Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 4,639 Words
  • 4,097 Views
  • 37 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rising in the Shadows - 25. Chapter 25: Eerie Employment

His eyes opened. Tierney’s instinct woke him, forcing him to take in his surroundings. The bedroom appeared to have been untouched.

Footsteps, just outside the front door. Silent as a mouse, he slid off the bed and retrieved the pistol from the nightstand. Flicking off the safety, he slowly approached the bedroom door. The steps are quiet. It’s almost as if…

He heard a click. Immediately, he dove, expecting a round to come through the door.

Nothing. Gripping the gun tight, he flung open his door and aimed.

He scanned the apartment to make sure he wasn’t going crazy. What the fuck is going on? Darting his body in both directions, he began the process of clearing his home. Room by room, he found no evidence of intrusion. When Tierney reached the front door, he stopped.

A cardboard box sat on the floor. Taking note, he continued his search. The apartment was clear. But that box wasn’t there when I went to bed.

Before touching it, Tierney examined it from all sides. No noises were emitted, no signs of disturbance, and no magical energy was wafting. He muttered to himself, “How the hell did you get here?”

A shadowy wisp caused him to jerk back and bring up his pistol. The black fog dissipated and a grey envelope was left in its place.

It was addressed to Tierney Scott.

Analyzing what he just saw, he tried to read the area’s magical aura. Nothing! How can that be? That was shadow magic, and it just happened!

His phone went off in the bedroom. Keeping his gun trained, he backpedaled. Tapping the screen, he saw the message from an unknown number, From the EC.

Tierney wasn’t convinced. He thumbed his contacts and pressed the phone against his ear. A few rings later and the line picked up, “Tierney… why are you calling at… four in the morning?” The panda’s voice was haggard and rough.

The lycan’s was whispered and irritated, “Cy, when were you going to tell me the EC had shadow mages? There’s a box and envelope in my apartment, and a message on my phone saying it’s from them!”

“There’s a what? That’s… well, that’s new. Send me a screenshot of the message.”

Following the instructions, he waited for Cyrus’ response, “Well?”

“It’s the EC. I had to verify the number, but it’s them. The box should be safe to open.”

Tierney didn’t like Cyrus’ handling of the situation, “Should? What do you mean should?”

“Just don’t pick it up and throw it. Carefully slice open the top and examine the contents. I’ll stay on the phone with you.”

“You better! For crying out loud, they broke into my home!” Returning to the box, Tierney set the gun and phone down, set the call to speaker mode, and shifted a fingernail. I feel like I’m defusing a bomb! Splitting the tape, he slowly lifted the flaps.

A flip phone laid on top of a sleek laptop. He reached for the phone, but retracted when it started ringing. This shit's getting creepy!

Picking it up, he opened it and saw that the call was answered. He put it against his ear, "Hello?"

"Alpha Tierney Scott, a pleasure!" A British accent came over the line.

Oh, it's too early for this! He flicked on the lights and targeted his coffee maker, "Intrusion in my apartment at four in the morning isn't exactly a pleasure. Who is this?"

"Oh, dear, I am terribly sorry about—"

"Try again. This phone rang just after I opened the box. You have a shadow mage watching me, and if I were a betting man, I'd say that's you. How about we talk face to face?"

The man chuckled, "Very smart. Alpha Vonder spoke highly of your intelligence. I think you'll do just fine. You’re correct, I'm the shadow mage who left your welcome package. However, I have other business that needs my attention and I'm already in Maine, ready to cross the North Atlantic.

"As for the inconvenient timing, I apologize. My fellow auditors have been absolutely swamped! Councilman Bylus instructed me to drop off your welcome kit at my earliest convenience, and this was it."

Tierney grumbled under his breath. Cyrus did say they were short-handed, and this guy confirmed it. "It's alright, I'll get over it. Sorry if I sounded like an ass."

"You're quite fine, Alpha Scott. Please, familiarize yourself with the letter, it holds plenty of information. Hate to cut our time, but I need to cross the ocean. Not a lot of signal out that way."

"Of course. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"I didn't say." The line clicked.

