Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Winter - 8. Blood Brothers

Monday, 6 January 2014

“O… M… G…! Who’s Owen? He’s adorbs.” Autumn placed her food tray on the table, gave CJ a quick kiss on the cheek, and sat next to him. “You’re such a little shit! You post half a dozen pictures on Facebook, one with the blonde god in it to tease us, and that’s it. No details. You can’t tell me you spent your vacation in Australia and those are the only pictures you took!”

“And a Happy New Year to you too,” replied CJ, chuckling. “I took more pics but need to organize them, and delete the bad ones before I show ‘em to anyone. I’ll get it done sometime this week. Then I’ll bring in my tablet with a nice big photo album in it. And what the hell are you doing fangirling over another guy? Don’t you have a boyfriend?”

“Good. You better include more of the golden boy. And my boyfriend’s in Michigan. A girl needs a little visual stimulation now and then. At least until I graduate and get to be with him all the time.” Her attention had been focused on CJ, apparently not noticing anyone else at the table. When she looked around, acknowledging the others with a nod, her head snapped back as if surprised when her gaze settled on a guy joining them for lunch for the first time. “Who are you?” she asked in her usual blunt manner. “Are you new to Walls

“My bad,” said CJ. “Autumn, this is my buddy, Chipper. Dude, this is Autumn, she’s a good friend. Careful with her though, she’s co-chair of the Gay-Straight Alliance and will try to recruit you. Otherwise, she’s harmless.”

“Shut up, you! There’s no reason anyone needs to be careful around me. I don’t bite.” The girl giggled and punched CJ’s arm before returning her attention to Chipper. “Welcome to Walls. What school did you transfer from? And CJ’s right about the Alliance. He’s a member and you have to join.”

“Nice to meet you, guys. I went to Trinity School in New York City last semester.”

“Ohhh, a New Yorker,” Danek reached across the table, offering his hand to the newcomer. “I’m Danek Nowak, the other co-chair of the Alliance. I’m Polish but I’ve been in the US for a few years now.”

“Darn it, CJ. Don’t you have any ugly friends?” Autumn rested her hands on her waist and tilted her head inquisitively. “A blond hunk in Australia, and a cute New Yorker now? And I still want to hear about that one. The one in Australia. So how do the two of you know each other?” Her eyes shifted back and forth between them while she waited for an answer.

“I met CJ during his trip to the City last year. My dad was friends with his, but we’d never been around each other before then.”

“Did your parents move to Washington because of work?” Danek was almost drooling over Chipper. CJ remembered the guy doing the same with him when they’d met at the beginning of the school year. He thought if anyone needed a boyfriend, it was the Polish boy. “That’s what happened with me when my father was assigned to my country’s embassy here.”

“No. Not in my case.” Chipper glanced at CJ, as if asking for advice, and received a small smile and a nod in response. “It’s kinda complicated. My parents have been divorced for a long time. I was living in New York with my mom and my sister. My dad used to live in Washington, but he’s now in Tampa.”

“Is that how he knew CJ’s dads? From living in Washington?” asked Autumn.

“Yeah. Anyway, mom got transferred to Buenos Aires and she’s living there now. I didn’t want to move to Argentina. Or to Florida. So Uncle Matt agreed to let me come live with him.”

“Uncle Matt?” the girl asked, once again shifting her glance between the two guys. “Your Uncle Matt?” She was now looking at CJ. “The doctor you introduced me to at your birthday party?”

“Yep. One and the same,” replied CJ.

“So, are the two of you dating?” Autumn’s question came at the moment Harley was taking a big gulp from his Mountain Dew. He half choked on it, spraying the table when he started laughing.

“It’s a fair question, Harley,” said Autumn indignantly, although there was a note of humor in her voice. “Don’t laugh. Just ‘cause you’re in love with a motorcycle, doesn’t mean your bestie can’t date. CJ needs a boyfriend.”

“Excuse me?” asked a surprised CJ. “I need a boyfriend? I don’t think so…”

“Of course you do, homey! Can’t have a good-looking gay guy walking around unattached. Some girl might decide she wants to convert you.” Thiago’s comment brought laughter to the entire table, and a fist bump from Harley. “We don’t need competition.”

“Well, that sure as hell ain’t going to happen anytime soon,” replied CJ, with a smug look on his face. “Girls don’t have the correct plumbing. I know what I like.”

“O... M… G…!” exclaimed Autumn. “It’s Owen, isn’t it? Is he the one with the right equipment? You have a boyfriend in Australia!”

