “If she can get over it, why can’t I?”

Remis stood, magically lifting from his chair without making a noise. He walked around the table to Shaw and gently laid a hand on the human’s shoulder. “Listen here. We don’t know each other, but I can already tell your a fuckin’ tough nut. Everyone handles everything a wee bit differently. The girl is a little younger than you, and that helps. You’re an investigator; a man who wants to know everything, right?”

Shaw nodded.

“Then learn. Have you seen one of these men shift?”

“Shift?”

“Aye, you know? Turn into what they really are?”

“Not yet, but I’m not sure if I’m ready to see that.” Shaw somberly gripped the base of his beer. “I think I’d run scared.”

“C’mon, Terry.” Ingle couldn’t stay quiet anymore. He wanted to help his friend get out of the dumps. “It’s not that bad. I remember coming across Vincent for the first time. Pretty sure I scared the shit out of him.”

The mated alpha grinned. “I had no idea where you came from, Ingle! I still haven’t seen another wolf like yours.”

That caught Shaw’s attention. “Is his different?”

“Yeah, it’s an auburn color. I’ve seen several shades of brown and gray among the pack and our friends, but his is almost red.”

Mason snickered, “He’s our little ginger.”

Ingle kept a playful growl to himself and forced a laugh. “Y’all just jealous.”

A hearty laugh came from the Irishman, “If I may make a suggestion, Detective. I see you’re gettin’ chummy with Ingle here. Have him be the first to show ye. It’ll be a lot easier to swallow than one of these other fellas. I’m still ticked at Vincent being bigger than me on all fours.”

With Remis reclaiming his seat, Shaw seemed to be more eager in the conversation. I think this is what he needed. The other guys don’t talk about their wolves as much in public, especially with Terry around. Noticing Remis’ glass nearly empty, he smirked. “Let’s see if I got this game right, Guinness.”

“Aye! Ya got it!” Remis downed the remainder and promptly took off for the bartender with glass in hand.

With the alpha gone, Ingle turned his attention to the mismatched pair. “Texas, huh? Looking to settle in the bluegrass?”

Bartlett set his cocktail down and shrugged. “We’ve been keeping our options open. I have to admit, the woods around here are a lot more fun. Back home, there are too many human-made trails, forcing us to run strictly at night.”

Ingle seethed at the statement, understanding their issue, “I hear that, but running at night is the best, in my opinion. I usually work the nightshift, so daytime runs have been my thing for a while.”

Ashford grabbed a small placard from the napkin-holder. “What’s good to eat here?”

Several glances went to the behemoth before Bartlett prodded a burly bicep, “We just ate, Hoss! Hungry already?”

“You know me, Tic Tac. I can always eat.”

Before sipping his beer, Dave pointed at several menu options. “Those are pretty good, so are the burgers. Stay away from the pickle chips, they always come out wrong.”

The enforcer groaned, sounding satanic. “Damn, I could eat a fryer basket of those!” Looking back at Ingle, he resumed the topic, “I hear ya on day runs. I’m not sure which I prefer; they both have benefits.”

Once Remis returned, Ingle noticed him slipping a scrap of paper in his pocket. “Man works fast! One beer in and he’s got her number.”

“What can I say? Americans are suckers for an accent.”

Vincent sighed and tilted his head backwards, “True.”

The table erupted in laughter, including the Irish alpha slapping the table. For the next few hours, rounds were bought and the group revelled in every conversation. It was the first night in a long time where Ingle had a damned good time.

***

Sitting on the floor with papers scattered in neat piles, Cyrus typed dedicatedly. He needed a night to handle business. As productive as we are together, I think it’s best to have a day or two away from Kaplan. Experimenting with the work schedule, the alpha was able to focus on minor details throughout the different districts.

After an hour of committed labor, he pressed his back against the couch. I should have gotten the two bedroom down the hall! Perhaps I should lease an office space nearby.

Yes. Floor no comfort.

Or maybe we need to eat more for extra padding.

Ha! Human funny.

Hearing his bear’s joyful mood calmed his mind. Perhaps a walk? I’ve been at it for several hours now. Rising, he stretched his muscles and picked a casual outfit to suit the chilled weather.

Once on the street, Cyrus picked a random direction and started. He lit a bamboo cigarette and admired the nightlife around him. So subtly lit! Much different than the Square or other busy avenues. I picked a slice of paradise, didn’t I?