Staring at the phone, Tierney chuffed. What is he, a character in a James Bond movie? Shrugging off the conversation, he grabbed a cup of coffee and opened the letter.

Alpha Tierney Scott,

Alpha Vonder reached out in regards to the issues in Kentucky. We regret announcing our auditors’ inability to attend to such problems. However, with Cyrus’ commendation and your incomparable experience as the leader of NYSP, the Council has approved a temporary term for you as an investigator.

There are a few guidelines we wish to go over with you. You are not a fully trained auditor, thus you are unfamiliar with the proper procedures and verbal maneuvers our staff use. We will not condone any physical means of finding answers, unless you are provoked. In addition, use the power of your voice sparingly. The Executive Council has an image that must be protected at all costs.

You have been provided a cell phone. Keep this charged and in a secret place when not performing your investigative duties. When working, it shall remain on your person. There is a tracking device installed within its frame to monitor activity. This is your only warning; removing the phone’s battery is a distress signal, which will alert the council and our Emergency Response Team. If the battery dies, the distress signal will not activate.

The use of this device is to signal information drops, as we do not utilize any digital data transference of vital information. Be very specific when placing a drop, such as a house’s mailbox or underneath a restaurant’s dumpster. There are appropriate contacts set on the phone for you to use. Do not misuse them, as you will find the device missing by the next day.

Your mission is simple; investigate. The status given to you does not grant you the power to arrest. Simply announce your intentions to Alpha Randall Stuerm, collect information, and report. Should Stuerm refuse to meet your investigative demands, inform him of your duty to the EC and report the information with a drop. We’ll take it from there.

Your government thanks you, Alpha Scott. Should your mission prove successful, payment and an offer to continue the role will follow.

Regards,
Antonin Marlo
Executive Councilman

***

Vincent sat on the cool, crisp grass under his favorite tree. With the landscaping done, he just needed to wait until spring to plant the flowers. The thought calmed him and his wolf.

"Excellent! Now feel for your shadow magic."

Listening to Yakob's words, Vincent obeyed. The sensation of using a calm emotion for his power was different. Opening his eyes, he lifted a hand and attempted to toy with his shadow.

For two hours, Vincent attempted to control his shadows while his wolf had a difficult time maintaining his inner peace. Anger wanted to seep through when they found no success. Relax, bud, we're not going to get it unless you settle down.

No work. Anger work fine, why no use?

Using anger wastes energy, and it can get us in trouble when we're fighting. He tried to think of a way for his secondary consciousness to focus more. Try to think like you're hunting, you have to approach carefully to avoid detection, right?

Yes. Quiet, so prey not notice.

Same thing applies here. Take that and embrace calmness.

I try.

With the newfound advice, the minds coordinated. Vincent lifted his hand once more, and saw the shadow darkening. Delight filled his heart, “I’m doing it.”

“Good, now make it move. Picture the calm in your head as moving water.” Yakob circled around Vincent as the silhouette bent slowly.

I get it. It’s like a tide. Waving an arm, the darkness followed the movement. He stood and practiced.

“Now, increase the flow. Make it stronger!”

Obeying, he felt the calmness rush through his fingers. Vincent gasped and turned to send his magic flying. A tentacle emerged and darted across the lawn. The mage felt like a sentient body of water, controlled by the energy within him. He brought up a wall and noticed his magic reserves. I’m not using a damned bit of it!

No, you’re using much less than you were with anger. With this emotion, the shadows work with you. With anger, you were forcing them to act. You’ll notice everything is easier now and much more responsive. Try running, but don’t go too fast.

Making the world turn gray, Vincent glided around the house to test his speed. He’s right! It’s so much smoother now! Returning to his teacher, he emerged from the shadows and smiled, “This is incredible, Yakob!”

“Glad you think so. That does it for today’s lesson, but I do have homework for you. I want you to explore the world.”

Vincent gulped, “The… world?”

The monk stifled a laugh with his hand, “Yes, but do it carefully. Using anger was a hindrance, not only to your energy, but also to the affinity itself. Running will be much faster, but you may get sick doing so. Keep your pacing as you did before, but slowly increase the speed.”