 

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Stepping outside the school doors after the final bell of the day rang, CJ felt the sting of the icy wind on his face. His friends said goodbye while scurrying in all directions, searching for the warmth of the bus or their rides. The forecast called for temperatures to remain below the freezing point today but were expected to rise into the low forties by tomorrow. Still getting used to having to wear long pants and coats for more than a day or two in a row, he stood by the brick wall of the old building, stomping his feet occasionally, until he saw Brett’s black and orange Ford pickup turn the corner.

“Sorry I’m late,” said Brett. CJ climbed into the cab and buckled his seat belt. “You got my text?”

“Yeah, Papa. It’s cool. It was less than ten minutes.”

“So, you ready to do this?”

“Hell, yeah. We still going out this weekend?”

“Saturday, if the weather holds. Since your dad has to work this weekend, you and I get to spend the day together and play. But if it’s snowing…”

“It better not. I’ve waited long enough.”

“How was your day, anyway?” There was a note of mischief in Brett’s voice. “Who’s your boyfriend today?”

“Ha, ha, funny. I should have known better than to share those conversations with you guys last night. There were a couple of girls hanging all over Chipper today at lunch. I’m pretty sure the rumors he and I are dating got killed. So they moved in for their own kill.”

“And Owen?”

“Autumn’s the last one still harping on Owen. She keeps asking about him. Which doesn’t help a lot since he’s getting on my nerves. I mean, I like the guy a lot, but daily texts, emails, Facebook posts, and attempts to chat? Fuck! He even sent friend requests to Harley, Chipper, and Thiago.”

“What’s the big deal? I thought you just said you liked him.” Brett glanced at CJ sideways, raising a questioning eyebrow.

“I do, Papa. But he’s in Australia and I’m here. I told him no. He keeps this up, I’m gonna get pissed.”

“No, you won’t. Stop being a jerk and talk to him. Don’t ignore him. If you wanna stay in touch, set some limits. And let him know what they are. We enjoyed being around the guy, you know?”

“I did too, Papa. But I’m not going to have a long-distance relationship, and that’s that. He’ll be in Washington soon enough. Then we’ll see what happens.”

“Okay. You know you can talk to us anytime, so you let us know if you need us.” Brett slowed down and stopped opposite a storefront on M Street. “Hey! Here we are, Department of Motor Vehicles. Why don’t you get out, I’ll go park the truck and meet you inside.”

 

Friday, 10 January 2014

“You know something?” César’s question was somewhat muffled by the sweater he was pulling off over his head.

“What’s that?” Brett tossed his boot on the floor by the bed, before massaging his sock-clad foot.

“We’ve been damn lucky in the friends we’ve surrounded ourselves with.”

“I know. What makes you bring it up tonight?”

“Thiago. Our son’s slowly but surely gathering himself a pack of quality boys. The way those two interacted at dinner tonight made me hope the kid sticks around CJ for a long time to come.”

“Especially if it gets us invites to eat at his parents’ place. His mom is a damn good cook.”

“You’re so predictable. Good food and sex is all you care for.”

“Maybe… but the sex has to be good too. Otherwise, I’m not interested.”

“I hope you’re not complaining.”

“Never!”

“Okay, back to Thiago and his parents. In the back of my mind, I’ve had this nagging, little concern CJ could become a spoiled rich brat―”

“Are you nuts? That’s not likely to happen.”

“I know, I know. But still. It’s a passing thought now and then. Are we giving him too much? Too soon? We were at a best friend’s house tonight. The home of a working-class family. I’m glad his friends aren’t all wealthy or highly connected like Autumn and José-María. But Thiago has a part-time job. CJ has a few household chores to do, and he gets whatever he wants.”

“Are you suggesting he should get a job to earn spending money? I never had one.”

“Case in point, you grew up as a spoiled rich brat.”

“Hey! I resemble that remark.”

“Yes, you do. But you turned out okay in the end. I think CJ will too, but I want him to have some responsibility.”

“Won’t the Foundation give him that when he gets involved?”

“Probably. We need to start sharing our plans with him. He should be part of the changes we’ve been plotting.”

“Sounds good to me. But it’s late right now and we’re not going to make any final decisions. What do you say we sleep on it?”

“Sleep? I had something else in mind…”

 

Monday, 13 January 2014

“So how was it?” asked Harley, biting into the foot-long in his hands. “Did you enjoy it?”

“Damn, Harley. Is that sub big enough?” replied CJ. “It was okay, but we had to quit once it started snowing. Papa didn’t want to take any chances. But Defiance lost its virginity. I was able to get in a little over an hour’s worth of practice.”