Not that it matters much. With everything going on, I haven’t had as much time to settle down, compared to when I was the council auditor. For my first pack, this is proving to be a challenge. Recalling the issues he had squashed with Tierney and Kaplan, only one continuing to lurk in his mind.

Snyder. Our hacker is still working, which shows he has something to hide. Wagner is being trained by Rick, and that might take a while. I’m hesitant to move in with a business proposition.

Delta tip off.

Not intentionally, but yes. Having the new alpha seem interested, followed by a council member is quite a waving flag. But I need Wagner!

Use him, but no use.

My bear, your riddles are always fascinating to me. What do you mean?

The animal spirit explained himself. Cyrus halted and took a long puff from his cigarette.

“Yes. Yes, that will do perfectly.”

Copyright © 2021 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 41
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



4 minutes ago, Peter J. Gee said:

OH Bloody Hell, you've made my Tuesday/your Monday come early.

What can I say but You ROCK,

so now maybe I get nothing my Tuesday/your Monday.

Had to stop reading to make this statement..... I'll you go and I'll get back into it.

As per Patch "Your King" flavour of the month🥰(s,s,s,s,s,s,)

Lol! I'm so confused, it's Friday for me here... I don't have an exact posting schedule for my stories, but if I was abiding by one and I didn't know it, whoopsie daisies!

Thanks for commenting, @Peter J. Gee! Hope to see another comment about your thoughts on the chapter!! :D

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, it would seem a co-operation between the 2 groups would be a great outcome. Cyrus has a bit of problem but no doubt he will get to the bottom of the issue, Remis seems to be a real hoot

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

No conspiracies, looking for what is not obvious until you tell us or surprise us with " Like Remis" now that went well

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

HUSH now.... you keep wearing it as you are doing wonders Wonders WONDERS with this story.... it's all yours and I'm enjoying every step of the way🧢

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

I fully agree with my co-readers that an Irish / Texas alliance sounds good.  I think that our favorite pack needs some cushion from Steurm, and some allies.  Steurm would be the type to take advantage while Vincent is occupied with Stefan.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, CincyKris said:

I fully agree with my co-readers that an Irish / Texas alliance sounds good.  I think that our favorite pack needs some cushion from Steurm, and some allies.  Steurm would be the type to take advantage while Vincent is occupied with Stefan.

Stuerm seems like the guy to do that...

Thanks for commenting, Cincy!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Another perfect chapter!  I love how you introduced an Irishman into the mix...especially with a thick Irish Brogue.  I can almost hear him talking!  Your creativity is impressive my friend!!!  Hmmm another lightning affinity...maybe he will shoot a bolt or two at Stuerm!  Hahahaha :joe::worship::heart:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Patch1 said:

Another perfect chapter!  I love how you introduced an Irishman into the mix...especially with a thick Irish Brogue.  I can almost hear him talking!  Your creativity is impressive my friend!!!  Hmmm another lightning affinity...maybe he will shoot a bolt or two at Stuerm!  Hahahaha :joe::worship::heart:

Mmmm, thick Irish Brogue... hmm? I'm sorry, what? Where were we?

Plans are in place, my friend. Lightning will be shot... eventually.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Hmmm, an Irish brogue doesn’t make a brute, but a brute can wear a smile and enjoy a drink until he has his audience dancing to his script. On the surface Remus appears sincere, and could potentially make an ally, but the story also reads as if the euro hunters have him tired and ready for semi-retirement; so why petition for a large territory and a somewhat urban setting at that. If he continues to prove sincere and worthy, with his keen insights and awareness, he could also be a great addition to the larger alliance of regional alphas; he did provide some manipulation training on the spot to an upcoming but powerful young mage. The Electric Panda should provide some confidence in Remus’ persona and that reference was freely exchanged speaking volumes for Remus.

Vinsy once again gets a friendly reminder of his inexperience, but true to his friendly and inquisitive nature, demonstrates his ability to attract friends and allies. This could be a weakness to be exploited in the future, but with an accumulation of allies it seems the layers of protection would prove that most difficult in the long run.

The Electric Panda feels his distraction from work, but not to reflect that as bad, but at a level of partnership he has never truly had to balance; as a problem solver he is bound to get it managed before he fails in duty or love ❤️.

