Jump to content
    Bill W
  • Author
  • 4,322 Words
  • 6,438 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Butterflies Fly Free - 1. Chapter 1 – Fluttering By

I had spent the past hour or so looking around the local gay bookstore, going over their selection of DVDs, while hoping to find something that excited me. It was Friday night and looked as if it was going to be another long, lonely weekend, so I needed to find something to entertain me. After selecting a couple of hopeful looking titles, I checked out and turned to leave. As I exited the building, I heard a voice.

“Are you looking for some company tonight?” it asked.

I turned sharply, expecting to see the usual street pro trying to make a quick score, but was surprised to see an attractive, young man smiling at me. Even though he was a bit taller than I am, when I looked at his face I judged him to be underage. I thought to myself, ‘This looks like a set-up. I’ll bet big brother is trying to either nail me for solicitation or for unlawfully dealing with a minor, if not worse.’

“Sorry,” I said, eyeing him carefully. “You look as if you’re young enough to get me a long prison sentence.”

His expression suddenly changed and his grin disappeared. As I started to leave, he hurriedly moved to block my path.

“Look, I’m legal,” he protested, once I came to a stop, “and I’ll do anything to make enough to buy a decent meal. I’m hungry and haven’t eaten in a while, so please, mister, just help me out. I mean it. I’ll do anything you want.”

I looked at him again and eyed him suspiciously. He was maybe an inch taller than me, at maybe 6’ 0” (183 cm), but quite slender. In fact, he was more than slender – he was downright scrawny. Not only that, but his clothes hung off his body in such a way that it looked as if someone had purchased them a couple of sizes too large. I’m not sure if he was doing this intentionally or not, but his hand kept drifting to his crotch, as he played with himself and adjusted his penis through his pants. I wasn’t sure if this was a nervous habit, an unconscious act or if he was trying to emphasize his package, in an effort to entice me.

As I looked back at his face, I figured he must have suspected I was a soft touch, but he was wrong. Even though I’d only been out of college for a little more than a year, I had learned a great deal about street hustlers during my undergraduate years, because the university I went to was located in a large, metropolitan area. During my time there, I’d quickly discovered the best way to deal with them was not to give them any money, because they’d just use it to buy drugs. On the off chance that he was being honest, however, I offered him an alternative.

“Look, I was just about to go eat,” I told him, “so, if you’d like to join me, I’d be happy to buy you a meal.”

He looked a bit puzzled and took a few seconds before he responded.

“You want me to go eat with you?” he asked, as if he were uncertain he had heard me correctly.

“Yes, unless you aren’t really hungry,” I countered. “Is there a problem with that?”

“Not really, but… but I didn’t think you’d really want people to see us together?” he finally added.

“Why? Have you been featured on ‘America’s Most Wanted’ or is your ‘Wanted’ poster currently on display in the Post Office?” I asked, trying to make a joke out of his statement.

“Hell, no,” he answered, not finding my question humorous at all. “Why would you think that?”

He appeared offended by the implication.

“It’s just that I couldn’t think of any other reason why you’d think that I wouldn’t want to be seen with you,” I admitted. “You’re a handsome young man and you aren’t badly dressed, even though the clothes are slightly dirty and a bit large on you, so why else should I care. In fact, I think you look decent enough to go just about anywhere to eat. The only stipulation I would make is that I won’t go to a fast food establishment. Is that ok with you?”

“Ah… yeah,” he stammered. “Anything you want… since you’re paying the bill,” he added, before giving me an impish little grin.

“Ok, then what are you up for?” I asked. “Are you in the mood for Italian, Chinese or would you prefer to stick to a place that offers more traditional meals?”

He thought about this for a few seconds.

“Italian sounds pretty good,” he told me. “I could go for spaghetti or pizza.”

“How about spaghetti AND pizza?” I shot back, which caused his eyes to nearly pop out of their sockets.

“Oh, no,” he replied, panicked. “One or the other will be fine.”

