Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 998 Words
  • 3,194 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mine! - 66. Mine! Part Two Chapter Thirty-two

As much as I wanted naked and wet time to lead to something more, my body was totally against me. The pain was building and that throbbing pulse was almost all I could feel, even with Ritch’s soapy hands sliding down my body.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered.

“What? Why?” He looked up at me, literally on his knees at my feet, his head the perfect height.

And nothing.

I waved hand toward my groin with the hand that wasn’t bracing me on the wall. “It’s not you.” Ritch’s hair was slicked back, darkened by the water, and I could see trails of water sliding down the lean muscles of his back to the upper curves of his ass.

His cheeks pinkened. “Oh. Well, duh, you’re exhausted. A few hours ago you had bones sticking out of your leg. Even if you were, ah, up for it,” he cleared his throat, “I wouldn’t let you risk hurting yourself.”

“Wouldn’t let me?” I raised my eyebrows.

Ritch nodded decisively. “It’s not the right time.”

He had that right, at least. I wasn’t going to mate him in the shower, the marks of those other men who’d touched him on his body and my injury reminding him of my failure to protect him. It was killing me to wait, but, in the meantime, I could still use the time to further his wooing.

Wooing. I suppressed a snort. If Deke heard me say that, he’d never let me live it down.

“Okay,” I said mildly. If nothing else, Ritch needed to know I respected his opinions—especially when it came to sex.

“Okay? That’s it?”

I nodded. “I agree with you. When we mate, I want both of us healthy and ready for it.” If I had my way, he’d be so ready he’d beg me to bite him. He’d never have to ask twice.

“Mate?” His voice squeaked, and he cleared his throat. Ritch’s eyes were comically round.

“Of course.” I leaned down and helped him to his feet. He wasn’t blinking. “I haven’t made my need for you a secret. I want you as my mate, and I’ll do whatever it takes to get you to agree.” I ran my thumb over his lips. “What else did you think my kisses meant?”

“I don’t… I mean, I didn’t know for sure. If the stuff you said was just posturing. For everyone else.”

“It’s not posturing. You’re going to be my mate, and I’m going to be yours. You’re going to smell like me, and I’m going to smell like you, and no one will be able to mistake our bond.”

“But I’m a human werekin. And I can’t give you babies.”

I shrugged. “My brother was a human werekin. We’re not prejudiced in our streak. And I don’t want kids. I want you.”

Ritch swayed closer, his lips closing just over the tip of my thumb still caressing them. “Tease. You are the worst.” He scraped his teeth over it, staring at me, and I growled. “I bite back.” I wouldn’t, but I liked the way he shivered at the low promise.

“Not tonight…?” His response came out more like a question.

“Not tonight.” I reached for the showerhead behind him and rinsed us both off. We were clean enough. “Bed. Together,” I said, just in case he didn’t know that I wanted him in my bed with me. “You okay with that?” I couldn’t take away his choice, even if it killed me to ask.

Ritch took a moment. “Yeah.”

We got out, and he helped me dry off, and then he braced himself under my arm and I hopped over to the bed. Exhausted, in pain, I slumped on the side of the bed.

“Do you need some water?”

“No.” I shook my head. “Just some sleep.”

Plastic bag gone, Ritch helped me get situated on the bed with my leg elevated on a pillow. Then he went around to the other side and crawled under the covers. “Oh, I forgot to shut off the light.”

I stopped mid-reach as he slid back out of bed. He went over and turned off the lights, then I heard him try to navigate back in the dim light. It was enough for me to see, but he must not have been able to because he ran into the end of the bed.

“Ow!”

I chuckled, not even trying to suppress it.

“Stop laughing! My toes are killing me. Next time you can turn off the lights.”

“Okay.” I held out my arm when he got back in the bed, and he snuggled in close. I yawned, my jaw popping. “Good night.” It was daytime, but, whatever.

“Night.”

Things weren’t so great when I woke up later. Ritch had moved away from me, and he was whimpering in his sleep. I tried to roll toward him and a spike of pain jabbed through my leg. “Son of a bitch!” I snarled.

“What?” Ritch jolted and sat up. He looked around wildly, scooting away from me. It was even darker in the room, but the whites of his eyes were practically glowing because they were open so wide. “No!”

“Damn it.” I couldn’t reach him, and I was fighting the urge to throw up.

He got tangled in the blankets and couldn’t get free. After a moment of struggling, he stopped and froze, curling into a ball and ducking his face against the bed.

“Ritch. It’s me, Park. You’re okay. You’re safe with me, in my bed. Come on, mate. Look at me.” I deliberately eased my voice, trying to make it calm and soothing. “Look up, please.”

He hesitantly moved, barely lifting his head and panting raggedly. “P-Park?”

“Yeah, it’s me. You’re safe.”

“I am?”

“It was just a dream. Come here.”

I waited anxiously to see what he’d do. Finally, he untangled himself and eased closer. I held out my arms, leaving them wide open for him.

Copyright © 2017 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice chapter. I like the little ways you show Ritch growing more comfortable with the idea of mating with Park.

 

One thing: I kept waiting for Park to brush his teeth or at least swish some mouthwash, because ugh vomit breath.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Ritch sounds like he has accepted that they are gonna be mates.  Did he even sound disappointed that it wouldn't be tonight?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

:D Thanks for the comments, everyone! I agree, there does need to be more time. As fast and furious as mating can be, Ritch is fragile and Park is actually taking that into consideration. That, and sex with a broken leg is just no fun. LOL 

 

@Geemeedee  I didn't even think about the teeth, lol. Maybe we'll pretend he did it and I just glossed over it. ;)

 

@glennish I think he's getting just as protective of Park as Park is of him, and Park got really hurt. That puts a damper on the libido, for sure. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Awesome... I'm behind again, but now I get to read two in a row. :) This had just the right amount of tenderness, as they move closer to mating. I love this couple and the pace you have them developing... it feels right... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..