“You have six months. You’ll get the required forty hours and more in no time,” added José-María. “It’s too bad you need to practice with someone who’s twenty-one. I'd take you out if I was old enough.”

“Thanks, buddy. Papa’s going to be the one taking me out most of the time for now. This is my other dad’s busy time at work. He’s home late most nights, and he goes in the office most Saturdays too.”

“Are you going out this weekend again?” Harley stuffed the last bit of the sandwich in his mouth, making CJ shake his head in wonderment at the amount of food his friend could eat, and the speed with which he did so.

“Don’t think so. We have out-of-town visitors staying with us. And my friends, Bradley and Patrick are coming down from Boston.”

“Oh, wow! Do we finally get to meet them?” asked Harley. “You and Chipper have talked about them so much, I sometimes feel I know them already.”

“Maybe. Their dads are selling their house. They already started packing shit up, and I think the guys may get stuck helping them out.”

“Are they selling the PP too?” asked Harley, dismay evident in his voice. “I hope not. I loved going out on the boat, and I was hoping to do it again.”

“Nope. As far as I know, they’re keeping it. But they want to move to DC, so they won’t have a dock behind their house like they do in Virginia. They’re going to keep the boat at a marina.”

“Are the guys selling the house the same ones you went to Australia with?” asked José-María.

“Yep. Uncle JP’s Australian. We spent a lot of time with his family.”

“Is the blond guy in the pictures you showed us one of his relatives? He’s real sexy. You two make a cute couple.”

“Crap, Jose, we’re not a couple. He’s not my boyfriend. You’ll see when he moves to Washington. We got along and he’s a nice guy. But he’s just my friend. That’s it.”

“He’s moving here?”

“Yeah, he’ll be going to law school starting this fall.”

“Too bad. I guess I’ll be back in Venezuela before he gets here. But maybe I’ll meet him when I come back to visit my parents.”

“You’re moving? I didn’t know that!”

“Yeah, it got decided over Christmas. With my dad working for the government, they feel it’s a good idea I go to college down there. The Venezuelan political situation makes people look down on the United States.”

“That sucks.”

“I know. It also means I’ll stay in the closet.”

“In the closet? I thought your parents knew you were gay. Didn’t you tell them you went out with me to the HRC dinner last fall?”

“Yes, I did. But they think we’re good school friends. I mean, I’m pretty sure they’ve figured it out by now, but it’s not something we talk about. It’s common in South American countries for gay men to marry, have kids, and also have sex with men in secret.”

“Bro, that sucks,” said Harley. “Why can’t they just live and let live?” He crumpled the scraps of his meal in the wrapper and reached for his backpack.

“Tradition? Religion? Who knows? But I know I have a couple of relatives who appear to be happy with their wives in Venezuela, then they come to the US on business and start looking for guys to fuck around with. My cousin’s one of them.”

“Gotta go, guys, catch you two later.” Harley waved at them as he walked away from their little corner table.

“So your cousin’s gay?” asked CJ, furtively looking around and lowering his voice, not wanting to be overheard by any of the other students seating nearby.

“Yeah, he’s twenty-six and his wife’s pregnant right now. He was here over Christmas with her. So one day he told me of this guy he knew, we went over there and the two of us shared his friend. He’ll be back in the spring for a function in New York. He also works for the Venezuelan government.”

“To hell with that shit. I’m glad my step-father discovered I’m gay and threw me out. Best thing that could have happened to me.”

“But you’re lucky, CJ. Your dad being gay, and having a partner who likes you, isn’t something we can all have. You have no idea what a lucky boy you are.”

“I think I do. I wouldn’t trade Dad or Papa for anything.”

“Anyway, you might get to meet my cousin when he comes back. He’s hot. I think you’d like him.”

“Yeah well, as long as he doesn’t think he gets to fuck me.” CJ lowered his voice so the rest of the table couldn’t hear his comment. “I’m not going to bend over for some married guy. No matter how hot he may be.”

“Yeah? So if the guy was hot and single you might be interested?”

“Maybe…” CJ stood, shouldered his bag, and picked up his trash. “Later, gang. Gotta go. Need to hit the boys’ room before next class.”

 

“Hey, babe, you’ve looked tired all night.” Brett massaged César’s neck and shoulders, after helping him pull off his sweatshirt.

“I am tired. It was a rough day.” He twisted his head around, enjoying the pressure on his knotted muscles. “I didn’t want to say anything in front of CJ until I talked to you, but I had a very interesting phone call today.”