I knew instantly that he was concerned about me spending too much money on him and thought that was quite admirable. I quickly decided that maybe I should try to make it a little easier for him to agree to my offer by modifying it slightly.

“Well, I wouldn’t mind having some of each,” I told him, “that is if you wouldn’t mind having the same.”

His smile quickly returned and broadened this time, so his face was nearly glowing as he responded.

“That sounds really good to me,” he agreed, as his tongue delicately slid across his lips.

Seeing him do this made me wonder if it was in anticipation of the food or a sexual signal to me. I decided it was best not to go there, so I put it out of my mind and led him to my car. I had him take off his backpack, toss it on the backseat and then get in front, next to me. Before he shut the door, however, he suddenly seemed a little uncertain about going off with someone he had just met and had the potential of doing who knows what to him. He seemed to be mentally debating if he should change his mind and take off, but it quickly appeared as if his hunger made him ignore his other concerns and he closed the door. As soon as that happened, I backed out of the parking space and started down the street, as we made our way toward a little Italian restaurant I’d discovered a few weeks earlier and had enjoyed eating at a couple of times since.

Once we were inside and seated, I questioned him about what he liked on his pizza and then I ordered two spaghetti and meatball dinners, along with a medium sausage, pepperoni and mushroom pizza. A few minutes later, the waiter brought us a large bowl of salad, along with a basket of freshly baked bread, and set everything on the table.

“I hope you like salad,” I told him, as he eyed the large bowl and then nodded weakly in response. “Help yourself then, and to the bread too. Don’t be shy. Tonight you can eat as much as you’d like and what we don’t eat here, we can take with us when we leave.”

His face was radiant, as he shyly looked up at me, just before he started filling his plate with the greens.

Over the next hour, we both ate well, but he managed to down even more than I did. During the meal, I studied him carefully and came to appreciate what an attractive young man he was. He wasn’t stunningly gorgeous, such as an actor or a model, but he did have this cuteness and charm about him that immediately tugged at my heartstrings. I did have to be careful that I didn’t stare so long that he would catch me perving on him.

When we finished our meal, I asked the waiter to box up everything we hadn’t finished and then bring me the bill. After paying the tab and leaving the waiter a decent tip, the young man followed me outside, as we headed back to my vehicle.

“I take it that you also could use a place to stay,” I prodded, as we made our way through the parking lot.

This simple statement changed his relaxed posture into a more defensive stance.

“Ah, I have a place,” he quickly replied.

He seemed quite nervous as he said this, so I merely stared at him, to let him know I didn’t quite believe his answer.

“I do,” he insisted, noting my skepticism.

“If you say so,” I told him, still not convinced, “but I’d be willing to let you stay with me, if you didn’t have anywhere else to go. My offer comes with no strings attached, if you happen to change your mind.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he snapped back.

“It means that you wouldn’t have to do anything in order to stay at my place,” I answered, matter-of-factly. “No questions, no payments of any form and no expectations. The only thing I’d ask is that you not use drugs in my house, promise not to steal anything and that you’ll pick-up after yourself. I’m not your maid and I’m not your mother,” I added with a wink, “so I don’t expect to have to clean up your messes.”

He didn’t say anything else, so we got in the car and I started the engine. Before I put the car into gear, I looked in his direction and prepared to ask my next question. He appeared to be deep in thought, but I couldn’t go anywhere until I broached this next topic.

“Ok, then where should I drop you off?” I asked, hoping to force him into making a choice.

He didn’t answer right away, but he didn’t look up at me either. He seemed to be having a private argument with himself, about what he should do or say next. After a minute or two of very awkward silence, he finally spoke.

“Did you really mean what you said?” he wanted to know, since he still wasn’t quite certain about my intentions.

“I meant everything I said or I wouldn’t have said it,” I assured him.

He looked me up and down this time, before swallowing hard and then responding.