This concerned Vincent. “I could get sick? How fast can you run in the shadows?”

Yakob’s smirk was unsettling, “How long does it take you to get to the monastery, going full speed?”

“About two minutes.”

“Try thirty seconds.”

Th-thirty seconds! A shiver ran down Vincent’s spine. I already have a hard time seeing where I’m going. How the hell can he see?

I don’t. I know the direction, then slow down when I approach. With a chuckle, Yakob rested a hand on Vincent’s shoulder, “It’s almost November. I’ll return here in March. Explore the world, learn your pacing, and master your emotions. When I come back, we will spar with nothing held back.”

Mimicking, he clapped the monk’s shoulder, “I can’t thank you enough, Yakob. You’ve taught me so much. If I have questions, can I come visit you?”

“Of course!” The hand slipped away and the monk walked away, “Visit me whenever you like. Maybe you can help Raul with his manipulation.”

“I can do that.”

With a wave, Yakob disappeared in a small cloud of black smog. Staring in the direction of the monastery, Vincent was grateful for meeting the monk. I couldn’t have done this without him. Turning, he felt an itch of adventure. Mace won’t be home for a few more hours.

Let’s go exploring!

***

Sliding her card filled her with glee. Finally! I’m off! Stacy whipped the apron off her waist and grabbed her keys before making it out of Beansies. Get me away from this hell-hole!

Her morning shift was the pits. The Chamber of Commerce monthly network meeting chose the shop as their location. In addition to their nonstop need of black coffee, none of the twelve members knew how to shut up. To make matters worse, Stacy thought they were just the silliest group of fake suits. Like, that guy looked like he was laughing, but didn’t make a sound! Him and his salmon socks can go fuck off!

Strike one.

Adding another issue to the mix, it was Monday. Everyone with a hankering for coffee did not share the chamber’s morning energy. Half of the orders were mumbled, causing Stacy to either ask for it to be repeated, or a drink was made incorrectly. Speak up, assholes!

Strike two.

She glanced at the clock twenty minutes before her shift was to end. Understandably excited, Stacy’s mood picked up. Until a lady with a black dress shirt, khaki pants, and a brown satchel walked in. Stacy instantly recognized her. Oh, you have got to be kidding me!

The company’s internal standards auditor, Tammy.

Forget strike three. Ejected!

Stacy was trained for this day. Rumors flew about this lady from the managers and supervisors, not only at the Owensville location, but every store in the nation. Cruel, unforgiving, and worst of all, picky.

Tammy got to work, introducing herself to the lowly baristas with a cheery smile. She explained her role, to make sure everything was happening exactly as Beansies wanted it. The false front didn’t deter Stacy. She’s here to judge everything.

From the warnings and understandings when she was being trained years ago, the moment Tammy walked in the door, expect mandatory overtime for the shift. If you were to leave in two minutes, forget about it!

Stacy stood at the register, putting on the best performance of her career as the next customer came up. “Good morning, and welcome to Beansies! How may I take your order, sir?”

“Small short blonde roast, no cream, two sugars.”

The man’s dry and somber demeanor bounced off Stacy’s customer service skills, “Alright! We have a small short blonde roast with no cream and two sugars. Could I interest you in our buy one, get one free croissants?”

“No, just the coffee.”

She could see the customer’s soulless eyes, and understood his need for her to get a move on. But her smile never faltered. “I gotcha! Your total is $3.57.” Stacy watched in anticipation. He’s going for his wallet… cash pocket! He handed her a bill. “Out of five?” I hate that line, but it’s in the script and Tammy’s a few steps behind me. No doubt she’s listening! Punching in the payment, she collected the proper change, “$1.43 is your change. Can I get your name for the order?”

“Tanner.”

She froze. Fuck! I did that out of order! Name, then get the payment! Brushing off her impending doom, Stacy told the man his coffee would be out shortly.

As she turned, Tammy’s beady eyes pierced her soul, “Good job, but make sure to get the customer’s name before asking for payment. It makes them feel more welcome.”

