Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 1,303 Words
  • 2,660 Views
  • 33 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Talk With A Primordial God - 1. A Knock on the Door

Minor spoilers for the Tampa Chronicles.

I sat at the dining room table, the front room tv was on, and I was alone with my thoughts for now. The rest of the family had stepped out. I was prepared to do some writing on my Tampa Chronicles Series. My laptop, notes journal, and my trusted mug of coffee stood by, as I got down to work.

A knock on the door stopped me in my tracks. With a groan and a sigh, I walked over to the entryway. "Just a moment." I opened the door. "Yeah, how can I help …. OH MY GOD!”

He was six-foot-six-inches and was wearing a pristine all black suit and tie, with a white button-up shirt. This man had an athletic build that made me drool. His eyes shimmered with emerald. They sat beneath raven-black hair pulled into a thick ponytail. It fell just to his shoulders. His face was chiseled like the most beautiful Roman marble.

“Do you mind if I can come inside? We don’t have much time before your family comes back.” His voice was sultry. It caused a sensation in me; I want to get on my knees and worship him.

“Sure, come in, have a seat.” I shut the door and walked into the front room with him. “Would you like something to drink?”

He sat on the couch, one arm over the back of it and his right leg crossed over the other and smiled at me. “Yes, please. I’ll take some of the unsweet ice tea in the fridge.”

I moved quickly to fetch the drink for him. “Here you go.” I took the seat at the other end of the couch. “Um… so Eros, what are you doing here? How are you here?”

He laughed; it sounded like wind chimes disturbed by a soft breeze. Patting my leg, he said, “Well, I am here because of your series of stories on Gay Authors.” He motioned at the tv, and it turned off. “The News… seriously, BHopper2. Two things… one, don’t trust the national news it’s complete shit most of the time. Especially CNN and MSNBC, biased beyond belief. And two, that is the cheesiest Penname I have ever heard. You know I’ve been around a long time and heard a lot of names.”

“I realized that after I got the Author status on the site. Couldn’t change it afterward. But you should know why I can’t change it now too.”

“Yes, and I am sorry about what happened. It was not in the plans which I have for you, but free will, not even I can go against that.” Eros looked sad.

“You watched me?”

“I watch everyone that prays to me.” He smiled, and it set my feelings at ease. I was so attracted to him; I didn’t know what to say or do. “Now, ‘A’ let’s talk about your series, The Tampa Chronicles.”

“Alright. What do you want to talk about?” I quickly got up, grabbed my notes journal, a pencil, and sat back down, as I turned to a fresh page.

“I want you to know. I am loving the series you are writing. It’s full of love, life, and spirit. It’s a great series, a true diamond in the rough, and some polishing will help it go a long way. You have two great editors that help you.”

“I sense a big ‘but’ coming along.” I was ready to take the criticism of this primordial god, which I had written into a story.

He nodded. “But… why are you scared of putting me into the first four books?” He looked more curious than mad or happy. “You already have the notes to link all of the books together. Look… Chandon and Brayon are true soulmates and have my blessing. Who do you think is making it easy for them? Brayon’s emancipation is going quickly in the courts, because of me. Adam and Duncan are finally together. Adam has been praying to me since he learned he was gay at thirteen-years-old and I’ve chosen him to have insight into the matters of the heart. Jeremy and Travis, I’ve set them in motion. Who do you think caused the incident at International Mall? Me, that’s who. Then there is Robert and Giles. They have a lot of work to do to get to where they need to be.”

“Amen to that. I hope that my editors agree with what I have written in chapter 5 of Jeremy’s story. I think the readers will like it.” I cleared my throat, took a drink of my coffee, and let out a breath to calm my nerves. “The reason why, I haven’t included you in the first three books, and wasn’t planning to for book 4, is because I didn’t know how the readers would react to an Urban Fantasy/Drama/Romance story. Most don’t like the supernatural aspect of Urban Fantasy. Book 5 will be the rewriting, and the inclusion of Finding Eros in Tampa, and will be adding it to The Tampa Chronicles Series so that you will be a part of it.”

