Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

American Steel - 2. First Decision

First Decision

 

It had been over two weeks since my birthday, and I’d spent the days since reevaluating my life. My dad’s death had left me as the sole owner of the family home and business. There were no other relatives, so settling his estate had been but a formality. My first dilemma was what to do with the house. There was no way I could move there, I’d be rattling about living by myself in such a gigantic place.

The two story, wood-sided building had large rooms with high ceilings, an oversized double garage, wide covered porches facing the street on both floors, and plenty of windows used to create cross ventilation before the invention of air conditioners. It had been built in the late nineteenth century by my great-grandfather and there was no way I was getting rid of it. No matter how much money the damn developers were willing to throw at me for the large corner lot.

It was Chad who came up with a solution. Key West is a small town. Locals, particularly those who lived in old town, knew one another and we liked to do business with other Conchs if possible. Chad and I had been friends for a long time; he owns a small real estate company, focusing on rentals to snowbirds and other tourists. He provided management services for most of the properties he represented, leaving the owners free of most responsibilities.

Whereas I’m in good shape, as a result of the hours spent working on the boat and regular weight lifting, I’ve developed a small gut in the last couple of years. So my body’s far from perfect. Chad, on the other hand, is ripped. He has solid pecs, with a deep valley between them, and an honest-to-goodness six pack. And the fucker’s about the same age I am. Salt has overtaken pepper in my hair, just some darkness left on my head and beard, none on my chest. The fur is white as snow there. Chad is entirely smooth, clean shaven, and his honey colored hair doesn’t show any gray. I’m pretty sure that’s been helped along by Miss. Clairol, or professional work done at a salon.

Although physically as different as we could be, our love of motorcycles bonded us over a common interest. When he called to ask if I’d be interested in renting the house out for the month of June to a family from Sarasota, I invited him to join me for drinks so we could talk about it.

We met at Bobby’s Monkey Bar on Simonton, a dive popular with the locals, away from all the touristy shit on Duval. Chad walked in looking as professional as a real estate agent in Key West would. Deck shoes, faded jeans, and a tight short-sleeve shirt left unbuttoned. The hard planes of his chest and abs were on display, causing me to smile. I’m sure he’d undone the buttons just for me. The fucker knows he looks good and flaunts it.

My biggest concern about renting out the house was its safety. I didn’t want a bunch of college kids renting it out for a weekend, getting fucked up, and trashing it. We ironed out insurance, minimum age, and length of rental pretty quickly. The small, caretaker’s studio above the garage would remain empty. Well, as empty as possible considering I’d be using it to store anything from the house I wanted to safeguard. I’m not big on knick-knacks, but a few pieces were family heirlooms I wanted to protect.

By the time we staggered out of the bar―we may had had one or two more than we initially planned―we’d agreed I would meet him again the next afternoon. I was taking out a couple from Canada diving in the morning, once we docked I’d stop by his office to sign the contract. I planned on showering after cleaning out the equipment and securing it. My next decision was what to do with the boat and the diving and fishing gear. I was ready to make some changes in my life.

With no other relatives on the island, after the death of my parents, my friends were my family. Chad was a part of the circle of men and women who’d stood by me through Mom’s illness and Dad’s death. He proved he knew me very well when, after the paperwork was finished, he handed me a bag saying it was a belated birthday gift. We’d gone out for a sandwich and a beer and he handed it to me at the restaurant. Inside were a pair of handcuffs, a set of silk sheets, and a leather cock ring with metal studs. I smiled when I saw the contents and, raising an eyebrow, looked at him.

“Let’s go back to your place and use them to celebrate your fiftieth.” Boy was he going to be sore whenever I got around to un-cuffing him from the bedposts.

©Copyright 2016 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sounds like a good solution for the house. I know the Problem.
Fun to read the ending of the story. I had to laugh out loud. It`s nice that he has such good friends.

 

Lyssa

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/12/2016 12:21 AM, Lyssa said:

Sounds like a good solution for the house. I know the Problem.