Keeping up her facade, Stacy nodded and hoped her spotless record wasn’t in jeopardy. The auditory visit lasted nearly an hour, and by the time Tammy left, the crew was exhausted. Stacy, along with two of the other morning employees were sent home.

She started her car and sat as the heater kicked on. Just as she was about to take off her ball cap, a jazzy saxophone tune came from her phone. Like clockwork. She knew it was Dave, and that made her smile. Reading the message, she responded back and drove out of the employee lot. Off to JD’s!

Parking next to Dave’s truck, she hopped out, flung her cap and apron in the passenger seat, and turned to find her sculpted boyfriend behind her. “Gods, Dave! I told you to quit sneaking up on me like that!”

He smirked and lowered himself to steal a kiss, “Can’t help it, I like surprising you.”

“Right, like a wolf hunting for food?”

“You know me so well.” He took her hand and walked to the diner, “So, I’ve been invited to something. I asked if you could come, and the answer’s yes.”

“Oh?” Invited? “You sound like this is a formal thing?”

Dave opened the door for her and found his usual booth, “It is. For me, it's a suit and tie minimum.”

“Oh, shit? I’ll need to dig out my dresses. What’s going on?”

***

Vincent knew it would be coming up. But so soon? “We’ve been invited to Cyrus’ inauguration? This weekend?”

His mate nodded and pulled him in closer on the couch, “Yep. It’s kind of short notice, but he invited our whole council, his personal friends, and some of the fancy people of NYSP. It’ll be a big night, pup.”

“I’d say so! This means he’d have to perform a Mage’s Dance!”

“And he’s swearing in the council members that are staying with him.”

That gives him less than a week to prepare! Comparing his performance’s timetable, Vincent shook off his worries. Cyrus is a strong guy. He’ll come up with something spectacular. “Sounds like a plan, but our whole council’s going? Don’t we need to have someone stay here?”

Mason smirked, “Dad and Henry said they’ll keep an eye on things. If things get hairy, Trent and Fred are only an hour away.”

“Wait, is Remis coming too?”

“Yeah. He called and asked if we were going. With everything going on in Mesker Park, the three agreed to send only him. And before you think about it, Dave said Quinn’s already approved the time off. Our flight’s Thursday in the morning,”

The mage chuckled, “What, no shadow running?”

“Hey, go argue with Kaplan. He booked our flights and put us in some swanky hotel near the Hudson River.”

Vincent was beyond excited for the sudden trip. I can’t wait to see everyone again! I wonder how Kaplan’s taking this? Seeing his boyfriend take control of a giant pack like that must be nerve-racking.

***

“The Equinox has the whole floor booked for your guests, the venue is paid for, and as of now, you have a confirmed eighty-four coming.” Kaplan pressed a few keys on his laptop and sent a document to Cyrus and the other inauguration committee members.

“Excellent work!” The panda popped open a bottle of wine and poured two glasses. “Have our friends in Kentucky responded?”

“Yes, all of them are coming. I went ahead and approved Dave’s plus one, if that’s okay?”

“Is it the human girl that was exposed? If so, I agree with your judgement. This might help her with getting accustomed to the supernatural.”

Kaplan closed his computer and accepted the alpha’s offering, “Thanks, Cy. So, are you excited? Friday’s going to be huge!”

The panda sat next to him, “I’m very eager. I haven’t performed a dance in quite some time, but I’m sure I can come up with something.” Cyrus caught the concern on Kaplan’s face, “Don’t worry, my pup. I’ll have something prepared before the dance. I will meditate on it.”

He wrapped an arm around the slender waist, and was met by Kaplan’s body leaning in. The purple around his neck had begun to fade. I’ll need to mark him again. “Has your firm hired any of the interns that applied?”

“They hired four, one for each of us. Zach’s a smart kid, but the bigger cases intimidate him. Once I break down the argument, he gets it.” Kaplan chuffed, “He’s quick on the draw too. I can’t wait to bring him in on my case next week!”

“It’s good to see you upbeat about your work, pup. From what I’ve seen, Vogel is doing very well as the public secretary.”