“Yeah? Anyone I know?”

“Yep. Olga called this afternoon.”

“Aba? CJ’s grandmother?”

“The one and only. She wanted to know if we had plans for Presidents’ Day Weekend next month.”

“Why the hell would she ask? Does she want us to go down to Miami for something?”

“Not exactly. The opposite, as a matter of fact.”

“She wants to come visit us?”

“Wrong again! But she was wondering if we would be willing to have a visitor that weekend if we were staying in town.”

 

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

“This is awesome!” said Chipper, handing his ticket to the attendant. He followed CJ into the Verizon Center, grinning from ear to ear. The multi-purpose venue served as the home of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Washington Wizards of the National Basketball Association. “I hope we don’t have a rain delay.”

“Rain delay? Inside?” Doc’s expression broadcasted his confusion. “Have you been smoking some of that wacky stuff? How can a game indoors be delayed by rain?”

“Don’t you read the sports page, Uncle Matt?” asked CJ. “The game on Monday night was delayed around an hour because of a roof leak that started dripping on center court.”

“You’re kidding me!” exclaimed the now surprised man. “How old is this place? Didn’t it open like ten years ago?”

“More like fifteen, I think,” replied Brett. “I’m pretty sure it opened in the late nineties.”

“Who cares? If it leaks again we’ll be part of a trivia question one day.” CJ’s excitement surpassed Chipper’s; the Wizards faced his beloved Miami HEAT this evening. “We’ll be mopping the floor with the Harry Potter wannabees anyway.”

“Speak for yourself, bubba. Your dad and I are rooting for the Wizards. They’re our hometown team.” Doc looked at Brett while he spoke. “Ain’t I right?”

“Papa?” CJ’s question carried a hint of warning in it.

“Sorry, Doc,” replied the marine, chuckling. “I’m allowed to root for the Wizards. But not if they’re playing the HEAT.”

Allowed? What the fuck?” Doc sounded incredulous.

“Well, I need to keep peace at home. I’m afraid if I root for the Wizards tonight, I may end up getting stabbed in my sleep.”

“Oh, I would never stab you, Papa.” CJ had an evil-looking grin on his face. “But I might tell on you, and then Dad wouldn’t put out.”

“See what I mean? Living with two guys from Miami tends to affect what teams I’m allowed to cheer for. Let’s go find our seats. We can order drinks from the servers.”

“Servers? At our seats?” Chipper’s look of confusion made CJ snicker.

“Yeah, man. Dad works for EY, the accounting company, and we got their tickets tonight. He reserved them for all the HEAT games. Since Uncle Matt and Papa’s foundation are both clients, he had no arguments from his boss.”

“You have a charitable foundation, Uncle Brett?”

“It’s a family thing, buddy. You’ll hear more about it soon. We’re working on some things, and I may want to ask you a few questions concerning the organizations you were involved with at your school in New York.”

“Sure, anytime,” replied Chipper as they climbed down into the bowl. “Hey! Where exactly are these seats?”

“Fourth row behind the scorer’s table,” said CJ. “They also have a luxury suite but I told Dad I’d rather watch the game close instead of up there.”

“Damn! This is incredible. You think your dad could get me seats for a Knicks game? I’ll pay for them.”

“I’ll ask. But forget about paying for these, or the ones in the suite. You’d blow your allowance for a month.”

“Meh! Mom and Dad both send me money, and all I spend it on is lunch at school. Uncle Matt doesn’t let me pay for anything.”

“You know, Chipper?” said Matt, placing his arm around the youngster. “Y’all scared the crap out of me when you asked to come live with me. I mean, I always thought it’d be fun to have a son. And having CJ around since last summer, I realized it wasn’t too late for me. César and Brett took to being fathers like ducks to water. So I’d started thinking about adopting―”

“You never said anything, Doc!” exclaimed Brett.

“I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, bubba. So when Chipper asked to move in, I had to decide if I was serious about it or not. So far, so good. And as far as I’m concerned, you can put the money your parents send you away in the bank.” Matt’s affection for the boy was crystal clear to anyone listening. “Until further notice, y’all are like my kid.”

Chipper threw his arms around Doc, resting his head on the man’s shoulder. “Thanks, Uncle Matt. I’m real glad you said yes. I love you.”

 

Friday, 17 January 2014

“I’ll get it!” shouted CJ, jumping up from the couch he’d been sprawled on next to Chipper while watching TV. Doc had gone to New York for the weekend to see Sean, and César and Brett had readily agreed to have the kid stay with them for a few days. The two men put down the documents they’d been passing back and forth while sitting with the boys, hardly paying attention to whatever they were watching.