“I’m disappointed ‘A.’” His tone conveyed to me the hurt I caused him. “Who do you write for, 'A'? You keep saying, you write for yourself, but you just said, your readers wouldn’t agree with the supernatural aspects. You are a good-natured person, with a big heart, but you need to trust yourself.”

I knew he was right, the shame showed in my face, and my shoulders slumped. “Yes, I do write for myself. I love creating these worlds, characters, and their lives. They are my creation.”

He smiled and patted me on the leg again. “Now you know, how I felt creating the universe at the beginning with the others.” He paused, extended a hand, and lifted my chin up. “Don’t feel bad. You can do this…”

“Thank you.”

“Now, let’s talk plots… I see that you are going to use my Chad in Book 4, what is he going to do?”

“He’s Jeremy’s defense lawyer. For the restraining order violation. A little courtroom drama, with an over-eager States Attorney.” I had a smile on my face.

“I like it. I’ve read the unpublished chapters for Jeremy’s story. There’re a few places that need touch-ups. I like what you are doing in chapter 5, and it’s going exactly how I want it to in Jeremy and Travis’ relationship. Let that build slowly, listen to tim and Kitt, and maybe tighten it up. With Robert and Giles, I think you’re doing well in showing the duality of Giles’ nature in chapter 5.” His grin lit his face.

“You don’t think I’m doing it for drama’s sake?”

“Nope. Some people are just like that and need a lesson in humility. Robert is questioning now, but in the long run, he’ll be stronger for it, and their relationship will be as well.” He paused again, as he turned towards the clock. “I sent your family on a trip to the store, but I think they have headed back already. Some last words… I know you want a happily-ever-after for your series and you are doing a stellar job of it all. Just go with your gut instinct, listen to your editors, and you will be successful. I also think you shouldn’t be as hard on yourself, that you are, and most people don’t know about.” He stood up, walked to the door, and opened it. “We’ll talk again. Have a good day.”

“Thank you, Eros, for the talk.”

“You’re welcome ‘A.’”

He stepped out, closed the door, and I didn’t see him again. I walked over, sat back down at the laptop, and went to work on my project, with a sense of renewal and a deeper connection to the series.

The End.

Thanks to @Mikiesboy for the read through, and suggested edits. Any mistakes that remain are mine, and mine alone.

The Character – Prompt #678: Your doorbell rings, and you rush to open it. When you do you see someone, who could be the main character in your favorite story. Before you can say a word, they shake your hand. “God, I love you and your story. However, I really hate the ending. Do you think we can change it?” What happens?
Copyright © 2018 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



As I still have to read more of your work, I had the impression that there aren't too many spoilers in it; it seemed more like a glimpse of what I can expect.

Yes, it is a bit mad - but I bet it was a lot of fun to write and I suppose now you have the feeling that Eros is watching over your shoulder when you are writing 😉

I love the divine advice: "Just go with your gut instinct, listen to your editors, and you will be successful".

Looking forward to reading more from you but this scene really works just as it is :)

Edited by Zenobia
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Zenobia said:

As I still have to read more of your work, I had the impression that there aren't too many spoilers in it; it seemed more like a glimpse of what I can expect.

Yes, it is a bit mad - but I bet it was a lot of fun to write and I suppose now you have the feeling that Eros is watching over your shoulder when you are writing 😉

I love the divine advice: "Just go with your gut instinct, listen to your editors, and you will be successful".

Looking forward to reading more from you but this scene really works just as it is :)

Thanks, Zen. I appreciate the comment and your support. It feels like I have someone looking over my shoulder at times. lol. Though I have to work on listening to my gut more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Geron Kees said:

Oh, what a tangled web we weave,

when first we practice to conceive...

 

... an entire story world! :)

 

Thanks for reading and for the comment, Geron. I cheated a little when I conceived the story world. I took our real world, and just dropped in elements that I want, and took out others.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks for reading and for the comment, Geron. I cheated a little when I conceived the story world. I took our real world, and just dropped in elements that I want, and took out others.

We all cheat with our imaginations. Creating a story scenario is like being a chef. Well, a good chef. One who can look at a tried and true recipe and think, "Well, that's all very good that way, but I wonder what would happen if I left out this ingredient, and added this one, instead...".

 

So you're a good chef. Makes for good eating on this end, I must say! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..