Kaplan clapped his hands and turned to face him, “I know, right? He’s awesome! Colleen keeps hitting on him though.”

Remembering Colleen Krist from his introductory meeting, he giggled vivaciously, “I believe she will go after any man in power. I’m surprised she wasn’t the one to ask about Mrs. Vonder.”

The couple shared a hearty laugh as they cuddled on the loveseat. Calming down, Kaplan whispered, “I like you, Cyrus.”

The statement caught him off guard. It was the first time Kaplan openly expressed his feelings toward the bear. The panda could only smile, but chuckled as their foreheads touched, “That won’t do, my little pup.”

Seeing the wolf’s smile lower, Cyrus separated and let his eyes shine bright, “I love you.”

Kaplan gasped and searched the bear’s gaze.

Cyrus withdrew his lips, fearing he had overstepped in their relationship. “If… if you don’t—”

A hand held his face, and he felt the soft presence of Kaplan on his lips. Staring at the beta’s closed eyelids, Cyrus thought his heart would burst with happiness. Closing his eyes, he welcomed the wolf’s affection.

They parted for a moment, enough for Kaplan to breathe softly, “I love you too, Cyrus.”

Gazing in the wolf’s brown irises, Cyrus smiled and caressed Kaplan’s face, “How long have you wanted to say that?”

“For a couple weeks. I… didn’t want to say anything.”

Weeks? “Why?”

Kaplan fidgeted his thumbs and looked away nervously, “I wasn’t sure how your bear would take it.”

“Kaplan. That is beyond touching.” The bear took the busy hands and held them tight, “If I made it seem like my bear controls every decision in my half of the relationship, then I’m sorry. I merely listen and take his guidance.”

“I know, but I’d like…” The wolf grew quiet.

Cyrus could smell the nervousness wafting, “My Kaplan, you know you’re able to say anything to me. Speak your mind.”

After a moment of hesitation, the grip on the bear’s hand gently tightened, “I’d like to see you make the first step for once. Don’t get me wrong, I love your bear’s playfulness and wisdom, but you’re here too, Cyrus.”

He breathed in, but couldn’t find a reason to exhale. Taking the criticism was difficult as he saw the truth. He right.

My bear? You say Kaplan’s correct?

Yes, but not see until now. You half, so do what you want.

I’m not sure you would agree with what I want.

I know what want. Go.

Smiling, Cyrus stood from his seat. Just as Kaplan began to question the movement, the bear picked him up and whispered, “As counterproductive as it sounds, I just took some advice from my bear. He agrees with you, Kaplan, so I’m doing what I want.” They crossed the bedroom doorway and Cyrus spoke softer, “I only hope you want it too.”

As he laid the wolf down, their lips connected. The bear took his shirt off, and he felt Kaplan doing the same underneath him. Once they were both nude, their skin made contact.

His shining eyes focused on the massive hickey. Cyrus struck. Hearing Kaplan choke and gasp for air gave him a high. A sense of power coursed through his body as he towered over the slender body. Releasing the hold on the wolf’s throat, he admired his work momentarily before whispering huskily, “I want you, Kaplan.”

He spread the wolf’s legs with his knees, causing the beta to gasp. The hot breath landed on Cyrus’ neck, causing him to growl. He lowered himself, leaving a stream of kisses along the way. Eyeing Kaplan’s manhood, the bear took it in one fell swoop. He enjoyed making the wolf writhe and moan. The longing in his chest grew with every passing bob. I will take him.

Yes, take and make ours.

No, my bear! I’ll save that for Friday night.

I see. I like plan.

“Cyrus!”

The desperate pant caught his attention. Rising from his position, the bear pushed Kaplan’s knees. “Do you want this, pu—”

“Yes,” The whispered word came suddenly, “Do it, Cyrus. Make love to me.”

His emerald irises burned with power, “Are you sure? You can only give it once.”

Kaplan held the back of his knees and stared fearlessly at his lover, “I’ve never been so sure of anything. I want you to have it.”