“Watch it, CJ!” exclaimed Brett reaching for the wine glass sitting on the coffee table in front of him. “If you hit the table any harder you’ll spill my drink.”

“Sorry, Papa. Randy! Ty!” CJ had pulled the door open, and a fraction of a second later was launching himself at his cousin, wrapping his arms around him. He repeated the move with Tyler, before stepping back from the entrance and allowing them to come inside.

“Give them a chance to walk in, CJ,” said César, placing his hands on his son’s shoulders. “And shut the fucking door, it’s cold out there. Hi, guys. Welcome back to DC.”

“Thanks, César,” replied Tyler. “Feels like we never left.” The short, muscle-bound man slipped his carry-on bag off his shoulder, dropped it on the floor, and wrapped CJ up in a hug. “It’s good to see ya, cuz. But you better watch out this weekend. You’re on our shit list.”

“Ungh,” grunted CJ. “Let me go you, ape. You’re too damn strong. What the hell did I do?”

“Come in, guys. Come in,” called out Brett from the sofa where he had remained sitting next to Chipper. “I want to hear about CJ being on the doo-doo list. Maybe it’ll give me ammunition for later if I need it. Can I get you something to drink?”

“Yeah!” exclaimed Randy while ruffling CJ’s hair. “Damn airlines keep packing people in like sardines. I’m starting to hate flying. How about a glass of wine since that’s what you’re drinking. I can definitely use a cocktail.”

“I think he’s trying to soften us up so we’ll spring for first-class tickets next time, babe,” said César. “Damn architects and designers always try to squeeze every available dollar from their clients.”

“I thought that was attorneys, Dad. Hey, are those the plans for our basement?” asked CJ, pointing at the black tube with a shoulder strap Randy was holding. “Can I see?”

“Yes, they are. And yes, you may. But give me a chance to relax for a minute first,” replied Randy, stepping around his young cousin. “Hi there. I’m gonna take a wild guess and say you’re Chipper, right?”

“That’s me. Hi, Randy. CJ’s told me a lot about you and Tyler. It’s nice to meetcha.”

“I hope he’s not told you everything he knows about us!”

“Yeah! Don’t you forget I know it all!” said CJ, wrestling his cousin onto the couch. “Man, it’s good to see you guys. I wish we lived closer. I missed you.”

“Not the impression we got based on the pictures we saw from Australia. Who the hell is this tall, blond, and hunky Owen guy? And in case you’re wondering, that’s why Ty and I think you’re a shit. What’s this crap of going all the way to the end of the world, and sharing about a dozen pictures on Facebook? Where are the rest of them?”

“No time to spend at the computer. I was too busy having fun. You’ll see all the pics this weekend. Wait ’til I show you the ones of the Opera House, you’re gonna be so jealous.”

“We’re already jealous because of Owen. What’s up with the surfer boy?”

César, Brett, and Chipper all chuckled at the same time, making CJ climb off from atop his cousin while straightening out his t-shirt―a bright orange Harley-Davidson one reading WORK SUCKS, LET’S RIDE with a winged HD logo on it.

“What’s the chuckling for?” asked Tyler.

“There’s this girl at school who keeps drooling over the guy,” replied Chipper. “And, after we finally convinced her CJ and I aren’t dating, she insists Owen’s CJ’s boyfriend.”

“He would be if that nice Aussie bloke had his way.” Brett put his hands up to defend himself as CJ twirled around and gave him a death stare.

“Shut up, Papa. Don’t make me hurt you.”

“I think you and I need to discuss some things you may not have told me, buddy,” said Chipper, staring at CJ.

“And I think this is going to be a very illuminating weekend,” said Randy. “Come on, cuz. Let’s take a look at these sketches we worked up. You can tell me all about Goldilocks later.”

 

“What are you reading?” asked Chipper. He had finished showering and was standing at the entrance to the bathroom, toweling his longish hair.

A Cook’s Tale.” CJ looked up from his tablet when he answered. “It’s the second book in a series called Ship Logs of the Santa Claus.” He tried to be discreet while looking over his friend, entirely naked for the first time in front of him. “I read the first one, The Luxorian Fugitive, last fall and got hooked.” Chipper was a good-looking guy. His body was similar in size to CJ, maybe a tad less bulky, but well defined. “I hope he keeps the series going.” The sprinkling of hair on his chest trailed down his torso, around his navel, until it reached a thicket of brown curls at his groin.