“Well, I slept in a park last night and was planning to do that again tonight,” he admitted, “but I don’t really feel safe there. I’m not sure why I trust you, but I do, so if you wouldn’t mind me staying with you, then I’d really appreciate it.”

I couldn’t help but smile and felt pleased after hearing his response. I had gained his trust and he was willing to take another chance with me.

“I know your backpack is in the back,” I told him, “but is there anything else you need to pick up? That doesn’t seem like very many possessions for someone on his own.”

He turned toward me again, but this time his mouth had dropped open slightly.

“Damn, if I didn’t know better, I’d think you’d been following me around,” he responded with a cheeky grin. “Yeah, I’ve got a few more things, but I left them at the park, over off of Tenth Street. I hid a duffle bag containing my clothes in the bushes there, because I didn’t think anyone would want to steal them. I took the better stuff with me, in the backpack, just in case,” he added, while nodding toward the item in the backseat.

“It’s quite dark,” I commented. “Do you think you’ll be able to find it now?”

“Yeah, no problem,” he assured me. “I know exactly where it is.”

That was good enough for me, so I took off. Once we got to the park, I pulled into a parking space and then we both got out. I followed him to the place where he’d left his other belongings, but I stayed a little behind him as we walked, so I didn’t spook him. Even though he had said I didn’t need to go along, I wanted to make certain that nothing happened and no one tried to jump him, since there were a couple of shady looking characters wandering around. It didn’t take long for him to retrieve his bag and then we quickly returned to my car. After he placed it in the back with his backpack, we got in the front and I drove away. As we were leaving, I brought up one more detail.

“I know it’s kind of late for introductions, but I’d originally assumed we’d merely eat together and then go our separate ways. However, since you’re going to be staying with me now, I think we should at least know each other’s name. I’m Leo,” I explained, while offering him my hand.

“Ah… Colton,” he countered, while shaking my hand weakly, “but everyone just calls me Colt.”

“Nice to know you, Colt,” I replied, before starting to pull my hand away, but he held on to it.

Since I didn’t know what else to do, I let him continue to do so and drove using only my left arm. I’m not sure if he was conscious of the fact that he hadn’t let go yet, but I was enjoying his warm, soft touch and figured I’d leave it this way until he decided it was time to release it. We didn’t say anything more until I pulled into my driveway and it was then that I decided to break the silence.

“Well, this is my humble abode,” I announced. “Grab your things and we’ll head inside.”

Without acknowledging that he’d been holding onto my hand the entire way, he let go of it, got out of the car and retrieved his backpack and duffle bag from the rear seat. Once he had his belongings, he followed me to the front door. I quickly unlocked it, held it open and motioned him inside.

“Is anyone else here?” Colt wanted to know.

“No, I live alone,” I responded.

“You mean you own your own house?” he followed, as he passed by and I could see why this might confuse him.

“Yes, I do. This used to be my grandfather’s house, but he left it to me when he died,” I explained. “It didn’t actually become mine right away though and was part of a trust until I turned twenty-one. You see, since my grandfather didn’t get along with my father, he left everything to me in his will instead. I ended up with this house and enough money to pay for college.”

“Wow, that’s great!” Colt exclaimed, appreciating my good-fortune.

“You’re absolutely right, now let me give you the fifty cent tour,” I announced.

I did this because I didn’t want to go into detail about my past with him just yet, so I opted to change the topic and show him around instead. Even though I knew it wouldn’t be difficult for him to be able to find his way around the place, I still showed him where everything was.

“This is the living room,” I stated, sweeping my arm toward the area that contained my sofa, television, another chair and a few other furnishings. “Over there is the kitchen and that’s the dining area,” I added, “and if you’ll follow me down this hallway, I’ll show you the rest of the place.”

Obediently, Colt followed me as I moved down the hallway.

“My bedroom is at the very end, on the right,” I informed him, “and on the left are two other bedrooms, with a bathroom in between. You may use either room and make yourself comfortable. Look them over and see which one you’d prefer to stay in and then you can stow your things in there and clean up, if you wish. Tomorrow, we can do your laundry, if your clothes need to be cleaned, and then we can discuss anything else that is on your mind.”