“Kaplan,” The bear was moved. He would give himself to me? “Thank you. I will make this night unforgettable.” He leaned in and kissed the wolf briefly before lowering himself once more. Licking his lips, Cyrus dove. Passionately, he lashed his tongue across and inside the sensitive opening.

The lycan was vocal, but Cyrus knew his size would be an issue. Preparation was the goal. He desired easy entrance. Satisfied with the lax ring of muscle, he rose. Foraging in the nightstand, Cyrus retrieved a bottle, “Are you ready, pup?”

At the sound of Kaplan’s whimper, the panda knew the wolf’s desperate need. Using the lube, Cyrus slicked himself. Taking a slippery finger, he pushed on Kaplan’s opening.

His heart fluttered. It’s so soft and warm, almost like velvet! With Kaplan’s initial gasp, Cyrus thought he had hurt him. No, he’s breathing fine. Applying more lubricant, he inserted a second finger. A hiss followed and Cyrus halted, “It’s okay, pup. Breathe, and relax.”

Kaplan nodded and followed the instruction. Only when he gave approval did Cyrus continue. “I need you, Cy.”

“Are you ready for me?” He watched as Kaplan could only nod. Positioning himself, the bear pressed gently.

The wolf’s ring gave way, and Kaplan’s moan was music to Cyrus’ ears. With the utmost care, he continued. The flesh around his manhood was tight and warm. He murmured, “Kaplan.”

Hands touched his hips, making Cyrus growl again. As his hips landed, both men stared at each other. He looks perfect underneath me. Letting go of Kaplan’s legs, he laced his fingers across the hairless chest, “You feel heavenly, my pup. Am I hurting you?”

“No,” Kaplan’s head shook slightly, “You’re big, but it feels nice.”

Leaning down, Cyrus put more of his weight on the wolf. A whimper was silenced as he pressed his lips on Kaplan’s. Being inside the man he cared so much for, the bear desired perfection. This is his first time.

Best for wolf.

Without a doubt, my bear, he deserves it. With grace, he rocked his hips.

Kaplan gasped, taking Cyrus’ breath. Fingers dug into the alpha’s back, “Cyrus!”

The emerald eyes shone bright. He watched the wolf’s facial expressions as he increased the length of his strokes. Every whimper, moan, and mention of Cyrus’ name enticed the bear to move faster, but he kept himself in control.

He lost track of time with the painstakingly slow pace. A hand slapped onto his chest, grabbing Cyrus’ attention. “Fuck me, Cy!”

His bear’s mind launched to the front. Want my mate!

Have at him, my friend. Just remember we’re—

I know. No mate, but want give love to him. Giving into his animal spirit caused his eyes to burn brighter. “Kaplan…”

Gasping, Kaplan’s hand lowered. Biting his bottom lip, he visibly shivered, “Cy… Cyrus?”

“No, pup,” Cyrus’ tone rumbled as he positioned his hands on Kaplan’s hips, “Call me… your bear.”

The lust poured from the wolf, and after a moment of hesitation, Kaplan whispered, “Fuck me, my bear.” At the statement, the alpha picked up the pace. His pup’s breathing quickened, as did his need to make noise. “Oh gods, Cyrus! I’m… I’m going to come!”

Cyrus’ eyes rolled into the back of his head as he neared his own climax. The feeling of his own skin smacking against Kaplan’s drove him to the edge faster, “Yes! Yes, Kaplan!”

A high pitch moan accompanied the tightening of the wolf’s ring. The scent of spunk permeated the air. I’m… I’m… The bear’s eyes landed on the deep purple mark on the neck beneath him. His instinct trickled closer to the front of his mind. No! No bite!

Bending closer to have both chests meet, Cyrus gripped Kaplan’s hips tight as he growled. With a final thrust, he pushed against the slender body. The wolf was his. Breathing heavily, Cyrus could only stare, “Mine.”

Kaplan smiled and stroked the dark arms holding him in place, “All yours, my bear.”

They stayed in their position for several minutes. Parting the black hairs from Kaplan’s face, Cyrus’ pride for his choice in mate overflowed, and he wanted to give his pup the world. Reverting back to his human personality, he gingerly fingered the wolf’s chin, “I will make you the happiest man alive.”