“Christmas stories?”

“Nah.” CJ chuckled at the assumption. He wondered once again what had possessed the author to name the ship the Santa Claus. “It’s science fiction. Stories about a merchant spaceship called Santa Claus. The crew’s all gay men.”

“Lots of sex?”

“Some. But it’s not a jerk-off story. Classier than that.”

“Hey! Do you have a hair dryer? I don’t want to get in bed with wet hair. I hate it when the pillow’s damp and it gets cold.”

“In the cabinet underneath the sink. I never use it but it was there when I took over the room.” CJ watched his friend bend over, reach into the backpack he’d brought, and pull out a pair of boxers. The view of Chipper’s fuzzy butt gave CJ ideas of what he’d like to do with it—ideas he kept to himself. No need to scare off the straight guy he liked so much.

The sound of the blower, combined with the view of Chipper’s body, distracted CJ from his reading. He turned off his tablet and placed it on the charger; his thoughts turned to Owen and how easy it had been to sleep with the blond Aussie. He had enjoyed waking up wrapped around the guy, or feeling the man’s arms surrounding him when the position had been reversed.

“Hey!” Chipper’s voice pulled CJ out of his reminiscences of the time in Australia. “What’s up with all those FLEET boxes in there?”

“Oh, those were also there from before I moved. This was my bedroom whenever I visited Washington, but it was set up for guests most of the time. I guess the dads stocked those things for their gay friends.”

“Why?”

“Ummm, don’t freak out on me, okay? Those things are so a guy can clean out his insides, before letting someone in there.”

“Ohhh… I shoulda figured that one out on my own.” Chipper appeared lost in thought as he slipped into the bed on the other side of CJ. “Does it hurt?”

“The enema? Not really. You get a feeling―”

“No. I mean, does it hurt to get fucked? The girls I’ve done it with never said anything about it, but I guess that’s because they’re built for it. I was inside their pussy, though. I think butt fucking would hurt.”

“I guess it can. But patience and lots of lube can make it easier,” replied CJ, chuckling.

“Have you done it?”

“Ummm, yeah.”

“A lot?”

“Nah. I’ve been on top with a couple of guys. But only one did me.”

“Cool. I’ve been with a few girls… Did you like it? I mean, when you were on the bottom?”

“Yeah…” CJ had turned off the light, but if Chipper had been able to see his face, his friend would have noticed a smile. “Owen took his time with me. It hurt at first, but then it got better. And the next time there was almost no pain.”

“Owen! So that’s why you were smiling so much in those pictures with him.”

“Asshole! Shut up and go to sleep. I’m dragging you to the gym early tomorrow. Unless you want to get cleaned out and find out for yourself…”

 

“What do you think?” asked César, closing the door to the bedroom.

Brett was walking into the bathroom when he replied with his question: “What do I think about what?”

“About the amount of sex going on on the second floor right below us.”

“Oh… I think the Chicago boys are probably going at it already. Those two appear to be horny twenty-four seven.”

“What about CJ and Chipper? They’re sleeping in the same bed, you know?”

“I don’t think so. But you never know with teenagers. And this wave of pansexuality sweeping the world confuses me. The younger crowd seems to have even fewer hang-ups than we did. But those two I'm not so sure about. They have in no time become as close as blood brothers.”

 

A Cooks Tale, The Luxorian Fugitive, and The Ship Logs of the Santa Claus are the intellectual property of Mann Ramblings. They are referenced with permission from the author.
C. A. Hazday
  • Like 69
  • Love 15
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice chapter. Everyone seems happy but CJ, I guess the teasing is bugging him. But if you're gonna post hot boys on your FB page ... what can you expect? And since CJ doesn't get it, about how Owen is feeling, maybe someone should explain love to him. Right now he's being pretty cruel. I know Brett tried, but obviously CJ needs a slap in the head with the info, not just, set some limits. Owen must be feeling pretty used by now.
That's my rant for now. Thanks C!
tim

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Don't blame CJ for getting touchy about Owen, but that just shows how much his emotions and thoughts about Owen are in conflict. Agree with Tim that CJ is being clueless about Owen's feelings at best, cruel at worst. Brett and Cesar have managed to talk more evenly with CJ about things since Chicago, and I agree with Tim it's time to do it again. CJ having Chipper as a blood brother will be good for CJ - a brother closer than Thiago or Harley, even. Someone he can trust for plain unvarnished truth.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/19/2016 11:38 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice chapter. Everyone seems happy but CJ, I guess the teasing is bugging him. But if you're gonna post hot boys on your FB page ... what can you expect? And since CJ doesn't get it, about how Owen is feeling, maybe someone should explain love to him. Right now he's being pretty cruel. I know Brett tried, but obviously CJ needs a slap in the head with the info, not just, set some limits. Owen must be feeling pretty used by now.

