Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,290 Words
  • 2,652 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2020 - Spring - The Storm Entry

Mate's come first - 5. Meeting the leader and confronting the PA.

Owen looked around at the house as they entered. It was huge. The front door opened into a spacious foyer with a lovely pine table in the centre. There was a staircase off to the left covered in red carpet that curved around as it ascended. The floor was light brown wood and the walls were a soft rose. A settee along one wall was strewn with colourful throw cushions. Owen felt at home. The size was offset by the soft and bright colours.

"Good, you're here."

Owen let out a manly yelp. Then he dropped into a bow as he saw leader Grayson sitting on an armchair he had yet to notice.

Mica let out a growl. "What are you doing here? I told you we'd come by your place for breakfast. We've been driving for hours. We need a shower and a nap before we get into any explanations."

Gray waved a hand. "I wanted to meet your mate, and since I knew you were nearly home, I thought I'd just meet you here. I did bring breakfast; it's being kept warm by Mina in the kitchen."

Mica rolled his eyes. "Let me guess, it's muffin baking day. I hope you left some for other people."

Gray adopted the fakest innocent face Owen had ever seen, and he couldn't help smiling. Gray winked then turned away from Mica sticking his nose in the air. "I am sure I don't know what you mean. I do not eat muffins for breakfast; it isn't good for me."

Owen stifled a chuckle as they followed their leader into the kitchen where the smells were good enough to have the dead rising to eat.

###

Mica and Gray walked into their office, and Cravin looked up with a bright smile. "Morning, sirs. You're both early today. Mr. Grayson, your first appointment isn't for another three hours. Mr. Jacobson, I wasn't expecting you back yet, and so your calendar is clear for today."

Gray smiled. "That's okay, we wanted to talk to you before anything else today anyway."

"Of course, sir." Cravin didn't look worried, just interested and attentive. Mica was looking forward to changing that.

Gray and Mica led Cravin to the office seating area and they all found places. "Now," Gray started, "we need to talk about the mail this office is receiving. It has come to our attention that letters are going missing. More specifically, complaints are not getting to us. I would like you to explain."

Cravin wasn't looking so happy now. In fact, he looked like he wanted to run away and hide. "I'm afraid I would need to do an investigation to find out what is happening."

Mica shook his head. "Maybe it would help if I told you I met my mate yesterday—"

Cravin clapped his hands. "That's great." Then he frowned. "But, what would that have to do with missing mail?"

Mica had to hand it to him, he did innocent well. But not well enough. The tell was in Cravin's eyes. There Mica could see fear lurking.

"My mate is Owen Kerby. Maybe you recognise the name?"

And there it was. Cravin's face filled with fear, then he dropped his head to his hands with a sob.

"What's going to happen to me?" The words were garbled by tears but understandable.

Gray sat back in his chair. "That depends on you. Start talking."

Cravin hiccupped a few times then pulled himself together. "I assume you know who my sister is and that her son is Ian Woodrow?" Mica and Gray nodded. "My mother’s sister, Sharon, came to me some years ago. She couldn't control Ian, and he was getting into trouble. At first, I told her to go to one of you. I told her you'd be able to help. But she said he wasn't that bad. It was just a bit of name-calling, and she was sure he would grow out of it soon. She was worried; however, about complaints from the students or their families. She didn't want Ian's record dirtied by what she called silly schoolboy teasing. At first, she would send me names of students so I could intercept any complaints and answer them in your name. I don't know how she got the names, and I didn't ask. Then things changed. The complaints were changing from name-calling to physical violence. I tried to call Sharon, but her mate answered and said I had better keep doing what I was doing, or I may be the one needing to complain about physical violence. Then Ian contacted me about three years ago and demanded I stop a boy called Owen Kirby from contacting you. I asked what was going on, but he told me unless I wanted him to let it out that I was covering and forging letters from our leader, I would do as I was told and not ask questions. I pointed out that he would get into trouble as well if I did, but he said he would just talk to his dad and let him deal with me. I was in too deep by then to come to you." He jumped up and Mica tensed, but he only went to his desk and pulled a folder out of a locked drawer. He returned to his seat and handed the folder to Gray. "I made copies of everything that was sent and what I replied back. Everything is dated, and I also recorded the calls after the third one from Sharon. I have her mate and Ian threatening me and then telling me details of what I need to look out for to cover for Ian."

Mica couldn't believe their luck. They had everything they needed to bring down the bullies and kick them out of the coven.

But Gray wasn't finished. "How did this stay quiet this long? I mean, I haven't even heard any rumours that there was a problem at the school."