Colt nodded and began to look around, so I left him alone and made my way back to the living room. I turned on the television and flipped through the channels, looking for something interesting to watch. Before I’d settled on something, Colt came back into the room with me.

“I really appreciate you’re helping me out like this,” he began, “but why are you being so nice?”

“Because you needed a place to stay and I had the room,” I replied simply, while stating the obvious.

“I know, but what do you get out of this?” he pressed.

“Your company and a pleasant face to look at,” I answered.

He smiled and blushed at my response.

“But no one does anything without getting something in return,” he countered, showing his skepticism.

“Maybe most people are like that,” I agreed, “but the only thing I’ll ask of you is that someday you’ll do something for someone else who needs a helping hand.”

He was now looking at me strangely.

“I don’t get it,” he said. “What do you get out of that?”

“Why do I have to get something in return?” I asked. “There are times when nearly everyone can use someone coming to his assistance, so I’ll help you and then you can help someone else later, when you’re capable. Hopefully, they’ll do something similar to aid another person when they are able to and I’ll just be happy knowing that I started this chain reaction of kindness.”

“You’re not normal,” he replied, before realizing what he said. “I mean… you’re different from most people.”

I merely nodded my head in agreement, before I replied.

“Yes, in more ways than you can imagine,” I concurred.

I wasn’t sure if he’d get the implied meaning of my response, but if he did, he didn’t show it. He just shrugged it off, before switching topics.

“Would you mind if I take a shower?” he asked next. “I feel like I need one bad.”

“Not at all,” I told him. “You’ll find clean towels and wash clothes in the linen cabinet behind the bathroom door. There’s shampoo in the shower, soap’s on the sink, and you’ll find a new toothbrush and toothpaste in the top drawer, in the cabinet beside the sink. If you need anything else, just let me know.”

“Thanks, but it looks like you’ve thought of everything,” he chimed in, before taking off down the hallway.

As he walked away, I went back to channel surfing on the television, and before long, I heard the shower start and my mind fantasized about what he might look like naked. He was very good looking and I knew I had a definite attraction to him, but I wasn’t sure of his age. I was also determined to keep my word and not hit on him, which made me realize that letting my mind wonder about his physical attributes wasn’t a good idea. For that reason, I switched my attention back to the television and finally settled on something to watch. I don’t even remember hearing the shower turn off or the door to the bathroom opening again, but I did notice when Colt stood beside me, clad only in a towel.

“I really don’t have anything clean to wear,” he announced. “Most of my stuff got damp the day it rained and now they all smell funny,” he explained, while holding out the duffle bag in my direction.

Before I turned my attention to his belongings, I took a moment to notice that Colt was even better looking now that he was cleaned up. As he pushed the duffle bag toward my nose, I smelled the musty odor almost immediately.

“Well, I was going to wait and do your laundry tomorrow,” I explained, “but seeing this is kind of an emergency, I guess we can do a load or two now. Grab your things and follow me,” I added.

I quickly got up and started down the hallway, with Colt in tow. The laundry room was located on the right side of the corridor, just before my bedroom, so I opened the door and went inside.

“I was wondering what that door was for,” Colt said, to no one in particular. “I thought maybe it was just a closet.”

“Nope, this is the laundry room,” I informed him, “but it serves as a mud room too.”

As I was telling him this, I started the water flowing into the washer and added a capful of detergent. I then reached into his duffle bag and grabbed a few items and started tossing them into the tub.

“That door leads to the backyard,” I indicated, while pointing toward another doorway, located on the opposite wall, “so, if you ever get really filthy, I expect you to go around to the back of the house and enter through that door instead, so you don’t track the mess into the living room.”

“You sound like you expect me to stay here for a while,” he countered, while watching my expression.

“As long as you follow the simple rules I told you earlier,” I explained, “you may stay for as long as you need.”