That's my rant for now. Thanks C!

tim

Thanks for the feedback, bud.

 

This time CJ's acting his age for a change. Instead of the overly mature teen, he's being a kid. I keep trying to show he's good, but he ain't perfect.

 

And as far as knowing/understanding what love is, there's plenty of people much older than him who haven't got a clue. So many men call love what's no more than a crush or lust because they're stuck on the fairy tale of love-at-first-sight.

 

I'm not saying what will happen between CJ and Owen down the line, but here's food for thought: You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. And sometimes, it takes us losing something to appreciate what we had.

 

I think I've exceeded my dayly quoato of cliches!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/20/2016 01:08 AM, Parker Owens said:

Don't blame CJ for getting touchy about Owen, but that just shows how much his emotions and thoughts about Owen are in conflict. Agree with Tim that CJ is being clueless about Owen's feelings at best, cruel at worst. Brett and Cesar have managed to talk more evenly with CJ about things since Chicago, and I agree with Tim it's time to do it again. CJ having Chipper as a blood brother will be good for CJ - a brother closer than Thiago or Harley, even. Someone he can trust for plain unvarnished truth.

Right on point, Parker!

 

CJ sees his dads as being decisive men and tries to emulate them. Inner conflict's not something he's likely to acknowledge, much less give into. He can think he's in control and knows what he's doing, but repressing emotions can come back to bite us. The dads have shown a knack for knowing when to reel their boy in. Give them time :P

 

Could he be feeling a tad closer to Chipper because they both have gay fathers?

 

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I wondered back in Cautious Man, if CJ would be unaffected as he seemed. He went on to say all the right things, but here we see he's not handling the emotional component to well. He made a decision with his head, and he's not wrong, but he'll have to figure out how to be mindful of his feelings and not do dismissive of Owen's. Chipper can maybe help with that. There is definitely a need to set limits with Owen. For his own good poor boy..

 

CJ has a diverse group of good friends. I don't think the dads needs to worry too much about him being spoilt. Besides getting him involved with the Foundation is great..

 

Chipper and Doc.. Love!
Could another brother be coming to visit?
Good for Chipper, handling Fleet 101 like a champ, with follow up questions too..

 

Great Chapter Carlos.. Fridays are sooo far away..

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/20/2016 02:51 AM, Defiance19 said:

I wondered back in Cautious Man, if CJ would be unaffected as he seemed. He went on to say all the right things, but here we see he's not handling the emotional component to well. He made a decision with his head, and he's not wrong, but he'll have to figure out how to be mindful of his feelings and not do dismissive of Owen's. Chipper can maybe help with that. There is definitely a need to set limits with Owen. For his own good poor boy..

 

CJ has a diverse group of good friends. I don't think the dads needs to worry too much about him being spoilt. Besides getting him involved with the Foundation is great..

 

Chipper and Doc.. Love!

Could another brother be coming to visit?

Good for Chipper, handling Fleet 101 like a champ, with follow up questions too..

 

Great Chapter Carlos.. Fridays are sooo far away..

I give up! Normally, I'm full of baloney, today I'm full of cliches: You gotta crawl before you can walk or run. The relationship between Owen and CJ was seen differently by each of them, but was it really? A lot can happen in the eight months before the Aussie moves to the US.

 

Fleet 101? :rofl: You know one day I'm going to steal that and use it in a story.

 

Friday may be far away, but at least you know a chapter will be there waiting when you wake up. Winter's all written, we're just editing the final chapter right now and that should be accomplished shortly.

 

Hell, knock on wood, but writer's block's not something I'm having issues with. I have to force myself to slow down 'cause there's so much to write.

 

As usual, your comments make my heart sing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I thought that the time for "tame" chapters ended with Chapter 7. This chapter definitely included some dicey material leading to later chapters. I enjoyed the interplay among CJ's friends at school.
When Owen comes to Washington, D.C., the sparks are likely to fly.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/20/2016 07:16 AM, WildcatLes said:

I thought that the time for "tame" chapters ended with Chapter 7. This chapter definitely included some dicey material leading to later chapters. I enjoyed the interplay among CJ's friends at school.

When Owen comes to Washington, D.C., the sparks are likely to fly.