Cravin looked pained. "Apparently, Ian learnt how to use magic to coerce. He can make sure that the person he is bullying doesn't talk about what is happening. If they do, they will be in pain. That's why they tried to write or email you. The only one it didn't work on was Owen. However, the boy didn't try to call you, and apparently, he didn't talk to anyone else. When he ran away, Ian got me to send the search parties off in the directions he told me. I think he knew either where Owen was or at least where he was headed, although I don't know how he could know anything like that."

Mica knew, and it set his blood boiling again.

Gray was still talking. "We are going visit to the school today. I checked the registers and Ian and his sidekick are scheduled to be there. You are to call the headmaster and let him know about our visit, and that we are going to expect to talk to all the students, mentors, and teachers of the school. You are not to contact anyone else or to tell anyone about the reason for our visit. Then you can clear your desk. You have twenty-four hours to pack up and be out of this coven. The council will be informed about your actions, and they will have to decide if you deserve any more punishment, and they will find you a new coven."

Cravin nodded and went back to his desk to make the calls.

Mica turned to Gray. "So, what's the plan?"

Gray gave a fierce grin. "We are going to rain a storm down on that school and find out what gets washed out."

Copyright © 2020 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 21
  • Wow 4
Thank you everyone who:
Reads :read: 
Reacts :heart: 
Comments :great:
And Helps :2thumbs: on this and all my stories. 
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2020 - Spring - The Storm Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The story only gets better with each new chapter. I’m glad that Owen went back with Mica so that they could meet with the coven leader Grayson to let him know what had happened to Owen when he was in school, and the reason he left right after he turned 18. They now know for sure that the letters were intercepted and by who and for what purpose, they also know that he was doing so under the threat of physical violence. The way that Owen was pushed aside in school for not being a normal mage in the eyes of the highborn was a stupid thing.

Edited by Butcher56
  • Like 5
Link to comment

This was a fun read, Caz. I really enjoyed it. I can fully imagine what Grey is going to wash out of that school... 🤨

Thank you! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I almost feel sorry for Cravin.  He got caught up in something and then did not know how to get out.  Owen still needs to be the one to confront some of these people, it will make it easier for him to move forward.  Not everyone has the personal strength to do so, but with his mate at his side, I would hope he would.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 6/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, Nana Atuwa said:

Wow so excited ur stories are always exciting but it feels like it’s never enough I always want more than I get 

I think all readers say that about all the stories/books they read :lol: 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:27 PM, Butcher56 said:

The story only gets better with each new chapter. I’m glad that Owen went back with Mica so that they could meet with the coven leader Grayson to let him know what had happened to Owen when he was in school, and the reason he left right after he turned 18. They now know for sure that the letters were intercepted and by who and for what purpose, they also know that he was doing so under the threat of physical violence. The way that Owen was pushed aside in school for not being a normal mage in the eyes of the highborn was a stupid thing.

I remember the pushing aside it happening a lot when i was at school. someone had to only be a little bit different from the norm and they were either made a target of or ignored. Trust me being ignored was infinitely better than being made the target. This happened with teachers as well as kids. 

Hopefully, Owen can help Grey and Mica make a difference. 

On 6/19/2020 at 1:40 PM, Clancy59 said:

While I agree Cravin (what a perfect name!) deserves to be punished, it just seems to me that exile from the coven is a bit extreme.  He was as much a victim of the bullying as the others.  However, Grey is entitled to seek another coven for him.  He is the Alpha.  I just think Cravin shouldn’t be summarily expelled.

Exiling him is as much to protect him as to punish him. When word gets round about his participation in what has been happening there are probably parents that will be out for blood for the treatment of their children. Even letting it be known he hadn't been a fully willing accomplice may not keep him safe. So he would be better off at a different place. 

Plus there is the fact that he wouldn't have the trust of anyone any more, a start would be best for him. 

On 6/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, Defiance19 said:

This was a fun read, Caz. I really enjoyed it. I can fully imagine what Grey is going to wash out of that school... 🤨

Thank you! 

Oh, yes, Grey is really angry and i think the school is in for a shake up. 

On 6/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Headstall said:

Woot Woot! That was satisfying, Caz! 

:thankyou: 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:20 AM, centexhairysub said:

I almost feel sorry for Cravin.  He got caught up in something and then did not know how to get out.  Owen still needs to be the one to confront some of these people, it will make it easier for him to move forward.  Not everyone has the personal strength to do so, but with his mate at his side, I would hope he would.

I'm sure Owen will get his chance and that Mica will be there for him all the way.

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting. I am so sorry it has taken so long to reply but this year seems to be one thing after another. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..