Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,065 Words
  • 9,350 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Prince - 2. Chapter 2

I arranged with the cook to prepare a very special lunch for my guests and me. It ended up being a 7-course luncheon which may seem like a lot. But having many small servings would give me enough time to lay out my plan.

About noon, George came into my sitting room, "Your Highness, the car just left to pick up your guests."

"Did they make any comments about the invitation?"

"No sir, they seemed puzzled but they readily accepted."

"Good let me know when they arrive so I may greet them."

"Your mother was inquiring as to who these guests were, based on what the guards told me, I told her they were town folks you met yesterday while jogging."

"Was she satisfied with that answer?"

"It appeared so but it's hard to read the Queen."

There were 4 bedrooms on my side of the castle, two of the rooms would be for my bride and myself. Since this is an arranged marriage each would have their bedroom but would share a sitting room. The other two rooms would be for the Maid-in-Waiting and the Valet. There are two smaller rooms which are on a lower floor which are used as offices, there I'll have my office and the other will be for my bride. Each of the bedrooms has its own en-suite bathroom and dressing room. This arrangement fitted my plan perfectly. If Alex finds me not suited to be his lover, it would still work out if Alexandra and her lover agreed to the plan.

It was 12:30 when George informed me that the car just entered the gate. I put on my coat and went to the reception hall to meet my guests. Of course, I knew my mother and father were looking out from their offices.

As the footman opened the door, I smiled at Alex and Alexandra. They both looked handsome as they entered the castle. "Welcome my friends, I'm so glad you could join me for lunch. I have arranged to have lunch in the Garden. It's my favorite place."

I offered Alexandra my arm as I escorted them to the Garden. George had the staff set everything up for a private lunch under one of the rose-covered arbors. As I left the reception hall, I waved to my mother and father. I knew sometime before dinner I'd be asked to explain who those people were and why I asked them to lunch. It wasn't a problem for me to invite people to lunch, they were just showing their interest in me. That was the excuse to find out why I had a luncheon.

It took about 10 minutes before the waiter began to bring out our lunch, one plate at a time. As we began to eat, I began to introduce my plan. "I'm gay and prefer the company of men. I don't want to marry a girl, it wouldn't be fair for her." I stopped as the second course was being served.

Looking at Alex, "Alex would you by any chance be gay?"

I watch Alexandra as I asked Alex that question. It was almost like she wanted the answer as much as I.

"Yes, your Highness I'm gay. I haven't told my parents and if there was a way not to tell them, I'd appreciate it."

The third course was being served. "Alexandra, I told his Highness why you weren't going to attend his birthday party."

"How did you know?"

"Your girlfriend's bother told me"

"Alexandra, that knowledge led me to develop the plan I wanted to offer you. If you'll consent to be my wife, you can have your girlfriend as your Maid-in-Waiting. I'll show you the rooms after we have finished lunch. Think about it and if you have any questions let me know."

We chatted about basketball, and when Alex could come and install the equipment. As we chatted over dessert guess who showed up, my Mother. I introduced her to my friends, who bowed and courtesy as they acknowledge the Queen. "Mother, would you like some dessert or something to drink?" I waved to the waiter who brought a chair for my mother and after she sat down, Alex and his sister sat. I asked him to bring something for my mother to drink.

Alex and Alexandra answered my mother's question in a very respectful manner. Alex explained how we met and my interest in the game called basketball. He told her how I went to his home and that is where he met my sister.

"My dear, are you planning on coming to David's birthday party?"

"Yes, your Majesty, I wouldn't miss it for anything. It'll be the event of the year and probably for the next 20 years."

That gave me the answer to my question. Yes, Alexandra will be my chosen wife. Now to tie down her brother, well not really …but…maybe later if he'd agreed to a little fun.

I escorted my guest to the door and reminded Alex to let me know when he'd be ready to install the basket for the game. I gave him my private phone number so he could contact me.

I went to my room and waited, I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd be summoned to my mother's reception room.

It was about 1 hour before dinner when George knocked to inform me my mother would like to see me. Now the inquisition would start.

"Mother, you wanted to see me?"

"You realize that you still must go ahead with the party and dancing with every girl there."

"Of course Mother what gave you the idea that I wasn't going to participate. After all, it'll be the event of the year."

My mother is not a dummy, she realized that I had already selected the girl. "I find Alexandra a very pretty girl." Winking at me, "I'm glad that you're going to follow protocol."

"Alex will be coming over here to install the basket for the game basketball. I was thinking now that I'll be 16, I should have a valet. What's your opinion?"

She just looked at me and began to laugh, "Definitely you'll need to have a valet." After saying that, I got a hug and was dismissed.

At dinner that evening, my father looked at me and smiled. I knew my mother told him.

Now the plot thickens.
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 12
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

You say the plot thickens.This sounds like to me the King and Queen might figure out David's scheme

There is that possibility although the Queen may think David has already made his decision and the party isn't needed.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kev said:

I reckon the queen and king know or realize more than they are saying... I like this Alex and his sister looks like they might be good for our happy prince... Thank you.

I'm sure David is a good judge of character and he will make the right decision.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Ah...the sweet mysteries of love!!!

or of deceit. Not sure which one is in play

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

Shouldn't every gay man have a valet? LOL!!! 

Absolutely. it should be socially accepted 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great get together, definitely looking good

The garden, a safe place to have lunch. Out and in the open.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What better way to demonstrate leadership, than to negotiate an agreement between disinterested parties, for a settlement that will insure a better existence of all concerned. Likewise, he is already choosing his royal confidants before standing alone and distracted in the presence of the royal court/council.

Even in brief observations he already knows the basic ethics and motivations of both brother and sister; Alex, a community builder, others over self; Alexandria, refusing to parade in false presence, at a possible cost of someone else’s feelings and expense. Some pretty good starting points for both.

Great storyline @CLJobe

Edited by Philippe
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Philippe said:

What better way to demonstrate leadership, than to negotiate an agreement between disinterested parties, for a settlement that will insure a better existence of all concerned. Likewise, he is already choosing his royal confidants before standing alone and distracted in the presence of the royal court/council.

Even in brief observations he already knows the basic ethics and motivations of both brother and sister; Alex, a community builder, others over self; Alexandria, refusing to parade in false presence, at a possible cost of someone else’s feelings and expense. Some pretty good starting points for both.

Great storyline @CLJobe

An excellent interpretation of the character of these two people. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's looks like his scheme may work, a wife and personal valet. What more could he want.

Nothing more if it works

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Interesting story so far, but is Alexandra willing to have children with David? 

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Bft said:

Interesting story so far, but is Alexandra willing to have children with David? 

yes, Alexander is willing 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..