I was about to say more, but didn’t get the chance, because Colt took a couple of quick steps forward and embraced me in the most energetic hug I’d ever had. I was temporarily dumbfounded by his response, so I just stood there with my arms hanging limp at my side.

“Thank you, Leo. You are so good to me,” he gushed. “I will do whatever you want to pay you back.”

“Well, let’s start by going back to the living room and sitting down, and then you can tell me a bit about yourself,” I responded. “I’m curious as to why you are out on your own, without having a place to sleep or food to eat.”

Colt’s head drooped a little lower onto my chest and his grip loosened slightly. I was afraid that I’d hit upon a nerve, so I decided to take him off the hook.

“Look, that was just a suggestion and you don’t have to tell me, if you really don’t want to,” I assured him. “I won’t make you leave or anything like that if you don’t want to share the information.”

Colt’s head suddenly shot back up, but this time he had a mildly shocked expression on his face.

“I didn’t think you would,” he confessed, “it’s just that I don’t know if I’ll be able tell you. I’ve… well… ah, some of the stuff I’ve kind of kept secret. I’ve never told anyone much about me, so it’s really going to be hard.”

“Colt, let’s just forget about it for now then,” I quickly suggested.

I hadn’t realized how uncomfortable this idea might make him feel and the last thing I wanted to do was to make him feel ill at ease.

“No, you have a right to know,” Colt countered, while looking very serious. “After all you’ve done for me, the least I can do is tell you about myself in return.”

I knew he now felt obligated to do this, even if he didn’t actually want to, which made me sorry that I had made the suggestion in the first place.

“When you feel ready you can tell me, but it doesn’t have to be right this minute,” I clarified, in an attempt to remove some of the pressure he might be feeling. “Let’s just watch some television and relax for the time being.”

He suddenly looked up and smiled at me again.

“There you go, trying to take care of me again,” he responded, while giving me a wink. “I’m not sure you know how good it makes me feel. No one’s ever worried about what I thought or how I felt before.”

He was staring at me again, but this time in the same way a puppy might look at someone who had just fed or petted it. This situation was beginning to feel a bit awkward and I wasn’t sure how to respond, but, luckily, that’s when I heard the final cycle of the washing machine come to an end. Thinking quickly, I used that as an excuse to extricate myself from the uneasiness of the moment.

“Colt, I need to go to the laundry room, so I can take your clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer,” I announced, somewhat mechanically. “I’ll start another load while the first one is drying, so you should have some clean things to put on shortly.”

As I moved to do this, Colt followed me, but I think he was disappointed that I hadn’t responded to his last statement. With Colt scrutinizing my every move, I went through the motions of taking care of his laundry, before making my way back to the living room. When I sat down in my chair, Colt went over and sat on the sofa, facing the television, but I could tell he wasn’t actually watching it. Instead, he kept glancing over at me, which made me wonder what was going on in his mind. We continued to sit silently like this for several more minutes, as I mentally reviewed everything that had transpired since I’d first met him. My thoughts, however, were suddenly interrupted when Colt stood up, walked toward me and then sat down on the arm of my chair.

“I want to tell you everything about me,” he announced, in a voice choked with emotion. “So, here it goes.”

I was about to tell him he didn’t have to do this when his towel fell open, exposing his genitals. My eyes were immediately drawn to the area, like a moth to a flame, as I gawked at his well-developed package.

Copyright © 2010 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Looks like an interesting story. Leo seems like a nice man and Colt obviously needs someone to look after him.

Link to comment
On 02/17/2014 04:07 AM, Suvitar said:
Looks like an interesting story. Leo seems like a nice man and Colt obviously needs someone to look after him.
Yes, Suvitar, this may be an interesting arrangement. I hope you keep reading.
Link to comment
On 02/24/2014 03:07 PM, Gene63 said:
So far, I'm intrigued. Let's see where this goes.
Ok, I hope you hang in there.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..