Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Flying Circus - 12. The Twins [Epilogue]

Sunday, 9 May 2027
Barcelona

“I want you to come with us, Ceej.” Jefferson clung to his father’s leg while Roosevelt tugged on his coat and nodded in agreement.

“I can’t, guys.” He squatted and placed a hand on a shoulder each. “I have to go to work. And you three”—he glanced at Liebe standing next to Owen and winked at her—“are going to have so much fun with your cousins.”

“Grandma’s not going to be happy with me. She’ll be upset when I tell her I don’t want to go to mass with her. She said something about going to church on Sundays.”

The twins couldn’t figure out why CJ closed his eyes, but they moved aside when he tilted his head, reached for Liebe, and moved her to the spot they had occupied.

“Listen to me carefully, Munchkin. If Grandma offers to take you to the cathedral in Newcastle, go. I was there years ago, and it’s a beautiful building. You’ll love the stained glass windows behind the altar. But, if she tries to take you anywhere you don’t want to go, you don’t have to.”

CJ looked upward, and Owen nodded. Jefferson grinned because he and his brother talked to each other the same way. Sometimes, only a nod was needed.

“I’m—we are sending you to Australia to stay with your aunt, your uncle, and your cousins, not with your grandparents. I trust your uncle. If Grandma gives you crap, you tell Spencer. Okay?”

Liebe nodded while CJ stood. “Oz, warn your mom to not give her a hard time about going to mass. You’re gonna have to warn Spence and Tilda too.”

“I will. We know Mum’s never fully recovered from my sister’s death, so I’ll be gentle. But if she acts up with the kids, all bets are off. I’ll sit with dad and explain we’re willing to give her some leeway, but not when it comes to the children.”

“Yeah, well, it’s not only her fears but also her disapproving of our child-rearing.” CJ grinned. “You have to admit we’re not typical parents. Some of the stuff we let the kids get away with…” He ran a hand down the back of Liebe’s head. “Don’t ever take shit from your grandmother or anyone else.”

CJ had to move to his departure gate, so he hugged and kissed everyone goodbye, saving Owen for last. “I’ll text you when I land. Do the same.”

“We should be in the air when you set foot in Ljubljana.”

CJ chuckled. “You know? Ritch was right. At four and seven, our kids are about to circumnavigate the world. How old was I when I first did it? Like eighteen or so?”

“I think it’s cool they’re following in your footsteps. I betcha Liebe will do just as you suggested; she’ll tell Mum going to mass would be fine if it’s in Newcastle. Otherwise, she’ll stand her ground. I think our kids inherited the independence and explorer genes. And I’m glad. That constant quest for knowledge will help them succeed.”

“Don’t get all philosophical on me now. But you’re right. They got good genes from both of us.” CJ leaned in and pecked Owen’s lips. “Love ya. See ya in a few days.” Shouldering his backpack, he blew a kiss in the kids’ direction. “Love you, guys.”

“Bye, Ceej! We love you too!”

 

The End

 

 

 

Copyright © 2022 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 60
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 1
My thanks to my support team and to all of you reading. Your reactions and comments are welcome and encouraged.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..