Fun to read the ending of the story. I had to laugh out loud. It`s nice that he has such good friends.

 

Lyssa

Thanks Lyssa!

 

I have an idea of where the story's going, but none whatsover about how I'm gonna get there. Making it up as I go. As with chapter 1, the prompt words painted such a vivid picture in my mind, I had to write the background so I could get the chance for describing what I saw :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/12/2016 06:55 AM, albertnothlit said:

Now I'm real curious as to what's going to happen next!

LOL... so am I!

 

As I said in my reply to another review, I have an idea of where I'm going, just not sure how I'm getting there. Just trying to lay down some basics for now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

:P:P:P I loved your interpretation of "ring" in the prompt. :P:P:P

 

Your response made my morning ...aside from the coffee, that is :blushing:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/13/2016 01:46 AM, skinnydragon said:

:P:P:P I loved your interpretation of "ring" in the prompt. :P:P:P

 

Your response made my morning ...aside from the coffee, that is :blushing:

LOL

 

I'm not good at following the herd, so I tend to shy away from the obvious with prompts (did it with 'bat' in the first chapter of the story.)

 

Glad I could make you smile! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cop Husband = have the cuffs... Go buy, cock ring and silk sheets.. celebrating that tomorrow is Wednesday. Works for me. Miiiiikeee I need to go shopping!!
Hehe, that was fun, C.
nice job

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 01/13/2016 02:23 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Cop Husband = have the cuffs... Go buy, cock ring and silk sheets.. celebrating that tomorrow is Wednesday. Works for me. Miiiiikeee I need to go shopping!!

Hehe, that was fun, C.

nice job

LOL

 

Am I stillinvited over? I volunteer to be the fluffer (even if a fluffer is not required!) :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well bugger me with the rough end of a pineapple, You tell one hell of a story.
Short. Sweet. To the point.
I was worried there for a moment it was going to mirror parts of my life, and it did. But I like your version better.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 01:56 AM, Skittles said:

Well bugger me with the rough end of a pineapple, You tell one hell of a story.

Short. Sweet. To the point.

I was worried there for a moment it was going to mirror parts of my life, and it did. But I like your version better.

LMAO! I'm stealing that line. A pinneapple?

 

Thank you! You've made my day. Interestingly, I set aside these flash pieces to concentrate on the CJ series, you know, quality over quantity, but I've started a third chapter for this story within the past week.

 

I'm hoping to get it out in a few days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice way to say thank you for agreeing to the rental idea and happy birthday at the same time. He may never get those sheets clean. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 11/15/2016 07:15 AM, Timothy M. said:

Nice way to say thank you for agreeing to the rental idea and happy birthday at the same time. He may never get those sheets clean. ;)

LOL! Damn the things you think of. I see a treand developing with his friends: Birthday=Sex. Which ain't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think I'd like to rent the house, come to Florida for a visit, and take Chad out for a drink to ogle his body. Immediate problems solved for our narrator, and this adventure is off to a good start. Jeff

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 11/15/2016 04:45 PM, JeffreyL said:

I think I'd like to rent the house, come to Florida for a visit, and take Chad out for a drink to ogle his body. Immediate problems solved for our narrator, and this adventure is off to a good start. Jeff

LMAO!

 

There's a bed & breakfast in Key West I used as inspiration for the house: Cypress House. Gay, clothing optional place, close to everything. The original owner succumbed to AIDS and when his family took the place over, they started allowing women to stay there. Not the same vibe so I switched over to Island House or Ruby's during subsequent visits.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks to aunty Google for answering what the heck are conchs and snowbirds. Can't help myself, lol. Well, it was a special birthday, so the celebrations can take a little longer.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/06/2016 04:32 AM, aditus said:

Thanks to aunty Google for answering what the heck are conchs and snowbirds. Can't help myself, lol. Well, it was a special birthday, so the celebrations can take a little longer.

LOL... A Conch's someone from Key West and snow birds are common in Florida during winter. The fact I'm sitting at my desk with the windows open and without a shirt may have something to do with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..