Copyright © 2021 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 55
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Absolutely loving this story @astone2292.

Great characters and a great storyline - very descriptive in all respects.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Mark

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well you know how I feel!  I am beyond happy!  Beautifully written chapter..... Everything about it was perfect.  You are simply amazing.   So much is packed into this chapter and the ending....WOW!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Patch1 said:

Well you know how I feel!  I am beyond happy!  Beautifully written chapter..... Everything about it was perfect.  You are simply amazing.   So much is packed into this chapter and the ending....WOW!!!

I'm always happy to see your seal of approval, Patch! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Wonderful chapter, so much good energy and positivity.   Glad that Vincent is learning to use something other than anger to drive his abilities.   

Glad that Stacy didn't kill the auditor and that she is going to get to go to NYC with the rest of them.

Tierney being spooked was sort of cool.  Amazing that he was able to sense that a shadow mage came into his space.

Cyrus and Kaplan are just too cute together.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

Wonderful chapter, so much good energy and positivity.   Glad that Vincent is learning to use something other than anger to drive his abilities.   

Glad that Stacy didn't kill the auditor and that she is going to get to go to NYC with the rest of them.

Tierney being spooked was sort of cool.  Amazing that he was able to sense that a shadow mage came into his space.

Cyrus and Kaplan are just too cute together.

I love your comments, centex. Seeing Stacy invited to NY is a big step for her relationship with Dave. I thought it would be important for Tierney to get a reality check before he is off on his mission.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Even your feel good chapters leave me with more questions. If the EC has at least one shadow madge, why are they shrouded in so much secrecy? Why do they have a reputation of such evil? I am sure all the other affinities have their share of bad boys. So why do one or two bad apples give the shadow madges such a bad name?

And Ty, a fire madge and very strong wolf, felt the need of a handgun to clear the apartment?

Cy really needs to become an equal with his bear. He defers too much.

Write faster mister!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Even your feel good chapters leave me with more questions. If the EC has at least one shadow madge, why are they shrouded in so much secrecy? Why do they have a reputation of such evil? I am sure all the other affinities have their share of bad boys. So why do one or two bad apples give the shadow madges such a bad name?

And Ty, a fire madge and very strong wolf, felt the need of a handgun to clear the apartment?

Cy really needs to become an equal with his bear. He defers too much.

Write faster mister!

Well, it was four in the morning, and he also probably didn't want to torch his apartment. Blood is a lot easier to deal with than burning walls. LOL

 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Well Ty gets spooked by the shadows, but with Stefan about, it’s wise to give caution where lurking 👀 is unverifiable. Ty’s protocols prove him worthy as the Electric Panda did vouch, now we have two Alpha friends outside of Alpha row that hold council trust; while perhaps one on Alpha row holds council hope.

With the Electric Panda executing his plan, with Ty running his investigation, Alpha Struem should soon be approaching a snare of his own rigging.

Meanwhile, the Electric Panda seems be going deep undercover with his own internal investigation with full discovery of virgin territories; however, being a smooth operator should be helpful in releasing any pent-up energies held in reserve.

Likewise, the newest Alpha gets a teacher’s pass to the greater outdoors; Tour de France? How does that shadow walking-on-water work for the God touched…rather hery.

@astone2292, the explosive scenes brought forth by the wizard 🧙 Mickey in Fantasia comes to mind; as I envision wispy shadows and burst 💥 of lightning ️, flashing amongst fiery bombs 💣 lobbed,  much in an icy fog of diamond brilliance. And then,… oh my (bear)! 🤦 

Edited by Philippe
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Kitt said:

Even your feel good chapters leave me with more questions. If the EC has at least one shadow madge, why are they shrouded in so much secrecy? Why do they have a reputation of such evil? I am sure all the other affinities have their share of bad boys. So why do one or two bad apples give the shadow madges such a bad name?

And Ty, a fire madge and very strong wolf, felt the need of a handgun to clear the apartment?