@astone2292, a great character introduction and story build up to the many suspenseful storylines within, great addition here!

Edited by Philippe
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well, we’ll, well…the plot thickens on SO many levels. I’m sure it’s all part of your diabolical plan… 

Excellent chapter!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Philippe said:

Hmmm, an Irish brogue doesn’t make a brute, but a brute can wear a smile and enjoy a drink until he has his audience dancing to his script. On the surface Remus appears sincere, and could potentially make an ally, but the story also reads as if the euro hunters have him tired and ready for semi-retirement; so why petition for a large territory and a somewhat urban setting at that. If he continues to prove sincere and worthy, with his keen insights and awareness, he could also be a great addition to the larger alliance of regional alphas; he did provide some manipulation training on the spot to an upcoming but powerful young mage. The Electric Panda should provide some confidence in Remus’ persona and that reference was freely exchanged speaking volumes for Remus.

Vinsy once again gets a friend reminder of his inexperience, but true to his friendly and inquisitive nature, demonstrates his ability to attract friends and allies. This. Hold be a weakness to be exploited in the future, but with an accumulation of allies it seems the layers of protection would prove that most difficult in the long run.

The Electric Panda feels his distraction from work, but not to reflect that as bad, but at a level of partnership he has never truly had to balance; as a problem solver he is bound to get it managed before he fails in duty or love ❤️.

@astone2292, a great character introduction and story build up to the many suspenseful storylines within, great addition here!

What a fascinating analysis of Remis, Vincent, and Cyrus! I love it! Thank you so much for commenting, Philippe!

2 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Love the Irish addition; and the idea of him and the Beta/Delta from Texas teaming up has some interesting potential.  That said, I could see some issues with it as well.  Even the people that have never met Stuerm don't seem to trust him.  I still wonder why he tried to hide the fourth person at the meeting in the last chapter.  

Excellent work as always. can't wait to see what happens next...

Thanks for commenting, Centex! Stuerm's underhandedness will be revealed... in due time.

17 minutes ago, JR Tittle said:

Well, we’ll, well…the plot thickens on SO many levels. I’m sure it’s all part of your diabolical plan… 

Excellent chapter!

louise belcher laughing GIF

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I had a great laugh at the first encounter between a naked Vincent trying to look imposing on the roof and called out Alpha McCabe.  Then McCabe's brief introduction before dashing to "use the jacks."  His meeting with Bartlett and Ashford was very friendly considering they are competitors. Dinner with McCabe was interesting.  He seems to have all the right ideas, and accepts Bartlett and Ashford's relationship, as well as feeling them as equals.  Vincent's reflection on the eccentric Irishman feels very true.

Quote

He’s like the interesting uncle that comes to holiday parties. Not quite jolly, but not serious either, Remis plays a balance between them easily, almost like Cyrus! 

I love VinnW's comment on the three of them making a good team.  He's one smart pup!

Running into Shaw and Ingle provided some interesting discussion.  Dave is definitely stuck on Stacy by this point.  I also like that Remis got right to the core of Shaw's discomfort and suggested he see a wolf shift.  It will probably do the man good.  

You got my interest piqued wanting to know what advice Cyrus' panda gave to Cyrus.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, raven1 said:

I had a great laugh at the first encounter between a naked Vincent trying to look imposing on the roof and called out Alpha McCabe.  Then McCabe's brief introduction before dashing to "use the jacks."  His meeting with Bartlett and Ashford was very friendly considering they are competitors. Dinner with McCabe was interesting.  He seems to have all the right ideas, and accepts Bartlett and Ashford's relationship, as well as feeling them as equals.  Vincent's reflection on the eccentric Irishman feels very true.

I love VinnW's comment on the three of them making a good team.  He's one smart pup!

Running into Shaw and Ingle provided some interesting discussion.  Dave is definitely stuck on Stacy by this point.  I also like that Remis got right to the core of Shaw's discomfort and suggested he see a wolf shift.  It will probably do the man good.  

You got my interest piqued wanting to know what advice Cyrus' panda gave to Cyrus.

I love Cyrus, but I could write McCabe for years! Wily, abrupt, uncanny, and so intellectual. 

My lips are sealed involving Cyrus' plots...

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..