Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 600 Words
  • 1,724 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Coquina Hotel - 12. Chapter 12

I was feeling lonely and missing Jon. Every evening I would go to my spot and look out at the ocean, hoping to see Jon. I did this for ten days and was about to give up. I was beginning to believe something happened and Jon wasn’t coming back. Bobby came into my office, “Boss, You got to see this.”

I followed him to the back of the hotel. Looking out at the ocean, there was Jon on the Drake pulling another boat. Bobby started to jump up and down, yelling. I saw Jerry grab Jon and said something to him. Jon looked and waved. My man was coming home. “Let’s go and meet them at the dock.”

When we arrived at the dock, Bobby started to tell everyone that Jon was coming and was towing a boat. A crowd began to gather, waiting for the Drake. We waited two hours for the Drake to come around the corner before seeing Jon in front waving and calling my name. He had seen me before I saw him. Jerry was blowing the horn, and the crowd began to increase. Soon everyone on the beach was at the dock waiting for the Drake to dock. Jon was the first one-off. Sven was attending to tying up the boat they were towing. Jon was hugging me, and I wasn’t complaining. It was good to have him back.

It took them two days to empty the barge. Granted, I don’t think they were in a hurry. Jon asked if it would be okay for his mother to use her kitchen things in place of ours. I agreed, and in the morning, I ate breakfast from her dishes. I noted a few additional pieces of furniture in the living room, a rocker with a footstool was where a stuffed chair used to be.

They pulled the empty barge about 900 yards from the dock. They anchored the barge. It was close enough and yet provided a spot where the kids could easily fish from it and get back to the pier.

 

In the last few months of the year, Jon and Sven began a project at the house. Their mother wanted a herb garden. The boys were building a hothouse. “Jon, do we need a hothouse? The weather is nice year-round.”

“Roge, I know we don’t need a hothouse, but Mom had one back home. She would not only grow herbs but also flowers. In the afternoon, she would spend hours inside the hothouse. We even put a rocker in there for her.”

I nodded, indicating I understood. If it would make Jon happy, then it would have my approval. So with my consent, the boys built a hothouse. I called it a conservatory.

 

Life became routine, and the Hotel was busy. The Motel had guests who had booked into the Hotel and decided to stay a little longer. I had a small bus driven between the Motel and Hotel with a stop on the beach road. Jon suggested we make a run to the beach, so we did that.

Now the bus took clients from the Hotel and Motel into town. I had to establish a schedule. Otherwise, I would have to spend all day driving round trips.

I started to add fishing trips to our ads. Jon said we would need another fishing boat. So he found a used boat for sale. He and Sven took off to check out the boat. Three days later, I found myself sitting in my garden, waiting for a boat to show up.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 11
  • Haha 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

13 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Everything is going well for the hotel and motel. Jon seems to be getting quite a collection of boats. Mum seems to be happy in her new home.

yes and I think Jon is developing his navy of fishing boats

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Mom's settled in, herbs are on the grow, Jon and Sven are yachting away, and Richard is keeping it all tamed and organized. Would luv to make a reservation at the Hotel for a few weeks! Sounds perfectly relaxing and the eye candy ... OMG! 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Wow an expanding little empire, it seems that he is constantly waiting for Jon to arrive by boat, a great chapter

  • Like 3
Link to comment

And so the in-laws move in and take over... Poor guy gradually he'll see his things moved and pushed into a corner, or even gotten rid of completely. Time was I had a bookshelf with books, now I have a bookshelf with HIS DVDs... 

The business seems to be becoming a little empire, but I don't want him to become a bus driver while the rest enjoy themselves. He's taken on employees for everywhere else, so he needs to employ a driver.

Loving the story...🥰

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/30/2021 at 6:18 AM, chris191070 said:

Everything is going well for the hotel and motel. Jon seems to be getting quite a collection of boats. Mum seems to be happy in her new home.

Yes, Roger and Jon are settling down.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/30/2021 at 6:33 AM, Chris L said:

Mom's settled in, herbs are on the grow, Jon and Sven are yachting away, and Richard is keeping it all tamed and organized. Would luv to make a reservation at the Hotel for a few weeks! Sounds perfectly relaxing and the eye candy ... OMG! 😂

bad boy. I think Roger has finally happy and not looking for more hotels. He is beginning to realize he has everything he needs. The sea is Jon's love, beside Roger

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/30/2021 at 7:00 AM, drsawzall said:

A happy Mom and a happy life!!!~

I think the ads for fishing will see reservations skyrocket!

To Jon's delight

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 8/30/2021 at 8:09 AM, mikedup said:

Wow an expanding little empire, it seems that he is constantly waiting for Jon to arrive by boat, a great chapter

Jon's love of the sea is part of who Jon is, and that love will add to Roger's life in a positive way.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Kev said:

And so the in-laws move in and take over... Poor guy gradually he'll see his things moved and pushed into a corner, or even gotten rid of completely. Time was I had a bookshelf with books, now I have a bookshelf with HIS DVDs... 

The business seems to be becoming a little empire, but I don't want him to become a bus driver while the rest enjoy themselves. He's taken on employees for everywhere else, so he needs to employ a driver.

Loving the story...🥰

I think he has one of the boys who are old enough to drive, driving the bus. It has become a full time job.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..