LOL, I'm sure by now you've noticed I don't spring things out of the blue very often. I try to provice some sort of lead in.

 

After working with a limited subset of the cast during the vacation chapters, I now have brought half-a-dozen more characters into play in each of the last two chapters. I keep trying to apply the brakes so there's no whiplash for the readers.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing, Les.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Loving Chip and Doc...the changes are obvious with Doc.
As for Chip and CJ...nah, their friendship/bonding is heading so deep, think the sex would mess it up. I must admit, I'm kinda surprised that CJ as become so dis-interested in Owen. Is this a case of "out of sight, out of mind"? Or is Owen really pushing that hard? Time will tell, I suppose.
Another fine job here! Loving the dynamics/dialogue between the character!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

@Dmrman

 

Youll get there. I'm not sure you'll be caught up by the time Georgetown:Roar ends but maybe by the next book. :P Somebody told me they binge read the entire series during the most recent hiatus and I was impressed. There's a lot of words to read! Chipper's curiosity led a few readers to start up Team Chipper in support of his candidacy for CJ's boyfriend. Harley and Owen also have their rooting sections.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

You are correct, Carlos, about not having teen-aged characters speaking dialog like an English professor, but it was a pleasure to hear a character use 'can' and 'may' correctly! Is it permissible to speak of 'hearing' dialog when it is written into a story? In order to keep all your characters straight (ahem, pun intended) in my mind, Carlos, while reading, I frequently assign an accent to one or another and 'hear' their speech patterns. It has been so many years since I was visiting in Oz that I have a little trouble with the Aussie accent, but Florida, New York, and Chicago are easy for me, and motor-mouth Harley is instantly recognizable!!

You and I have a long way to go together, Carlos, with the number of books in the CJ series, but I am enjoying the journey very much, keep up the good work!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Never heard of Fleet before. You learn something new every day. Lol.

Edited by Jaro_423
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

As a matter of fact, the Fleet enema people have acknowledged the use of their product by the gay community. There was a cautionary note a couple of years ago because Fleet enemas contained a chemical Sodium Phosphate that doctors worried about. Gay men were using too many Fleet enemas and thereby absorbing too much of the chemical. In response to this concern Fleet put out an enema that was plain water only. So doctors now say that using a special Fleet enema is no longer chemically dangerous. However, they still recommend their use with caution as too many enemas will degrade the normal response of the bowel to pressure. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

As a matter of fact, the Fleet enema people have acknowledged the use of their product by the gay community. There was a cautionary note a couple of years ago because Fleet enemas contained a chemical Sodium Phosphate that doctors worried about. Gay men were using too many Fleet enemas and thereby absorbing too much of the chemical. In response to this concern Fleet put out an enema that was plain water only. So doctors now say that using a special Fleet enema is no longer chemically dangerous. However, they still recommend their use with caution as too many enemas will degrade the normal response of the bowel to pressure. 

Learn something new every day...

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I think CJ is trying to be mature by not having a long distance relationship with Owen. It is the right decision for now. But he is in denial about what he feels for Owen. He is obviously very keen on the chap but the constant teasing pushes him further into denial. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Doha said:

I think CJ is trying to be mature by not having a long distance relationship with Owen. It is the right decision for now. But he is in denial about what he feels for Owen. He is obviously very keen on the chap but the constant teasing pushes him further into denial. 

Excellent observation. The conflict between the brain and heart when it comes to personal relationships is nothing new. There's also being blind to something everyone else sees.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Excellent observation. The conflict between the brain and heart when it comes to personal relationships is nothing new. There's also being blind to something everyone else sees.

I think we have all done that - been blind to what is in front of us whilst the world around sees it clearly. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Doha said:

I think we have all done that - been blind to what is in front of us whilst the world around sees it clearly. 

If I had listened to my best friend's opinion on a couple of exes, I could have saved myself some aggravation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I’m a bit disappointed with CJs reaction with Owen. They definitely had a connection and now it seems Owen was just a fuck buddy to him. I understand the long distance relationship thing but he’s coming to DC for school! It’s not like LDR would have been that long. It’s just sad. I feel bad for Owen 😞

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Straycat said:

I’m a bit disappointed with CJs reaction with Owen. They definitely had a connection and now it seems Owen was just a fuck buddy to him. I understand the long distance relationship thing but he’s coming to DC for school! It’s not like LDR would have been that long. It’s just sad. I feel bad for Owen 😞

You're not the first reader unhappy with CJ. I think people expected the typical gay story where the MC falls in love right away. You're right, CJ probably saw the whole thing as a summer romance.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..