Cy really needs to become an equal with his bear. He defers too much.

Write faster mister!

I love leaving my readers curious! 

The shadow affinity; the ability to control the darkness. Out of the types of magic we've seen, if I were to label one as "evil" or "malignant," it'd be a tie between shadow and fire. It's a very rare affinity and the only way to possess it is by sheer luck, or committing terrible acts. 

Cyrus and his bear are an emotional hot mess, and I'm not sure if some readers are getting it. There is a lot of dependence going on there...

I'm writing! I'm writing! :read:

3 hours ago, Ajbt2001 said:

Well, it was four in the morning, and he also probably didn't want to torch his apartment. Blood is a lot easier to deal with than burning walls. LOL

 

This is a true, but unsettling statement. How... would you know blood is easier to deal with? :unsure: Abjt, is there something you'd like to talk about?

1 hour ago, Philippe said:

Well Ty gets spooked by the shadows, but with Stefan about, it’s wise to give caution where lurking 👀 is unverifiable. Ty’s protocols prove him worthy as the Electric Panda did vouch, now we have two Alpha friends outside of Alpha row that hold council trust; while perhaps one on Alpha row holds council hope.

With the Electric Panda executing his plan, with Ty running his investigation, Alpha Struem should soon be approaching a snare of his own rigging.

Meanwhile, the Electric Panda seems be going deep undercover with his own internal investigation with full discovery of virgin territories; however, being a smooth operator should be helpful in releasing any pent-up energies held in reserve.

Likewise, the newest Alpha gets a teacher’s pass to the greater outdoors; Tour de France? How does that shadow walking-on-water work for the God touched…rather hery.

@astone2292, the explosive scenes brought forth by the wizard 🧙 Mickey in Fantasia comes to mind; as I envision wispy shadows and burst 💥 of lightning ️, flashing amongst fiery bombs 💣 lobbed,  much in an icy fog of diamond brilliance. And then,… oh my (bear)! 🤦 

I mean, Stefan hasn't dug his tendrils around New York, as far as I know at least. 

There are so many alphas doing so many things! So. Much. Testosterone! And I love it.

I'm looking forward to creating Cyrus' dance! There will be light...ning!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, astone2292 said:

This is a true, but unsettling statement. How... would you know blood is easier to deal with? :unsure: Abjt, is there something you'd like to talk about?

Hmm wouldn't you like to know. LOL 

It's just a hunch.

Umm yeah, we'll go with that. 😇

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I love leaving my readers curious! 

The shadow affinity; the ability to control the darkness. Out of the types of magic we've seen, if I were to label one as "evil" or "malignant," it'd be a tie between shadow and fire. It's a very rare affinity and the only way to possess it is by sheer luck, or committing terrible acts. 

A gun, in and of itself is neither good nor evil. So too would be magical ability. It all lies in the hands of the madge.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

A gun, in and of itself is neither good nor evil. So too would be magical ability. It all lies in the hands of the madge.

Isn't there a rule about mentioning a gun? Something like, "if a gun is mentioned in act one, it must go off in act two."

Edit: Chekhov's Gun. :) 

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Just for that I'll have to add a cliffie to the next chapter.

Sure, go ahead and blame the cliffie on me!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

For the benefit of those not in-the-know, Lola's my series' MC's Sig Sauer. He has a thing for naming inanimate objects. So far, he's only fired it in a shooting range or at cans in an open field, but he did pull it out of his vest's holster and aimed it at someone's head once.

I'm trying to get him to pull the trigger, but I might have to add that during edits.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mann Ramblings said:

I'm trying to get him to pull the trigger, but I might have to add that during edits.

Perhaps Lola will start demanding to have her say like the rest of his characters do!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Kitt said:

Perhaps Lola will start demanding to have her say like the rest of his characters do!

I am NOT writing a spinoff with Lola as the MC!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I am NOT writing a spinoff with Lola as the MC!

Why not? It could be full of fun scenes!

"Oh god, he's pretending he's John Wick again. He stuffed me in his belt and I'm way too close to his groin. Somebody tell this man to shower."

It could be greatness!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..